fbpx

Regrets? 2 update Mister pics pg.3

Home Forums Miscellany Community Regrets? 2 update Mister pics pg.3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author

skigod377 wrote:

Awww you should never regret caring too much. You mak up for the morons who dont care at all. πŸ™‚

Touche!

Hoofer wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Awww you should never regret caring too much. You mak up for the morons who dont care at all. πŸ™‚

Touche!

Agreed.

You already know my thoughts on this. *hugs* I wish there was more we could do for Junior, but we both know that putting him down is better than months of repeated surgeries, pain and suffering and still ultimately having to make this hard decision.

At least you can console yourself with Mister, and that Junior’s empty shell will go to help the big cat shelter feed their charges, so his passing at least won’t be pointless.

I’ve got a great book that is like Watership Down with horses, and in it horses believe they travel the Green Road into Summer when they die. Summer is a place where the weather is always fair and there is lots of room to run and grass everywhere. I’ll see if I can get you a copy of the book. They also had a really cool ceremony for their lost herd member. The Lead mare would ask, “Who stands this horse’s friend?” And each herd member would answer and say something about the fallen. It was really sweet.

The book is called, “The Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West” by Mary Stanton

I should be home pretty early on Tues, so call me if you need to. You know I love you, and this will get better with time. Hang in there.

Kyrin

Stephanie
    Participant

I love that book, Kyrin. It’s so close to my heart.

My thoughts are with you, 2Huberts.

Edit: Another book that I love is “All Creatures Great and Small” by James Herriot. It’s about a country vet, and he is so caring and…elegant? about the cases that end with putting the animal down.

Stephanie wrote:

Edit: Another book that I love is “All Creatures Great and Small” by James Herriot. It’s about a country vet, and he is so caring and…elegant? about the cases that end with putting the animal down.

Have you read the second book, Piper at the Gate?

Kyrin

Laurie
      Participant

Bump for natalie, and my turkey died. πŸ˜‰ and I broke a nail…….oh yeah, it’s in the ouch thread and ……. πŸ’‘

Stephanie
        Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

Have you read the second book, Piper at the Gate?

Kyrin

I think so. Honestly, I read so fast that half the time I can’t even remember what I’ve read. Now you’ve got me wanting to re-read these, though! I should go to the library… πŸ˜€

Laurie
          Participant

Here’s my Pony….

Skigod377
            Participant

Wow, good lookin pony and beautiful land.

Laurie
              Participant

Thank you. That’s why it’s ashame I have to put him down. πŸ˜₯

Oh, pretty baby. He’s almost the same color as my Dancer.

Well along with Karli’s little attempt to poison herself last night, Bill’s father died this morning around 4am AZ time. These things come in threes…and I think that one was the last of them.

If I go by these events anyway. Junior, the turkey, PT, Romeodanny’s sis being temp lost, Karli’s attempt to poison herself, and Bill’s Dad passing away.

I hope those are all we get for awhile now.

Kyrin

Laurie
                Participant

Aww, you couldn’t get him there in time…. Tell him I’m sorry. πŸ™

Andrea
                  Participant

So sorry about your pony. Cancer is a horrible thing to witness. Make him as comfortable for as long as you can and let him go.
                    Never regret caring. Compassion is partly what makes us human. Taking animals into your hear also means making the hard decisions for their well being.

Question: He’s only 11, is his cancer related to him being grey?

Laurie
                    Participant

yes. no pigment. But he’s actually a very light dun.
                      The lump under his throat is the worst tho.

2Huberts wrote:

Aww, you couldn’t get him there in time…. Tell him I’m sorry. πŸ™

Will do. Yeah, he says he’s okay, was expecting it from the moment his stepmom told him his Dad’s cancer had come out of remission, and his liver was failing. We were told about 4 days ago he had maybe a week, then they changed their minds and said he would last for a few weeks, then what does HE do, he makes them wrong on both counts and leaves us in less than a week! That is just like him!

Damn father in laws! He really wasn’t my father in law, but Bill has been a part of my little family for over 8 years and his Dad was part of us, just cause we weren’t blood or marriage related didn’t matter.

His Dad is giving his body to science, then requested cremation, no funeral. So I guess that is that. Worst part was he was so out of it for the last week and a half that Bill never even got to talk to him to say goodbye, and now both his parents are gone.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.