fbpx

Ready to have kids?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ready to have kids?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

SilverArrow wrote:

Right Snap? *holding baseball bat threateningly* 😆

Ooooh is it playtime already?

Snapdragon wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

Right Snap? *holding baseball bat threateningly* 😆

Ooooh is it playtime already?

I see you already have one resident masochist… no need for another in that case!

DigitalDragon wrote:

For example, animals and such are more like children to me. I feel the nurturing aspect towards them, whereas for human children I honestly feel almost nothing at all.

Nambroth wrote:

Do I hate all kids? Not at all!
      Do I have a problem with people that have kids? Nope, none at all!
      Do I ever want my own? Not at all! 😉

What you guys said sums up how I feel very nicely! Four legged children are the only ones that I want. 🙂

Bob

well as I said you guys write chapters some times. It took me forever to get thru this post. I would not even watn kids if I was straight. This world is so screwed up that I would not feel right bringing a child into such a mess. I was also adopted and would rather adopt a child tha needs a homw then add one more life in the workd. Not because he or she would not be loved but because there are so many already here that need that same love.
        Sorry just my 2 cents
        I have always wondered who my parents really are and will never find them since all the needed paperwork is not on file with the state of CA

Dragon Master wrote:

well as I said you guys write chapters some times. It took me forever to get thru this post. I would not even watn kids if I was straight. This world is so screwed up that I would not feel right bringing a child into such a mess. I was also adopted and would rather adopt a child tha needs a homw then add one more life in the workd. Not because he or she would not be loved but because there are so many already here that need that same love.
        Sorry just my 2 cents
        I have always wondered who my parents really are and will never find them since all the needed paperwork is not on file with the state of CA

Sorry about the post lengths there. I seem, at least, to suffer from mass verbosity. 😳

You make a good point I forgot all about! I think I would prefer to adopt if I were to have a child at all. Now there’s a situation I would feel differently about: a child who’s otherwise not wanted, or worse, will simply be put to death (due to being the ‘wrong’ gender, or other reasons).

That’s part of my reasoning too; that there are plenty of lives already and it would seem more.. hmm, efficient? noooo! wrong word… practical and logical to relocate unwanted children to good homes. I think it’d be neat to have a kid who’s not from the same culture or nationality even, and then getting to teach them/learn about it as they grow up.

Skigod377
        Participant

DigitalDragon wrote:

And no Ski, haven’t seen the cereal aisle sketch… or then again, maybe I have. Refresh my memory?

It just talks about the worst isle to go down when you have kids and you go to the store. The kids want the “Fruity Frosted Pebbles” and are begging for it and bouncing around.. etc etc… The kids ends up on the floor (And Jeff Foxworthy is actually on the floor kicking in circles screaming how he wants this cereal) and he looks down and goes “Where are your parents??!” It was funny, and if you have ever seen kids in the cereal isle, you can relate!

As for adoption, I would love to adopt. I am actually going to do it when I get out of the military. I would like an older child since they are harder to place and I am not big on babies.

Ohh ok, now that you describe that skit, I think I remember it! He’s great. I was so mellow as a child though, so I still find it hard to relate anyway… heyyy, maybe I was drugged for my entire childhood?! 😯 That explains so much…

Yeah I agree with you there, wanting to adopt an older child for that reason. I would feel more willing to care for them and would enjoy it more, and would know I was giving an older child a chance they just might not get.

That’s the thing… for me to say “I hate children” would be a mistake. I actually have liked kids beyond the baby stage. I used to babysit a group of three kids (aged 4 through 10 I think) for four days a week, and they were really fun to teach stuff to. And they loved me! They were always interested in the things I had to say and always wanted to discuss things to learn more. I never talk down to children; it feels false and they don’t seem to appreciate it as much. Probably why I can tolerate being around older children and not feel out of my comfortable element.

Anonymous

DigitalDragon wrote:

I see you already have one resident masochist… no need for another in that case!

There’s room for two in the cage. At least we can entertain each other while the master is bored with us.

Snapdragon wrote:

DigitalDragon wrote:

There’s room for two in the cage. At least we can entertain each other while the master is bored with us.

Hey, no one said anything about a CAGE…!! Count me in! 😆

SPark
            Participant

*sneaks into the cage too. Stands there looking innocent.*

Skigod377
              Participant

DigitalDragon wrote:

Ohh ok, now that you describe that skit, I think I remember it! He’s great. I was so mellow as a child though, so I still find it hard to relate anyway… heyyy, maybe I was drugged for my entire childhood?! 😯 That explains so much…

Yeah I agree with you there, wanting to adopt an older child for that reason. I would feel more willing to care for them and would enjoy it more, and would know I was giving an older child a chance they just might not get.

That’s the thing… for me to say “I hate children” would be a mistake. I actually have liked kids beyond the baby stage. I used to babysit a group of three kids (aged 4 through 10 I think) for four days a week, and they were really fun to teach stuff to. And they loved me! They were always interested in the things I had to say and always wanted to discuss things to learn more. I never talk down to children; it feels false and they don’t seem to appreciate it as much. Probably why I can tolerate being around older children and not feel out of my comfortable element.

Babies are too much work (For me.) I am going to have another child of my own. Maybe two… but thats only because I plan on having the daddy there this time to help me out. Babies are no fun! 😆 Kids, however, are great. I love the things they say! They can be such a riot… and fun to mess with. I have always talked to justin like I would talk to anyone. I want him to have a big vocabulary. Maybe he will not curse as much when he gets older. 🙄

WolfenMachine
                Participant

ddvm wrote:

I love the goat part! And I agree – no kids for me – at least not the 2 foot sort. Goats would be great!

HAHAHAHA! That made me laugh out loud 🙂 Eh, I’m too young to have kids. I’m still one myself 😈 🙄
                  And like Ski said, I’m not fond of babies. But I think maybe once they’re 4, they’d be fun. You think if we feed them miracle grow……nahhh
                  What scares me is that so many of you are saying these things are TRUE!

Anonymous

SPark wrote:

I don’t know how well “cage” and “innocent” work in the same sentence.

Snapdragon wrote:

SPark wrote:

I don’t know how well “cage” and “innocent” work in the same sentence.

I’m just beginning to wonder how much room is in this thing…

Anonymous

*extends claws and shows teeth*

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.