fbpx

Question about the Keeper's wing …

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Question about the Keeper's wing …

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Oooh, he’s awesome!!! Love~ ๐Ÿ˜€

siberakh1
    Participant

Oh, he’s pretty! Nice job! ๐Ÿ™‚

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

He’s very cool! Hope to see more PYOs from you in the near future ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Lokie
        Participant

Looks great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kujacker
          Participant

Hail Lord Megatron ๐Ÿ˜‰
            What brand of paint did you use for this guy? I like how it looks flat, but not at the same time (does that make sense?). I like the antiquing on him.

Illith
            Participant

Thanks everyone!

I used interference paints only, and I used a brand called “Golden”. The store I got them from only had three kinds of interference, lucky for me it was the ones I wanted: red, purple and silver. I also used some cheap brand of acrylic high gloss black I’ve had sitting around for a number of years to darken them for certain parts. Then I just sprayed it with a satin finish, and that’s pretty much it.
              Oh, it was a rescue figure, so it was already black and saved me a lot of time (and paint!) not having to do a dark base coat. I think that about covers it. Thanks again for all the kind messages! :bye:

….. maybe I’ll get another and do an Autobot dragon, even though they suck, aha haa! XD

Kujacker
              Participant

Illith-Anthonar wrote:

Thanks everyone!

I used interference paints only, and I used a brand called “Golden”. The store I got them from only had three kinds of interference, lucky for me it was the ones I wanted: red, purple and silver. I also used some cheap brand of acrylic high gloss black I’ve had sitting around for a number of years to darken them for certain parts. Then I just sprayed it with a satin finish, and that’s pretty much it.
                Oh, it was a rescue figure, so it was already black and saved me a lot of time (and paint!) not having to do a dark base coat. I think that about covers it. Thanks again for all the kind messages! :bye:

….. maybe I’ll get another and do an Autobot dragon, even though they suck, aha haa! XD

Hmmm it certainly doesn’t look like it’s interference. Interesting.

LadyFirebird
                Participant

He is gorgeous–good job! ๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Interference? Interesting… and cool! Hadn’t seen it actually mixed in the black before. I was wondering if you’d used some sort of powder! He’s a good looking take on Decepticons.

Illith
                    Participant

You know how sometimes, when you start a project you know right away if it will be awesome or crap? That’s this guy, only he turned out like crap.
                      This was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my friend since, like me, she likes Transformers as well. I attempted to make him sort of Optimus Prime themed, but it turned out more like … crappy crap.

His terrible wing flames

His smug smile mocks my failure.

I guess I should point out that I’m blue/green colorblind, so if the blue I used looks like crap, that’s why. At least now I know why Melody doesn’t use red as production pieces anymore. I can’t get it to layer right.

Rachel
                      Participant

Uh…I don’t think he’s ugly. I’m liking the red and the blue. I think you should take a second look. Really.

Kujacker
                        Participant

I like him *shrug* Especially his head.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Yea, he’s not bad at all. Give yourself more credit ๐Ÿ™‚

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonmedley
                            Participant

He didn’t turn out how you expected; that’s happened to probably everyone here… Put him away for a while and take him back out. You might find ways to change him, to either tweak him, or to change him completely.

So give yourself some credit and the little guy a chance!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

siberakh1
                              Participant

I’ve had dragons that I thought turned out ‘eh’, but like dragonmedley said, it’s because they didn’t turn out how I expected, but everyone else thought they looked great. I think he looks pretty good and I can see the Optimus Prime in him (I also watched Transformers last night too! *lol*). He’s not as bad as you may think. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.