fbpx

Question about cancelled PayPal payment

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Question about cancelled PayPal payment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience with cancelling a payment through PayPal? I sent a payment to someone for an item, only to realize (later the same day, thankfully) that I’d copied their email address incorrectly, so I cancelled the payment.

This happened on the 15th, and the money from the cancelled payment is still showing as “Pending” and having a “temporary hold” on it; my PayPal balance shows $0. This, despite the text at the bottom of the information when I click on that transaction that reads, [i]$[amount] was refunded on December 15, 2015 to PayPal balance.[/i]

Since the payment was cancelled, and they claim the refund has happened, why is PayPal holding my money in limbo? When is it going to be returned to me? It’s not an insignificant chunk of change, so I’m annoyed and upset that I’m not able to put it back in the checking account where it belongs!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Betrluk1
      Participant

I would contact Paypal. They have always given me great customer service. Maybe they can tell you what the hold up is.

Linda
        Participant

I also put in the wrong e-mail and had to wait 3 or 4 days to get the money back.

Kim
          Blocked

The wait could just be to confirm the money wasn’t used by someone else or that it was just a wrong email but I don’t think it should take too long. I know when I transfer money from paypal to my bank account, it takes 3-5 to deposit so maybe this is similar. I would call them and ask though.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
            Participant

The few times I have needed to cancel a payment it took them up to 3 days to refund it. Unless the payment was to the USPS then it takes up to 15 days to get my money back.

I would contact PayPal and ask them what is going on. I have only needed to call them once but their customer service was good.

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Nightcrow
              Participant

Thanks, everybody! It did eventually arrive in my PayPal balance, so I guess there’s a typical three-day or business-week hold… good to know, but I sure would have appreciated a warning to that effect somewhere during the process. 😀

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.