fbpx

Random!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Random!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

So sometimes i’ll find an interesting topic or random things to cheer, debate, and sometimes hate, (rhyming…lol) so I made this thread for all my random (I swear I have a small form of ADD :D) . Feel free to chat, debate, or post any and all comments. ๐Ÿ™‚

Topic i’m mostly on right now and have decided to put in my time is a small Linkin Park fangirl session.

See, I love their music and the people who are in the band are actually pretty dorky (have you SEEN “The Making of Minutes to Midnight?” LOLZ!!) It’s somewhat off-kilter, you can bring them up as a topic to friends and acquaintances (at least mine anyway), and it’s a rock band. So I can fangirl and show pride (I stop at wristbands and logos NOT AT ALL like the creepy, stalkerish wierdos like some other people…those people scare me…) and all the other fan stuff without looking like a complete dork or one of those tight-jean emo kids (never understood that trend :scratch: ). So yeah, I’m a fan! ๐Ÿ˜› I actually got a chance to get free tickets to see their Griffith Park performance on sunday at the VMA’s, and sadly, it didn’t work out. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ I needed an ID and no one wanted to go with me (and so I had a ride… ๐Ÿ˜ณ ). And about the “Thousand Suns” debate, I liked that it was different. It’s like “Hey, we have all these random sounds in our studio computer… want to put it on a CD?”. And no, its not an actual ‘album’ its more of like a computer clean. The speech sound bites are a little off, I’ll admit, but if you like them, buy it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rachel
    Participant

I listened to the clips on Amazon just yesterday. I thought there might be a couple of songs that I liked, but without hearing them in their entirety, I’m not sure. I can say that I’m not a huge fan of the talking tracks. I can understand why some fans of their earlier stylings would be upset by this electronic disc. That being said, great music can and has been produced with few to no traditional instruments before. Whether or not this CD has any of that great music, I don’t know. But there is some potential for at least good music on it. I still prefer quality instrumentation over electronica, though.

Jasmine
      Participant

I really did like Minutes to Midnight but still not sure about the new album…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.