fbpx

Question from my local retailers

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Question from my local retailers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Skylover
    Participant

Skylover
      Participant

Hello!

I’m not sure who to ask about this…

Lately my two local retailers have told me that they do not seem to be getting updates or notices from Windstone about new pieces and feel like they’re in dark about what is going on. They tell me that they usually don’t learn about anything new unless they call and ask.

I don’t want to meddle in the relationships that Windstone has with its retailers, but is there a way to make sure that they’re getting the information they should? I’m just sensing a lot of frustration. I usually try to wait about 2-3 weeks when something new comes out before I ask for it.

Melody
        Keymaster

Skylover wrote:

Hello!

I’m not sure who to ask about this…

Lately my two local retailers have told me that they do not seem to be getting updates or notices from Windstone about new pieces and feel like they’re in dark about what is going on. They tell me that they usually don’t learn about anything new unless they call and ask.

I don’t want to meddle in the relationships that Windstone has with its retailers, but is there a way to make sure that they’re getting the information they should? I’m just sensing a lot of frustration. I usually try to wait about 2-3 weeks when something new comes out before I ask for it.Sounds like they aren’t reading their mail! We send out announcements when there is new stuff, but there is always something new coming out that they haven’t heard of yet. We don’t announce something till it is done, boxed and waiting to be shipped. Folks that keep up with this forum are going to know about stuff years before it is ready to be announced to the stores.
          We would love a better way to talk to our retailers. Maybe we should have an announcement area that is more for the retailers…? We tried a “retailers forum” but almost nobody used it.
          Tell the stores about the forum! We would love to have more retailers participating, though I realize it takes allot of time to sort though it at first.

I am a retailer and I would love to see an email every now and then. The advantage of these is that you could include pictures or links, without the cost of printing pictures. You could also include info on what is up-and-coming, as well as new products that are out and ready to ship. I keep up with the forum to keep on eye on all of the griffins (which I collect for the store), but I know how helpful email is for all of the companies that I do not have a chance to keep an eye on. Just an idea!

Oh, and I love the convenience of ordering online for the limited edition stuff… and I wish there was a way to order online for the store and then we could use paypal to pay with credit cards. I know that is a whole different level of difficulty, but maybe something to keep in mind for the future!

Melody
          Keymaster

gryphongames wrote:

I am a retailer and I would love to see an email every now and then. The advantage of these is that you could include pictures or links, without the cost of printing pictures. You could also include info on what is up-and-coming, as well as new products that are out and ready to ship. I keep up with the forum to keep on eye on all of the griffins (which I collect for the store), but I know how helpful email is for all of the companies that I do not have a chance to keep an eye on. Just an idea!

Oh, and I love the convenience of ordering online for the limited edition stuff… and I wish there was a way to order online for the store and then we could use paypal to pay with credit cards. I know that is a whole different level of difficulty, but maybe something to keep in mind for the future!
            I’ll suggest this.

Perhaps Windstone could set up a Retailer’s email subscription list. Sort of the reverse that some retailers do. You sign up with your email address and they periodically send you email notifying you of special events, closeouts, new items, etc.

Not all retailers are into spending time browsing the internet, but most at least have an email address.

Skylover
            Participant

Quote:

Yes, I think the email idea is exactly what they would like.

I have told them about the forum, but they tell me that with everything else that is going on in their business that they don’t have a lot of time to check out the forum. I can keep nudging though and see if they’ll come on and share their thoughts and ideas. They know their needs better than I do.

Melody
              Keymaster

Skylover wrote:

Quote:

Yes, I think the email idea is exactly what they would like.

I have told them about the forum, but they tell me that with everything else that is going on in their business that they don’t have a lot of time to check out the forum. I can keep nudging though and see if they’ll come on and share their thoughts and ideas. They know their needs better than I do.Tell them to tell us!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.