fbpx

Rainbow Scratching Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Rainbow Scratching Dragon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Prezaurian
    Participant

I have been wanting a Scratching Dragon for a long time. So I was absolutely thrilled to see him come out in Rainbow again (I missed the original release of the Scratching Dragon in rainbow)! So much so in fact that I misbehaved and took a bit of money out of my savings to get one. The rainbow color just really suits the whimsical nature of the Scratching Dragon (in my opinion anyways). Plus, I REALLY love the redo of the rainbow palette on this sculpt. It’s much more vivid and appealing than it was before (I had talked myself out of searching for the old Rainbow Scratcher sculpt because it wasn’t quite as pretty as the Rising Spectral Rainbow Dragon). This redo changed it completely for me.

My collecting style is a little different for Windstones. I really just have space for one of each sculpt…. So I set my heart on a color I REALLY like for each sculpt I’m interested in. So I have the slowest growing collection ever. I’m going to end up with a dragon family of a variety of colors instead of just one color set. That’s what I’m hoping for at least. With this Scratcher, I’ll have two rainbows. A baby and him. The Scratcher can be the baby’s big brother. A mother in emerald peacock…and a male dragon that is in need of repaint (I’m going to design him to make it look like the mother and him combined to make rainbow children 😀 ).

Again, thanks so much for redoing the Scratching Dragon in rainbow!

etruscan
      Participant

I was surprised at how pretty the Rainbow Scratcher looked this time around. Very tempting!

Mary
        Participant

That Rainbow scratcher is gorgeous! I’m trying to restrain myself but not much will-power.

WolfenMachine
          Participant

Really? You think he looks THAT much different? I compared the store photo to my first batch rainbow scratcher and…to me they look nearly identical. The only difference is that the first batch LP rainbows had purple gems in their head instead of the champagne colored ones and there is more of that red/violet color on his up raised claw.

Kim
            Blocked

Will there be lap dragons in rainbow too? The pictures really bring out the colours in the new rainbows and they look so pretty!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Prezaurian
              Participant

Really? You think he looks THAT much different? I compared the store photo to my first batch rainbow scratcher and…to me they look nearly identical. The only difference is that the first batch LP rainbows had purple gems in their head instead of the champagne colored ones and there is more of that red/violet color on his up raised claw.

To me, the first batch was mostly green and gold in color. And did not appear to have anything but gold on their bellies. I could be wrong, the photo I’m using is a bit on the small side.

The new ones seem to be more vivid (to me anyways, but that could be photo quality). They have a larger amount of red/violet on their legs. They also have red/violet on their throat/bellies and some additional color detailing on the large scales on the front of their forelegs and hindlegs. The old ones also seem to have reddish noses and this new one’s nose is gold instead. The new ones also have a larger amount of cyan on their bodies instead of green like the old ones.

But, I could be wrong. I can’t compare them side by side in person…I can only use the photos available. And photos vs. in person could be very different.

darjeb
                Participant

He certainly looks great but after 225 Windstones I am out of space for large ones and have to confine myself to the smaller ones so I have purchased all the Hatching 2’s, baby (am really wanting Melody to bring out an old green one and possibly a pink one).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.