fbpx

Question on Retired pieces

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Question on Retired pieces

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Fritochick (Mary)
    Participant

Fritochick (Mary)
      Participant

Happy Thanksgiving–I was just wondering if there is a website like Ravenheart that can tell me which dragons are retired in a certain model and color??

Adaneth
        Participant

http://www.astralcastle.com/windstone/wsframe.htm

The Windstone Editions Encyclopedia often has issue year and year of retirement. They only include pieces that are available through dealers, however, not special eBay pieces or limited pieces only sold through the Windstone Store.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Fritochick (Mary)
          Participant

OK, so how does one find out how many colors a certain model was made in?? For example there are so many laps and poads, how does one keep up?

siberakh1
            Participant

Fritochick wrote:

OK, so how does one find out how many colors a certain model was made in?? For example there are so many laps and Poad™s, how does one keep up?

For that, you kind of have to just go between what is listed on the astral castle list, what production colors there were and are and “do the math”, so to speak, or ask people who have been collecting for a time. For Poads and other limited production pieces, it’s really just going from Ravenheart’s database, if an item is listed, but that really only is for ebay sales. :shrug: There are a lot of test paints and ooak/small batches.

Off the top of my head for the production dragon colors in the main dragon pieces, not counting special ebay colors and pieces (I know there have been other threads out there listing but here goes):

Old green – missing lap, old warrior, scratching, both spectrals. Fledgling were lp in one small batch only so far (may be more someday, but only as lp).
              Brown – missing sitting spectral. Lap, ow, fledgling, scratching, and rising spectral were lp only.
              Gold – Lap and fledgling were lp only.
              Rainbow – missing sitting spectral (I think). Lap, ow, scratching, and rising spectral were lp only.
              Ruby – missing sitting spectral.
              White – OW, both spectrals were LP only.

LP only colors (only available as limited production in the windstone store):
              Amethyst – only available in male, mother, hatchling, fledgling, young(?).
              Silver – only available in male, mother, lap, emperor, sitting spectral(?).
              Violet Flame – only in fledgling

Other Dragon Sculptures
              The Hatching Royalty have only come in peacock, emerald, white, silver(lp), rainbow(lp), brown (lp), amethyst kinglet (lp).
              Oriental dragons… SUN (peacock, emerald/jade, ruby), adult (peacock, emerald/jade, amethyst (lp), copper patina (lp)), young (peacock, emerald/jade, ruby, amethyst (lp), copper patina (lp)).

Coiled dragons (has the glass globe) – available in peacock, emerald/jade, white, black gold.
              Mother coiled (has the gold egg) – available in peacock, emerald/jade, white, black gold. LP in brown.

Curlies (all are lp due to cost of production) – russet (early muted version of red fire, violet flame (batches varied in color a bit), emerald, emerald peacock, white, gold, brown, old green, silver (lavendar eye), silver (light blue eye), amethyst, rainbow (one small batch.. might be more), lavendar, pastel pink, and pastel blue (either pastel pink, blue, or lavendar had different eye colors depending on which batch).

Note: The old green and brown were the first production colors, so some sculptures weren’t around yet before the colors were discontinued. A lot of extra brown paint was found about 2 or 3 years ago, sparking the painting of sculptures that were never available in brown before as lp pieces. Some of the early lps were signed. Windstone decided that too much stuff was being signed, so they stopped signing the lp stuff, so any lp stuff that was signed and has sold out will never be released again (only the brown scratching and the gold laps remain of the signed lps). Old green had very little paint left, so not so many pieces (specially mixed color and to reorder would mean getting A LOT of it, but a very small amount is left). Peacock was around the longest I believe and was the most popular, so it got around to most items.

I can edit if I think of more or someone corrects me. Just kind of throwing these out off the top of my head. :hi: Hope this helps a little.

Also…Windstone has their own list too. http://www.windstoneeditions.com/retiredpg2.htm. But that is just production pieces…I know Pegasi is better equipped for questions like this than I am. 😳 I used to be well equipped, but time hasn’t really permitted me to keep on the books like I used to. 🙁 😕

Fritochick (Mary)
              Participant

Thanks, you people REALLY know your dragons!!!!! The retired link helped loads. So I guess I just keep looking and watching.

Pegasi1978
                Participant

On the dragon family colors the three newest regular production colors were left out: Black Gold, Emerald Peacock and Red Fire.

siberakh1
                  Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

On the dragon family colors the three newest regular production colors were left out: Black Gold, Emerald Peacock and Red Fire.

I did that on purpose. I was listing what was missing from colors. Black gold, Red Fire, and Emerald Peacock were made available in all normal dragon sculpts, so nothing missing from the normal sculpts to list. 😉

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Ahh okay!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.