Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Reports of Fake & Knock-off Windstones and general infringements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

Is it still listed? I didn’t find it. If it is, John should be notified at john@windstoneeditions.com

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Zexious
      Participant
        GardenNinja
        Participant

Hmm, not sure why I didn’t see it. Judging from the seller’s listing and feedback, they are probably just selling a donation and have no idea it is a forgery. I emailed John to check it out.

merrillannwhite
          Participant

I forwarded him a link from eBay.  I think you are probably right about them not knowing.

Jasmine
            Participant

Saw this one on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142833768805?ul_noapp=true

No sign of any repaint notice other than the description.

GardenNinja
              Participant

I don’t think it is necessary for it to say so on the actual figurine. Since it is an alteration, not a forgery, all that is required is that the seller doesn’t misrepresent it. Since it says “repaint” in both the title and description, that requirement is met.

Courtney
                Participant

This looks fake. Is it fake?

Windstone Dragon https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132685689960

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

GardenNinja
                  Participant

It looks similar to an “Intense Black” Silver male to me, but with a different eye color. Was there an earlier version with straw eyes? The paint job is way too detailed to be a quick knock-off. Or maybe someone repainted a white male?

LZ
                    Participant

I messaged the seller and they said: On the bottom it says “2nd”

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Bodine
                      Participant

I do not know how to do the link thing but I have told Ms Melody about these.This is a darn shame.

Look up . eBay..New Design Rubber Latex Moulds Molds Molds to make large garden dragon.

Theydid molds of both the mother and male.And they put a copyright notice on it.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Nightcrow
                        Participant

I was coming here to point out that suspicious silver-and-black dragon, but I see someone’s beat me to it.

Someone needs to tell that seller, and/or Ebay, that describing a repainted dragon as “New” condition is misleading and incorrect.  I did send the seller a message asking for them post a photo of the dragon’s base, and suggesting that if it was repainted the condition listed should be changed; who knows if they’ll answer, though.

Pictures for the curious/for the record after the auction goes down:

Seller is khe_bzeaigl.  The entire item description is:

Male Dragon

Condition: New

which Ebay helpfully defines as  “New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items)” right above the description, so if the seller knows this is a repaint there’s no way they don’t know that description is wrong…

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

It has to be a repaint – the Windstone Silver Dragons have light Blue eyes, not Gold or Tan.
                            It’s a relatively nice repaint of a previously White Male Dragon perhaps – but still very misleading in the description.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
                            Participant

This item is STILL listed in eBay, more than a year later.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHELF-DRAGON-CRYSTAL-READING-GLASSES-GOTHIC-MEDIEVAL-SIGNED-WINDSTONE-STYLE/322358103981?hash=item4b0e0a4fad:g:PagAAOSw6DtYT2TD

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Nightcrow
                              Participant

Here is the dragon mold that Bodine mentioned.

The seller is bwthynbach; I skimmed through the feedback to see what other dragons they sold and only found two.  Neither was a Windstone (though one looked similar to Purplecat’s ceramic piece, at first glance!) but I strongly suspect that they don’t own the rights to most of the sculptures they’ve made molds of…

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

silkenwinds37
                                Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>
                                  Holy what a direct ripoff!!! I hope the get sued stuff like that REALLY ticks me off. NO ONE can ever match Melody’s work! They have to copy because they obviously can’t. Pathetic.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 321 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.