fbpx

Question about time frame for repairs?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Question about time frame for repairs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I guess this would vary person to person but I am just curious for those of you who fix Windstones what a good time frame would be to expect a piece that is sent away to be fixed in? I sent away 6 pieces for minor repairs over 5 months ago and the last I heard over a month ago, only one had been fixed and the others hadn’t been looked at yet because of the holidays and being busy. I am a patient and understanding person but I was told in Oct. that the pieces would be looked and they would let me know how much the repairs would cost. Over 5 months later I have not heard anything about the costs or if the others were looked at or fixed. I kind of miss my pieces and am hoping to get them back soon. Does anyone have any advice on if this is a reasonable time to wait or if I should be asking for a date they would be done?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Sorry, that was not what I meant. I was concerned that those involved may get flack about posting a thread on a subject of a personal transaction. I worded that poorly.

The only repairs I have done have been on Spiggot and the dragon wall sconce I receive that arrive badly chipped and scuffed from poor shipping materials (newspaper, super tiny single box kinda thing) Spiggot was not so great of a job. I may figure to have drag)n redo him. The wall sconce came out perfect, but even for the little chips it did take considerable time between molding and drying the resin and matching paint. I did work on it between work and a very busy summer, and it took me around a month or so to really get it done, but it does take a lot of focus and patience to do. You can’t go back with resin and paint.

Spiggot was fixed with sulpy that I baked separately from the piece, hence the issues.

That is the only experience i have.

My apologies Kim.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

littleironhorse
      Participant

In my experience, having had a few pieces repaired, it varies a lot depending on the person’s workload (both regular “day job” and repairs/commission work). I’ve had a couple of pieces repaired by the same person, one took 1 month, and the other 6 months. And then there’s always the unpredictable things that can happen in everyone’s life.

Personally, I prefer to get the time/price estimate before sending the item. I usually do it by sending lots of hi-res pictures and detailed descriptions of the damage. And so far, I’ve never had someone tell me that they needed to revise their estimate once they received the piece.

If no timeline was agreed upon before you sent the item, you’re kind of in a grey area. Although I would certainly insist on getting a time/price quote as quickly as possible.

Kim
        Blocked

Well when I sent them in in the fall, I was told they should be done right away before Christmas but then they got busy with the holidays. Anyway I did hear back recently and looks like in the last month here they have been finished and there was just one that was still being worked on so they should be done and ready to go by the end of this month hopefully. It’s a relief when everything is finally done. I have a hard time waiting on unfinished projects. I even have a couple pyos sitting here that I have been wanting to do but just wasn’t sure what to paint on them so it kind of bugs me that they are waiting to be finished too. I guess we probably all have projects to eventually get done in some way or another though.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

littleironhorse
          Participant

Good news then! 🙂

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I just got a batch of repairs from Chloe about 2 weeks ago and they already packed up and ready to go home….

Roughly, depending on the repair work I usually have pieces between 2 weeks to 2 months. I had Margaret’s for over a year, but it that about 40 pieces in all and some were near destroyed.

I guess it all depends on the type of damage and the amount of free time the repair person has to work on them. *shrug*

In any case a time frame should be ironed out before the person completeing the repairs takes on the job in my opinion. If things take longer then usual, then keep the customer informed. It’s just common courtsey. Sometimes life happens and it can’t be helped, but I have found as long as you keep communication honest and constant people are always very understanding.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.