fbpx

Rainbow Emperor

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Rainbow Emperor

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

emerald212 wrote:

SPark wrote:

See, I don’t know about you guys, but for me, using UPS is a HUGE pain. I know I probably should sometimes, but… I don’t have a car, I can’t get to the place myself, I have to talk the boyfriend into taking me there, whereas he’s going to the post office once a week anyhow, and it’s not exactly conveniently located for me. And it costs more. And when I ship USPS I get a free box, because I always ship priority, and they have those priority boxes that you can just go and use, whereas with UPS I end up buying a box, which adds three or four dollars onto the cost. (Why boxes are so expensive, I do not understand.)

Also, if you ship USPS priority, rather than parcel post, your stuff not only gets there faster, but it gets treated a lot nicer, and with the free box thing it actually costs less than parcel post, unless you’re sending something huge and heavy.

Ditto.

Yup Yup, I agree too. Though I really nave no complaints about either. It’s Fed Ex I can’t stand!

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

frozendragon
      Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

SPark wrote:

See, I don’t know about you guys, but for me, using UPS is a HUGE pain. I know I probably should sometimes, but… I don’t have a car, I can’t get to the place myself, I have to talk the boyfriend into taking me there, whereas he’s going to the post office once a week anyhow, and it’s not exactly conveniently located for me. And it costs more. And when I ship USPS I get a free box, because I always ship priority, and they have those priority boxes that you can just go and use, whereas with UPS I end up buying a box, which adds three or four dollars onto the cost. (Why boxes are so expensive, I do not understand.)

Also, if you ship USPS priority, rather than parcel post, your stuff not only gets there faster, but it gets treated a lot nicer, and with the free box thing it actually costs less than parcel post, unless you’re sending something huge and heavy.

Ditto.

Yup Yup, I agree too. Though I really nave no complaints about either. It’s Fed Ex I can’t stand!

hmm…..and I use fedex more than either one UPS is outrageous….and USPS loses or breaks stuff….

oh well

Maria
        Participant

How come you don’t like FedEx, drag0n? Aside from the fact that they’re a tad expensive, they seem to do great work. My aunt always forwards us stuff from the States through FedEx, and it’s fast and always arrives in perfect shape – be it Windstone dragons or something less breakable.

frozendragon
          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

How come you don’t like FedEx, drag0n? Aside from the fact that they’re a tad expensive, they seem to do great work. My aunt always forwards us stuff from the States through FedEx, and it’s fast and always arrives in perfect shape – be it Windstone dragons or something less breakable.

where I’m at fedex is cheaper….and UPS is more expensive….

depends on location I guess…..had two things break…one was a ceramic statue….and anther was a windstone…..

both times I got a check in about 10 days…replaced the items and was done…..very fast very easy

Maria
            Participant

Well, my aunt gets rebates on FedEx, so that’s a plus. And we’ve never had them break anything on the two-day trip from Texas to here.

WolfenMachine
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Well, my aunt gets rebates on FedEx, so that’s a plus. And we’ve never had them break anything on the two-day trip from Texas to here.

TWO DAYS? wow. Ha, it takes longer than that for stuff to get from California to Texas!

Maria
                Participant

Really? I thought within the States FedEx shipping was automatically overnight! Well, I guess I like ’em all the better for that. πŸ™‚

Ok, I would like to give DHL a shot…anyone gotten anything through them or know what their rates are like?
                  BTW Priority and insured doesn’t mean it’s coming in one peice through USPS, or if you live in a dinky town like I do and 15 miles is the closest place to send UPS (which it doesn’t matter I go there anyway to send UPS) I understand. But I will tell you how messed up Illinois USPS is…First I live in a mall town, but if you send something priority and they say guaranteed 2 to 3 days delivery and yet it takes 5 days to get there? EVERYTIME? I can go to another town 35 miles away (where I grew UP) and have been known to do so, and send out a MO by Priority and it gets there in 3 days or less, what in the hell is that about? Why does it take my postmaster 2 extra days and cost me $4.05 to send it, if I could have sent it standard mail and it would have been there in the same amount of time? πŸ™„
                  I understand if you’ve never had a problem with them, and you like USPS, I am not saying anything bad about any of you for what you like…I am just stating that I have a problem with them. πŸ‘Ώ
                  BTW Nirvana, my mind resides in the gutter often too… 😈

I don’t know what DHL’s rates are but my exeperience with them was good. In you missed my previous comment about this, here it is: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=173&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

TY Mimi! πŸ˜€
                  I guess I didn’t miss it, just perhaps dismissed it, or just cruised through it so fast…I dunno, all it takes is 8 hrs at work and I come home and find a bazillion posts to read!! I become crosseyed by the time I finish posting things and reading…then I just go to bed. LOL πŸ˜†

Fed Ex does not ship out all packages overnight, that is a special service that is very expensive. It cost me about $40 to overnight a small tee shirt. Fed Ex costs more and breaks more packages that the USPS from what I have found. They have warehouses dedicated to lost packages. I am still waiting for them to pay for the $300 gargoyle they broke 6 years ago!

I think DHL works with USPS in residential areas.

Lokie
                  Participant

To me it seems like people’s personal experiences with shippers decide if they like them or not, not really who has better practices when it comes to fragile boxes.

USPS, UPS, and FedEx all ring my bell once and before anyone answers the door, puts the packages in my covered porch. Usually, when I hear the bell ring, I head down to the door and can see through the glass window. All three of these companies have employees that DROP my packages onto the floor of the porch, even when marked fragile. In fact, a Windstone with yellow fragile tape around the whole box seemed to get the worst treatment by the FedEx employee. As well, some employees just shove the boxes inside and seem to handle them somewhat appropriately. Thankfully, I buy very few Windstones off the internet so I don’t have the horror stories some of you have. Since I assume my packages will be mishandled, I expect the seller to package in a way that it will survive transit no matter who the shipper is.

Because of this, I pick the shipper I see as most convient, with no real preference. However, I guess if one is easier to claim insurance from than another, I’d probably suggest that shipper whoever they might be.

Maria
                    Participant

Bella wrote:

I am still waiting for them to pay for the $300 gargoyle they broke 6 years ago!

Now that’s a horror story! I hope you get your money back for that. What kind of gargoyle was it?

Lokie wrote:

To me it seems like people’s personal experiences with shippers decide if they like them or not, not really who has better practices when it comes to fragile boxes.

USPS, UPS, and FedEx all ring my bell once and before anyone answers the door, puts the packages in my covered porch. Usually, when I hear the bell ring, I head down to the door and can see through the glass window. All three of these companies have employees that DROP my packages onto the floor of the porch, even when marked fragile. In fact, a Windstone with yellow fragile tape around the whole box seemed to get the worst treatment by the FedEx employee. As well, some employees just shove the boxes inside and seem to handle them somewhat appropriately. Thankfully, I buy very few Windstones off the internet so I don’t have the horror stories some of you have. Since I assume my packages will be mishandled, I expect the seller to package in a way that it will survive transit no matter who the shipper is.

Because of this, I pick the shipper I see as most convient, with no real preference. However, I guess if one is easier to claim insurance from than another, I’d probably suggest that shipper whoever they might be.

Eek!

My normal mailman is really nice and once i mentioned that it would be great if he could wait a minute or two to give me a chance to get to the door (cos it’s a long way from my computer room or my room to the front door LOL) he always rings at least twice and waits about five minutes ^_^

frozendragon
                      Participant

Hmmm…..that’s sad about some people’s experiences with fedex….I know here…they aren’t allowed to throw or drop any of the packages…

or they get fired…and the only 2 times I had a claim they paid right away…no problems….and discounts on shipping…

but like I said before…..different places different problems…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.