fbpx

Questions of Condition…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Questions of Condition…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Ok, I just got a white mother dragon on ebay that was supposed to be in MINT condition, but when I was dusting it off for display, I noticed she has some paint loss to the ridge of her tail, a scratch about 1/4 inches long and just a spot right below that. Other than that she is great! However I guess the scratch seems harsher than it is because it is a white dragon. There is no chip or anything. It is actually beautiful to look at, if you are not looking for faults.

That being said, is there such a thing as a MINT dragon? What do you guys consider, or settle for as actual MINT condition, for Windstones? I mean I used to collect comics and MINT is seen as more a theoretical state, because anyone can find fault in something.

I was just wondering because I emailed the seller back about the scratch, to see if we can work something out, and I’m thinking to myself, am I being too “anal”?

Another thing is that I’ve bought pieces directly from the factory, that has some ‘imperfections’ to them, but I tend to overlook them because they came right from the source. Also a dark scratch on white seems a lot worse than it is… 😥

I understand that if the ebay seller ran his auction as it having a small scratch, he would get a lot lower bids. Maybe he even overlooked it altogether, which is very possible. I guess I was just expecting it to be perfect… 😥

Oh, BTW what kind of paint can I use to patch it up? Like can I order their white paint directly from Windstone? I guess if I end up keeping it it would be my first attempt at repair… 😀

dragonmedley
    Participant

If it has a scratch, it’s NOT mint, it’s “in good condition”. I would email the seller. Yes, mint, in perfect condition is feasible. If it has flea bites, rubs or scratches, it is not in mint condition.

the closest color I found for the whites is the Folkart Metallic Champagne.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skigod377
      Participant

You can Email Karen or Susie for some paint. It is not mint but it is in great condition. I would ask for a small refund of you are unhappy. Mint is no chips, cracks, rubs, etc…(only with the little flaws that may come from the factory)

Purplecat
        Participant

“mint” means in the condition it was when it was new. If it says mint in the description, it should be like new.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

DROGO wrote:

O I mean I used to collect comics and MINT is seen as more a theoretical state, because anyone can find fault in something.

That is so true! I am always worried when people buy my pieces. Because they are hand done they always have minute flaws.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Brian
            Participant

purplecat wrote:

“mint” means in the condition it was when it was new. If it says mint in the description, it should be like new.

I think a mint dragon should not even have dust built up on it. If it cleans up nice and you like it then maybe do like ski said.

Sarah
              Participant

skigod377 wrote:

You can Email Karen or Susie for some paint. It is not mint but it is in great condition. I would ask for a small refund of you are unhappy. Mint is no chips, cracks, rubs, etc…(only with the little flaws that may come from the factory)

I emailed for paint recently and Susie said “I’m sorry, no touch up paint. We don’t really do that as a normal thing”

I was tempted to email back and offer to pay for it but I didn’t want to be a bother. 😳 Which reminds me… will probably post soon asking for advice on how to touch up a few pieces. 🙂

I would agree that a big scratch isn’t mint. It wouldn’t hurt to email the seller and ask anyway. If you include a picture it might help. They may have overlooked it.

Nope, not MINT, but as it’s been said, very good condition. Ive learned a lot from being here about proper terminology. For example, my peacock Male Koishii bought from me, I considered mint because he was not chipped, missing paint or scratched. But he was with me for a long time and apparently, unbeknownst to me since it happened over so many years, slowly, it had lost some of its gold to rubs, I guess. Thankfully, Koishii was not only inhformnative but took it so in stride and was not bitter. She bathed him and brightened him up to what would now be considered mint, most likely.

In the future (eBay), even with the pieces I know have only been out of their boxes for photo shoot and never displayed, I plan to say “like mint,” because,k as it’s already been said, “anyone can find fault with anything.”

Yeh, thanks for the advise guys! You guys are awesome! 😀

Yeh, I didn’t really want to seem too picky, or seem like I was trying to get the piece “cheaper” by holding feedback on them. I might leave it the way it is if I can’t get the exact paint from the factory, because I really cant see it on display. The line is on the ridge of the tail, and under the tail, so when on display, the shadow kinda cloaks it.

The funny thing is I don’t think the piece has ever been displayed before. There is no dust on it, so I think the damage happened when photographing it.

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one on here obsessed with condition. My wife was like “well whats wrong with it?’, like Im being too critical or something. She loves the dragons and I think it irks her fom me to point out their little ‘imperfections’.:D

Nice to know there are others just as insane 😈

vapordragon wrote:

purplecat wrote:

I think a mint dragon should not even have dust built up on it. If it cleans up nice and you like it then maybe do like ski said.

Wow! Hey VD if you ever want to sell any of your dragons you have a buyer here! 😀

My opinion: true collectors of this line are the ones that would notice any and everything because they are so well versed in the creations. The average person buying a “dragon statue” cause they like fantasy- nah, theyd likely not have noticed or cared. I support your concerns and whatever action you would choose to take. I went through a recent debaucle with a Flion on eBay that I was told had no flaws what so ever. When it came, it was missing paint in many very obvious places. I made a thread about it with detailed photos and asked for opinions. In the end, those photos went onto the seller who was elusive for a while and she admitted that though she saw the imperfections in my photos, she never saw them in person (maybe she had eye troubles- seriously). I asked for a partial refund (cause it went over $200) to bring it down to a price that the person who was buying it for me (family) would accept. Buyer agreed without much fuss and I was able to allow her a positive feedback and not injure her rating (which I hate doing).

In fact, Im being such a numbnuts about something non-windstone that I sold on eBay where the person didnt pay for weeks and never communicated with me AT all- even after a dispute was opened. I SHOULD have left her negative feedback but sadly, I was a coward and thought she would turn around and slam my 100% score in retaliation. So I left her no feedback and she left me none either even though she got her item. Guess Im ambivalent about the situation now and wonder how I might handle something like this in the future.

Good luck; were here for ya!

Brian
                Participant

DROGO wrote:

vapordragon wrote:

purplecat wrote:

Wow! Hey VD if you ever want to sell any of your dragons you have a buyer here! 😀

Sorry but my niece will get them one day. 🙂

Lokie
                  Participant

When someone is selling something on Ebay (and I’m the potential buyer) and describes the piece as “mint”, I expect that to mean that it is in the condition similar to when it left the factory. That said, I’ve gotten pieces from the factory that had slight rubs, missing gold detail, a paint fleck or two, and even one with a small scratch. A potential buyer might see these imperfections as flaws not worthy of “mint” status even though they came like this from the factory. So when I’m selling, I don’t use the word “mint” unless the piece is perfect and free of any imperfections, even factory ones.

Well the seller hasn’t responded yet.

I guess this is like my first ebay ‘dispute’ 😀 Need some advise. How much partial refund should I ask for? The total price ended up being $140. She made me add extra postage for double boxing. I really don’t want to send it back because it cost almost $20, in postage for packing and insurance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.