fbpx

Rhodalite Muse

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

This Muse had suffered a mishap way back when I FIRST finished putting on her lovely base coats back in July or so. I tried to spray-fix her in hot, humid Missouri weather. Oops, bad idea. The spray fix made her look cloudy and almost grainy, and for a while, I pretty much gave up on her.

September rolled around with its kinder weather, and I felt the need to give her another chance. I cleaned up what messed up paint areas I could find, although in some ways she would never be saved in the fact that she already had a couple spray coats because of my previous attempts (in vain) to de-cloud her finish, and so didn’t have as much sharp detail anymore, but I sprayed her with a final finish on a cool September evening and finally, the cloudiness, and for the most part, the grainess, slipped away.

I accidentally picked TOO bright a morning to take photos of her, but now it’s kind of too late to take photos outdoors because everything’s dead and the winds are crazy here in Missouri now.

She’s intentionally painted in the gaudiest colours I have, for I have a love of bright colours and especially Hawaiian shirts so it seemed to fit that my Muse would be as bright and clashing as I am. Affixed to her are natural African Rhodolite garnets (hence her boring temp name), and in her beak is a feather from my first lovebird, Rhoda, who had passed on back in 2005.

Be gentle. This Muse has been through a lot. XD

dragonmedley
    Participant

It looks like the feather’s going to make her sneeze 😀

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jodi
      Participant

I think it’s really cute. I love the feather too.

lamortefille
        Participant

Cute! I love the feather: -)

Stephanie
          Participant

Very cute!

Amanda
            Participant

She’s adorable! Great idea with the feather!

Maria
              Participant

I like the feather idea. The Muse is pretty

What kind of bird does the feather come from?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.