fbpx

Question for Store Users (posted 9/18/09)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Question for Store Users (posted 9/18/09)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

That would be nice, but the lack has not bothered me. The only thing I have found lacking is the pics not being there. ๐Ÿ™‚

siberakh1
      Participant

Jennifer wrote:

See if you can have it set to an option such as:
        “Sort by Color”
        “Sort by Style” (style being sculpture style.. e.g. lap dragon or mother dragon, etc)

skigod377 wrote:

That would be nice, but the lack has not bothered me. The only thing I have found lacking is the pics not being there. ๐Ÿ™‚

Both of these suggestions I second!

I like Jens idea… then you can choose what to sort by, based on what you’re looking for (like… I go to drool over the scratchers I’ll never own… lol)

Heather
        Participant

I tend to watch for anticipated items rather than seek to fill out all of the dragons in a given color, so the current setup works OK for me. I’m really glad for the “Just Added” feature. But I admit that in general, having a “splash page” for a given color that shows a grouping of all of the dragons in that color is certainly a useful advertising tool, and a means of showing how each sculpt displays that color scheme compared to the others in the group.

lamortefille
          Participant

I think it would be cool if the date the store was last updated was posted on the front page of the store.

I remember looking for retired pieces and finding them on websites, only to learn that the site hadn’t been updated in ages. ๐Ÿ˜ก I do not like to have to call a site that I haven’t dealt with before, just to see if an item I’m interested is still in stock. We all know the site is kept very up to date. I’m thinking this info would be good for less frequent or first time visitors.

Nightcrow
            Participant

Susie wrote:

Hi. A long time ago someone suggested that we set up the dragon section of the store so that they were grouped by color. How many of you would find that helpful? Would you like to be able to see them grouped by color as well as the style groupings we currently have?

Any other suggestions for improving our store to make it easier to use? I’m collecting data! :hi:

After thinking a bit, I think so. Mainly because I collect a retired color (White), so it would make it a lot easier to see when something was available… and the same for pieces in LP colors, like that BVP emperor I keep hoping for! ๐Ÿ™‚ I bet lots of people would like to be able to see everything available in Amethyst all on one page, too.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

pipsxlch
              Participant

As a color collector also (old green), I would also find a color page useful if LPs were to be released in my color. Since that is not to be, I can probably live myself with things as they are, but for other shoppers I think that having a ‘color’ option as well as ‘sculpt’ like has been suggested would be very useful. Many people like to see how the color looks on various sculpts before they buy; this would make it easier. It would be fewer clicks for the new hot color releases also maybe and make it quicker/less stressful for those hot on the chase.
                (guess I mean if I were looking to buy 1 sculpt in empea for instance, I could see all the sculpts in it together on the ‘color’ page and easily make my choice from that 1 page. Keeping a ‘sculpt’ page would mean if I were out to get a scratcher and wanted to see it in all the available choices first, once again it would be easily done from 1 page)

Mirrako
                Participant

It would be great to be able to search either color or sculpt, and have current pictures of all items. That would be a little more user friendly based on what each person is looking for, and how they collect. ๐Ÿ™‚

The click an item, then go back, then click the next item is cumbersome-anything that streamlines the site will be appreciated! (dragons, fledgies, back to dragons, OW’s, then back to dragons…) :nea:

I’d love to see a gallery specifically for the store items-production and LP. A group shot of each color and each sculpt would be really nice! It would be cool to be able to compare the items side by side to see which one was more appealing, and to see a whole family unit together. Example: all the Laps pictured on the same page together (not the same picture, though). Each pic can have the selling page linked to it, so you just mouse over the one you like, click it, and it takes you to it’s own page. Availability could be under each pic with it’s title. And, a family photo with individual pics and links below on the ‘color’ pages.

Hope I’m not being too picky… ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Bob

I know I’m late on this BUT I don’t think it makes a difference??
                    As collectors we should KNOW exactly what piece and color we are looking for right??

I admit getting an e-mail for a quick update “hey the piece you are looking for is in the store” BUT I’m not even sure how much that would help since I’m so BROKE right now. I admit to not being informed when some came out but that was only my fault for not staying updated on the soon to be new releases.

Sorry if it sounds like I’m lecturing now go ahead and throw your tomatoes now, I just think poor Susie has more then enough on her plate right now

both ways are okay i like only some colors so i would prefer to find tings by color

Leigha
                    Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

As collectors we should KNOW exactly what piece and color we are looking for right??

No.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Leigha wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

No.

Very seldomly so I know exactly what piece and color I am looking for when I browse the Windstone store because that’s what I’m doing … browsing.

Leigha
                        Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Leigha wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

No.

Very seldomly so I know exactly what piece and color I am looking for when I browse the Windstone store because that’s what I’m doing … browsing.

Exactly ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t know I want something until I see it and see the other options also available and decide “this one” is the one I like best out of all!

Bob

Leigha wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

No.
                            Ok Now I’m wondering why no??

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

Sometimes you just have to be in the the right mood…or have the right amount of money…or the piece/color has finally grown on you. Lots of reasons why someone might not know just what they are looking for.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.