fbpx

Ready to have kids?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ready to have kids?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • Author

skigod377 wrote:

DigitalDragon wrote:

My attitude? I’m sorry… I honestly don’t know where you’re coming from and need to figure out what’s gone awry. I’m not sure what it was that I said in my last post that was offensive, and would like to at least have the opportunity to apologise if I did something wrong… I really do feel bad about what I’ve already said, and now I am getting confused further… I feel terrible at this point.

Perhaps I took your last post wrong. There are people that dont want to have kids… they may not even like kids… and THAT is common. I have met plenty of them. What I understood from your post was that even if you had a kid, you would not like it, and THAT is rare. I have never met a person who believed that before. I am not saying it is wrong, nor do I think people who dont want kids should have kids so they can “change their minds.” I already feel like there are too many people out there having kids who have no buisness having them. I felt the Demon statement was just being patronizing and set a tone for the post that felt catty. I was also not making judgements about you. I think this may be the first conversation we have had… what a way to break the ice… πŸ˜•

No, you are right. I honestly thought you would see my demon comment the way I truthfully meant it, that I may very well be completely rare and some kind of awful person. I really don’t think I am totally rare, but I think the way my feelings on it are perceived might make it seem unusual… it’s too hard to convey exactly how I feel. I might very well change somewhat, but… yeah. I don’t know anymore.

I’m just not at all feeling well right now for what I’ve inadvertantly made people feel about me.

Skigod377
    Participant

Why are you so down on yourself? Its ok to not like kids. The only time I would think you are a bad person is if you hurt kids. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and certainly their own feelings. Its what makes us different.

I’m not sure… I guess because of the response I’ve gotten in the past for feeling the way I do. I guess I’ve encountered so much resistance to what I feel, that my response to it was to think everyone feels it ‘must be wrong’, you know? I don’t honestly strongly feel that I am terrible for it, I just mean to say I do give thought to the notion that I am wrong, rather than just spout my own opinions all the time.

Anyway, like I said, big mistake for me to post here like this since I don’t always say the right thing. Certainly didn’t want to ruin it for others with a big mess.

Edit: which I might clarify is what I am more really feeling I am terrible for right now, having upset people or hurt their feelings.

Skigod377
      Participant

I just felt like my words were being twisted.

skigod377 wrote:

I just felt like my words were being twisted.

I know you did now, and I’m very sorry you felt that way and totally understand. I think the ‘net just sucks for communication, as I’m sure we all know. I know a lot of people do twist words to attack though, and I assure you I was not, and would not. I don’t like the catty approach, and would not use it on people. I am a more direct person, or at least more inclined to say how their words make me feel, not try and insist on what they actually said with my opinions.

Skigod377
        Participant

DigitalDragon wrote:

I know you did now, and I’m very sorry you felt that way and totally understand. I think the ‘net just sucks for communication, as I’m sure we all know. I know a lot of people do twist words to attack though, and I assure you I was not, and would not. I don’t like the catty approach, and would not use it on people. I am a more direct person, or at least more inclined to say how their words make me feel, not try and insist on what they actually said with my opinions.

Sweet! Well… nice to meet you! I agree… its def hard to communicate sometimes through text πŸ™‚

Nice to meet you too. πŸ˜‰ Feels funny saying that seeing as how I already ‘met’ you without your knowing (commenting on your lovely PYO work first as Guest_Lurker, and just catching your posts when I would occasionally read the forum), but I suppose this is a more formal understanding of each other. πŸ˜‰

Skigod377
          Participant

DigitalDragon wrote:

Nice to meet you too. πŸ˜‰ Feels funny saying that seeing as how I already ‘met’ you without your knowing (commenting on your lovely PYO work first as Guest_Lurker, and just catching your posts when I would occasionally read the forum), but I suppose this is a more formal understanding of each other. πŸ˜‰

I know I got to greet you in the welcome topic, but we did not really converse. I think this is our first time conversing on a topic. I was quite glad to meet Guest_Lurker… first, because I thought that was a cool name, and second, cuz you always said nice things about my stuff. Thank you, again, by the way. πŸ˜€

As for the topic: (Yes… I was gonna put it back on topic… there is a first time for everything) I think the joke was funny. Quite true! Did you see the Jeff Foxworthy Blue Collar Comedy Tour? He talks about kids and the cereal isle… anyone seen it?

Laurie
            Participant

Wow where did this thread go?

Anonymous

Blender babies for all! πŸ˜†

Skigod377
                Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

There is something wrong with you… πŸ™„

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Snapdragon wrote:

I like your way of thinking. XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Snapdragon wrote:

I’m sure he meant this:

Right Snap? *holding baseball bat threateningly* πŸ˜†

Anonymous

skigod377 wrote:

Snapdragon wrote:

Yes, I’m 6’8 with size 15 feet. Ever try buying tall-fat clothes? Good luck!

Yeah, sorry about that guys, my bad. I’d let you give me the whip as punishment for careening out of control, but I might enjoy that too much. j/k !! *cackles as the TMI-beast strikes again!*

Gotta say that’s one thing I love about this place… unlike just about every other forum I’ve been to, you guys are completely tolerant (if not encouraging! naughty!) of posts going off-topic! I think it’s great fun.

And no Ski, haven’t seen the cereal aisle sketch… or then again, maybe I have. Refresh my memory?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.