fbpx

Rest in peace Anne Mccaffrey…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Rest in peace Anne Mccaffrey…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Wampus Dragon
    Participant

I am saddened to come home to this piece of news this evening. She was one of my favorite authors. ):

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/11/r-i-p-anne-mccaffrey-1926-2011/

littleironhorse
      Participant

Melody has posted about it in the Announcements section.

Very sad news.

Carolyn
        Participant

Melody posted this too . Oh man what a loss to the world . I have loved Pern sense I first read Dragon Drums years ago . The dragons and their riders are a passion that I will never let go of . Now the dragon lady is with real dragons . She’s flying high . We’ll miss you so much .

:(( I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read the Dragonriders of Pern – but I am on my third set of books because the bindings kept wearing out and I take very good care of my books. My heart goes out to her family. All I can think about is Menolly’s song for Petiron (?). It sums up what I feel. :((

keschete
          Participant

All of my dragons, both alive and those of the Windstone persuasion are Keening!!!

Laurie
            Participant

I still refuse to acknowledge this. Not only were her Pern books fabulous, but the rest of her scifi was fantastic as well, and I’ve read most, if not all. I will truly miss her. 🙁

I loved her short stories and Restoree which was her first book and evidently was written as a protest over how women were portrayed in scifi at the time. Plus who could forget the Ship who Sang….

Carolyn
              Participant

She said of all her books her faverite was The Ship Who Sang . She couldn’t read the ending without crying . How I’ve cried when I read the Pern series . The Masterharper and Moreta and others too . I just keep re reading them because they are old and welcome friends to me .
                Look under Writing for a beautiful story called Dragon’s Gift . Fan Fiction .

:'(

LadyFirebird
                Participant

This is such a loss! I love the Pern series! Sad, sad news 🙁 . The Sci-Fi world has lost a great author. RIP Anne McCaffrey and thank you for your wonderful books.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.