Ren questions…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ren questions…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

My roommate had one from PenDragon that she loves. http://www.pendragoncostumes.com/

I’m looking at this one http://cgi.ebay.com/RENAISSANCE-PIRATE-CORSET-WENCH-COSTUME-BODICE-AC3-M-L-/350358012913?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5192f703f1

One of the girls I know from the Ren faire had one last year. She wore it every weekend to work in and she said it was wonderful. A friend of mine bought an under bust corset from this seller and loves it.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Oh wow! This is great! Thanks everyone! I am loving all the info that I am getting here, that just seems so darn time consuming to get while you google and wade through everything that doesn’t pertain to what you really want to know! πŸ˜€

Thanks for including all the links everyone! They really help to see what I am actually getting myself into!

Tasgrs: Funny you should mention the cloaks! That is what led me to Von’s store! I love them, and I see them go for what seems much less than what I could buy the material and make it for. They look like wonderful quality!
      I have to admit, that what draws me most to his corsets are the collared and tailed ones. 😳 I want something sorta snazzy, something different that I don’t see in my area, that people won’t be walking around in every day. He’s got one that reminds me of the movie Cassanova…I am soooo in love with it! And the dark purple ones he has. *faints* I can see myself buying one of each thing I like. *sigh* I just really hope this coat lights up my “good feeling” area about myself, and if it does…Look out Von, you may have another fan. πŸ˜†

I did however just win a multiple lot of Ren patterns which include patterns for 8 different corsets, 3 multi layer full skirts, and 4 different chemise patterns! Now, I need to get my Bernina Record 730 Zig Zag a new foot pedal so I can use it again! It was my great Grandma’s then my Gramma’s, then she gave it to me after I learned to sew. It’s been years since I got it out of the box…I know it needs cleaned too. But, you just can’t beat an old heavy metal monster like that. My aunt was so pissed when she couldn’t find it when Gramma passed. I sat back with a huge grin on my face, thinking, “Yeah, you can’t friggin’ sell that now can you?”. Gramma gave it to me about 4 years before she passed away, and I know it is worth a bit of money. Yeah, well, it’s mine, and I’ll die with it still being mine, same as the rest of the things I got from Gramma. πŸ˜›

Jasmine
      Participant

I have one of his dark blue tailed and one purple tailed one, the only problem I have is that he uses ribbon as ties, not really corset ties. The ribbon tends to slip after long periods of time, so it won’t be as tight as when you first put it on. I just swap out the ribbon… Oh, and I also have this outfit from him, I love it, just need to have it taken up:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sexy-Adult-Fantasy-Outfit-Renaissance-Goddess-Gown-12_W0QQitemZ140411294933QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20b12a54d5#ht_14438wt_1139

Jasmine wrote:

I have one of his dark blue tailed and one purple tailed one, the only problem I have is that he uses ribbon as ties, not really corset ties. The ribbon tends to slip after long periods of time, so it won’t be as tight as when you first put it on. I just swap out the ribbon… Oh, and I also have this outfit from him, I love it, just need to have it taken up:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sexy-Adult-Fantasy-Outfit-Renaissance-Goddess-Gown-12_W0QQitemZ140411294933QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20b12a54d5#ht_14438wt_1139
        Is it the dark purple one that looks like Velvet? The one with sleeves? I drool over that one constantly! The only dark blue one I have seen had gold on it too, but was really cool. Yeah, I noticed the ribbon, and figured on replacing that. I’m not much of one for ribbon to tie off stuff. And cording isn’t so expensive that I can’t afford to replace it. Besides, I haven’t spent all too much with him yet. I did howevr fall in love with the poet pirate long shirt, and won one of those before my net crapped out last night for a few hours. πŸ™„ Here’s a link to it…
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150447325052&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT I wanted it…I mean REALLY WANTED it, and spent higher than I thought, but am still hoping it is well worth it in the end. I’d like to see how exactly to do cuffing like that. I really liked it mostly for the sleeves, and those will show most if I get the corset to go with it that I really want. I went from watching 25 things in ebay to 150 things. Scott is like, “WTH is the fascination of goth and renaissance all the sudden?” It’s more renaissance than goth for me to be honest. I want to merge them into my own style. I’ve always been a bit diverse in my clothing options. One day you may catch me in sweats and t-shirt, the next in gym shorts and a tank top. Or you may find me in anything from baggy to tight low rider jeans teamed with a tight formed shirt. Frankly, it’s whatever I like at atm. πŸ˜€ Weather it is lady-like dress or all out redneck complete with ball cap. πŸ˜•

Ok, I guess I have one question for you Jasmine (one that I can think of now anyway. lol), are they pretty sturdy and fit true to his size chart? 😳 I love his gowns too! That one is absolutely wonderful! πŸ˜€

Ok, questions answered. πŸ˜€ My coat got here today! It’s got silver thread wound into the white stripes in it, and is it heavy! I wasn;t expecting it to be so heavy! But it is well worth the money I spent on it!
        I gave in and bid last night on the blue and gold one I wanted…and…I WON!!! *dances* I think I am done for now…Think is the operative phrase though. U did however pick up 15ft each of dusty blue, light gold, black and off white velvet ribbon. I’ve always liked velvet ribbons, and think they would add a touch more class to the outfits. And I’ve always found the velvet ribbon my Gramma had was pretty sturdy stuff.
        Here is a link to my new corset I won: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150447390342&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT I drooled and lost at a couple before I thought I give up and bid 50.01. Someone else was bidding the last 45 seconds and I snuck in with 10 seconds and then confirmed my bid with 6 seconds left (And the frickin counter wasn’t ticking off like it normally does! πŸ™„ )…I was so scared I lost it! 😳 There is one more I am very interested in, and I will see what I can pull of there. My luck it will go out of my range entirely. I guess I really want these, because I am delving into my WE stash to do this. I’ve always been partial to Victorian styles. Remember when silk shirts were the IN thing? Ruffled about the neck and ruffled cuffs too? Yeah, well I had about a dozen of them, in all kinds of colors. 😳 *tries to think of where they could be…*

Jasmine
        Participant

They are nice and heavy fabric…the blue one I have is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Renaissance-Jacquard-Lizard-Bustier-Tailed-Corset-10-/150449362833?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_CSA_WC_Shirts_Tops&hash=item23077b1791#ht_12004wt_1139

The purple one I don’t see listed anymore…It has a collar, I’ll try and get pics, if I can find my chemise. πŸ˜€ I really like the one that you won!! I don’t have any that have sleeves yet. So tempting. I love Ren wear, love my corsets and skirts and dresses. I’ll dress up a pair of jeans with a corset over a sheer chemise…I did get this one for myself at Christmas, it was on sale at the time which was really nice:

http://www.vollers-corsets.com/corset/overbust-corset-V1808S/

Got it in the silver flower pattern too.

Maria
          Participant

Wow, there are some beautiful creations in there! And do those cookies ever look good…
            I still have the corset I got from Cat when she and Louis took me along to the Big Bar Ren Fest in ’07. At first I thought a corset was going to be a terrible thing to wear, but it’s actually super comfortable. And it looks great. So glad she agreed to sell it to me; I don’t have much opportunity to wear it but it’s one of my favorite dress pieces. πŸ˜€
            Do let us see your costume when you’ve got it, WSC!

I can see more than one costume in my future. LOL I guess when the weather cooperates around here (Heat and rain both) I can put on what I have so far and snap a couple pics. I will have to have Scott or Glen take the pics though I suppose. The back of the coat is very cool. It is pretty doggone comfy for a person who is used to normally baggy or hardly form fitting clothing. I can’t wait for it to get cool enough to wear it out. But, the corset…Now that is what I am really interested in. LOL I can take the sleeves off it, and wear it anytime. My chemises are on their way (I may wait for them to get here before I take pics), I got another ball yesterday, and something is at the PO that is registered mail (Guessing another ball, which will only leave one out there on it’s way.) and the velvet ribbon I won on ebay is on it’s way now, along with the corset and pirate shirt I got. It’s gonna be like Christmas around here for me over the next week or so. It’s been 6 weeks since I won the ball, but the last one will take another 2 weeks or so. Ebay keeps sending me notes about me not leaving feedback yet for some of the balls. It’s the 45 day thing I think…(For disputes maybe?)
            I don’t know, but I am getting a lot of flack from Scott over the whole corset thing. πŸ˜›

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

I will solidly vouch for Pen-Dragon, and Timeless Trends, they both are awesome and worth the price, GB has my Pen-Dragon bodice. Timeless Trends has an amazing return policy.

These guys can be expensive, but they do custom work and they have really good quality stuff: http://www.tower9.com/

Bob

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Ok…I am so new to this, that I have no idea what I am doing. But, I REALLY want a corset. I don’t want it to “hold me in” really, jsut for show. I want to be able to breath in the darn thing is what I mean. I have very narrow hips being almost 6 inches less than my bust measurement, my family handed down that wonderful barrel shape they all have, and my waist is the same size as my hips πŸ™„ . I do however think I want a boned one, not necessarily for training purposes tho. There is a guy on ebay who runs a store named mycloak or mycloaks, I don’t have the window open right now to it, so its one or the other. His name has Von in it somewhere too. I was wondering if anyone else had gotten a corset from him, or someone they knew had. I haven’t been to a fair before, but I am interested in going someday, and I jsut got a couple of chemises, from a lady who hand makes them. (It’s gonna be like getting them from Gramma… πŸ˜€ Sorta…) They are unbleached cotton, and I have a low bid in on a corset from the guy I was talking about…(wait, I’ll just go open the window and get the link to copy here to what I am bidding on.) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150445572265&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT There are other ones with full boning in them that he has that I want, but until I figure out the quality, I want to win something I like for less than $30, if I can.
                So all you Ren fair goers, do you have any advice for me? I want to use it for formal-ish wear and for Halloween. I am working towards, mellowed Goth vampire, witch type thing for Halloween. Hence my recent boot purchase. (I am still trying to get the hang of walking up stairs with 5.75 inch soles on my feet! πŸ™„ )
                Please? I’d appreciate any advice at all on the subject if you have it. πŸ™‚ Heck I am excited about the chemises because I can wear those anytime! πŸ˜†

I HATE you now!!
                I looked at the dresses he has listed here and I would LOVE to go to my next 1 million coronations dressed like this!!
                I LOVE most of the more elegant ones
                I will own one of them some day and have to see how the others react when I go walking in dressed like this
                Thanks for spending more of my money!!!

Dragon Master wrote:

Ok…I am so new to this, that I have no idea what I am doing. But, I REALLY want a corset. I don’t want it to “hold me in” really, jsut for show. I want to be able to breath in the darn thing is what I mean. I have very narrow hips being almost 6 inches less than my bust measurement, my family handed down that wonderful barrel shape they all have, and my waist is the same size as my hips πŸ™„ . I do however think I want a boned one, not necessarily for training purposes tho. There is a guy on ebay who runs a store named mycloak or mycloaks, I don’t have the window open right now to it, so its one or the other. His name has Von in it somewhere too. I was wondering if anyone else had gotten a corset from him, or someone they knew had. I haven’t been to a fair before, but I am interested in going someday, and I jsut got a couple of chemises, from a lady who hand makes them. (It’s gonna be like getting them from Gramma… πŸ˜€ Sorta…) They are unbleached cotton, and I have a low bid in on a corset from the guy I was talking about…(wait, I’ll just go open the window and get the link to copy here to what I am bidding on.) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150445572265&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT There are other ones with full boning in them that he has that I want, but until I figure out the quality, I want to win something I like for less than $30, if I can.
                So all you Ren fair goers, do you have any advice for me? I want to use it for formal-ish wear and for Halloween. I am working towards, mellowed Goth vampire, witch type thing for Halloween. Hence my recent boot purchase. (I am still trying to get the hang of walking up stairs with 5.75 inch soles on my feet! πŸ™„ )
                Please? I’d appreciate any advice at all on the subject if you have it. πŸ™‚ Heck I am excited about the chemises because I can wear those anytime! πŸ˜†

I HATE you now!!
                I looked at the dresses he has listed here and I would LOVE to go to my next 1 million coronations dressed like this!!
                I LOVE most of the more elegant ones
                I will own one of them some day and have to see how the others react when I go walking in dressed like this
                Thanks for spending more of my money!!!

HAHAHA! Ok…Yeah, I had a couple good experiences with Von Lancelot…And one really bad one. I love the coat, and I got a Tiger Velvet one like I wanted (Minus the buttons for the friggin’ sleeves…Which I AM GOING TO ADD MYSELF! Because I can, and I am that damn good. LOL) and of course the lovely red corset that I have wanted for over a year. I was sent the wrong red corset…It is the same material, looks the same in the front, but is so wrong in the back, I could cry. (Yes, actually I did sob for a good 15 minutes after I saw it was totally the wrong corset! πŸ˜₯ ) Then I got completely flippin’ mad. But I kept my anger in check, and went to toolhause and looked up his feedbacks…ALL of the negatives. Which lately are many! πŸ™„ I’m talking so lately, that it was after I won the blue and gold corset…(He had over 25 feedbacks come in just on the 15th of June alone! Not all negative, as I posted a short comment of the tiger one which I can fix easily for around $5 for the buttons I will need.) Big whoop! Beats the $20 (EXTRA) in shipping fees I’d have had to pay to get it fixed…*sigh* Not to mention the other $20 to send the red one back.
                So, I am gonna fix his little red wagon, and take his lovely work, and add to it to make it what I want…Only BETTER! Because I am not paying to send back that fooled corset only to have him perchance send me ANOTHER incorrect item. Seems by his feedback he is more apt to give me the runaround until time expires to send it back to him anyways. (3 days in the return policy…Yeah, like that isn’t a kick in the teeth when he won’t answer you back!)
                So, after 3 lovely transactions, I have a hell of a bad one this time around. I think I am done with buying from him. Too bad, as I spent all my WE money on corsets from him…Good for him, bad for me seems anyway. I was looking into 3 more corsets from him too. His loss, my gain I guess. He hasn’t responded yet, and I don’t think I trust him to make it “right”. The thing I am most disturbed by, is that he came online and left me a pos feedback for my feedback to him on the one corset, but didn’t reply to my message…I sent another. Still no reply, and I know it is midday there in China…Or wherever he is he had plenty of time to check those messages, and a copy goes to his ebay too. So, too bad…I have a few to eh hem…Do what I’d like to do with them…And, I will. *evil grin as she looks towards the ceiling and winks at her Seamstress Grandmother in a conspiring way*
                So to everyone whom, has bought from him since i bragged him up, or planned to…Be aware of what happened to me. Also, I think what chapped my ass the most was that I have NEVER been screwed by anyone on ebay in 8 years til now (And it’s not like my ass isn’t busy enough without having to deal with this $h1t!)…Over 125 items/auctions bought or won there…and now…*throws hands up* Guess I need to limit my seller to the 100% category instead the 98% and up… 😑

lamortefille
                Participant

What a jerk! So sorry that happened to you, WC. Rest assured what goes around, comes around and he’ll get his. 😑 You’re so lucky to have the talent to alter the corset and fix the button on the coat. I think you got all of my talent, b/c I don’t have any! πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

On a different note, eBay has finally decided to let us sort a person’s feedback right on their site! Wonder of wonders! Just go to their feedback profile (by clicking their feedback number) and click on what you would like to see. For instance, in their 1 month column, they have a 3 for negatives. Just click on the number 3 and it will show you their negatives. It’s about time!

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

lamortefille wrote:

On a different note, eBay has finally decided to let us sort a person’s feedback right on their site! Wonder of wonders! Just go to their feedback profile (by clicking their feedback number) and click on what you would like to see. For instance, in their 1 month column, they have a 3 for negatives. Just click on the number 3 and it will show you their negatives. It’s about time!

For real? I’m gonna have to check this out.

pegasi1978 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Yep…I figured that out at 2 am when my 15 yr old son came upstairs and was watching me, and said, “Mom, all you gotta do is click the numbers…”
                    Go figure a kid who is NEVER on ebay. πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Yep…I figured that out at 2 am when my 15 yr old son came upstairs and was watching me, and said, “Mom, all you gotta do is click the numbers…”
                      Go figure a kid who is NEVER on ebay. πŸ˜†

*sneaks out for a peek at ebay* That would be me boyohs as well… go figure… *snerk*

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.