fbpx

reorganizing

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone reorganizing

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

I have a lot of sculptures I’ve collected over the years, so when I get an urge to clean I clean till 6am and I bust out the q-tips and water to clean each one πŸ˜†
      And yes, it is a random urge when it happens!

Kujacker
      Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

vapordragon wrote:

I rearrange when I buy new dragons. I have been doing alot of that since joining the forum. πŸ™‚ I have run out of room in my curio. Time to start looking for a new one.

I have a curio cabinet store saved in my favorites at home. I fell in LOVE with a cabinet that would fit nicely with the 2 I already have but I’m at work and do not have it saved her I’ll try to remember to find it at home tonight.

I do NOT re arrange mine. They are all puttied to the shelves with earthquake putty even the Emperor’s on the bottom shelves. I hope to get another case soon I’m out of room

…earthquake putty? o.O

Bob

Kujacker wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

vapordragon wrote:

I rearrange when I buy new dragons. I have been doing alot of that since joining the forum. πŸ™‚ I have run out of room in my curio. Time to start looking for a new one.

I have a curio cabinet store saved in my favorites at home. I fell in LOVE with a cabinet that would fit nicely with the 2 I already have but I’m at work and do not have it saved her I’ll try to remember to find it at home tonight.

I do NOT re arrange mine. They are all puttied to the shelves with earthquake putty even the Emperor’s on the bottom shelves. I hope to get another case soon I’m out of room

…earthquake putty? o.O
          YES we have talked about it before but for the newbies.
          earthquake putty is used in museums to secure artifacts to shelves. I live in CA which is earthquake country. I got it at Home Depot. They make a gel also but I had a feeling that might include an oil of sorts and did not like the idea of ruining the felt pad with oil. It’s like silly putty and you break off a piece and mold it as you like and press it on the piece and put it on the shelf and it will then stay in place. When I get my glass display cases I used it on just about EVERYTHING I put in the case. It said on the label that all you should have to do is twist the item if you want to break the seal or you can cut thru it with fishing string. I do not think I would EVER try to use it again. It is very cheap also I think I got like 5 of them for like $20. I feel much better knowing that they are secure in the cases

Pegasi1978
          Participant

As I add new pieces to my collection things get reorganized to make room for the newbies. I’m running out of room on my “Windstone Shelf” and need to figure out where to put the few pieces I want to get sometime soon. First thing to find a space for is my Black Griffin that Kyrin just repaired.

Kujacker
            Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

earthquake putty is used in museums to secure artifacts to shelves. I live in CA which is earthquake country. I got it at Home Depot. They make a gel also but I had a feeling that might include an oil of sorts and did not like the idea of ruining the felt pad with oil. It’s like silly putty and you break off a piece and mold it as you like and press it on the piece and put it on the shelf and it will then stay in place. When I get my glass display cases I used it on just about EVERYTHING I put in the case. It said on the label that all you should have to do is twist the item if you want to break the seal or you can cut thru it with fishing string. I do not think I would EVER try to use it again. It is very cheap also I think I got like 5 of them for like $20. I feel much better knowing that they are secure in the cases

And it doesn’t ruin the felt pads? Interesting.
              Good thing I live where there are no earthquakes.

Elena
              Participant

I reorganize when I get new pieces. Which is getting harder and harder and that’s even after I bought a bunch of new shelves πŸ™„

Laurie
                Participant

The cabinets I posted will not hold a secret keeper. You may be able to fit an emperor on the bottom shelf but I don’t think the sk will fit in there.

Aldana
                  Participant

Yes of course it takes ages to reorganise my 5 dragons! lol! Oh well early days I suppose!

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

Skigod377
                    Participant

Just cuz of this topic I had to rearrange mine yesterday πŸ˜†

skigod377 wrote:

Just cuz of this topic I had to rearrange mine yesterday πŸ˜†

rofl..im evil 😈

Laurie
                      Participant

I love to reorganize my windstones. I just can’t keep my hands off them πŸ˜†

Purplecat
                        Participant

I reorganize mine every now and then so I can shift some of the less looked at ones into more prominent spots so they can get their fair share of attention…we’re always pulling them out to look at them or show them to someone new. My son likes to visit with my em-pea fledgie cause he says if he were a dragon that would be him! πŸ˜€

Participant

Kujacker wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

And it doesn’t ruin the felt pads? Interesting.
                            Good thing I live where there are no earthquakes.

The stuff works really well. I haven’t used it on my Windstones yet, but it works well for attching little nick nacks to the top of my computer screen panel at work and the top of my cube. It’s like a rubber plastic. I think as long as you put it on the edges (where the painted gypsum is before the pad starts) it should work well. (This may be a boon to anyone who has cats who like to climb and knock off stuff.) Here is one type you can get:

http://www.sunsetent.com/Categories/quakesecure.html
                            It is also known as museum putty.

Just don’t use this one:

It is a clear gel that is made for using on glass. I used it to secure my glass shelves to their rubber stoppers. The problem was that under any pressure, the stuff turns to a liquid and can drip. And it is messy to clean up. In all fairness, I did use it for purpose other than what is was made for (securing glass to glass/wood/metal) and it just didn’t work well for me.

Bob

I have never had a problem so far

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.