fbpx

Quest update!

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest update!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Aggie83
    Participant

Venting is good for you, feel free. You really do have a LOT going on. Take care.

MandBsMom
      Participant

Venting about this kind of stuff is okay by us! No one should feel obliged to sacrifice their health or the health of their family for some online fun. Take care of yourself and it sucks to hear about that about you. Extra work and care will be worth it when you look at that little face.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Venting is good, it helps keep is sain when don’t think we get any more crazy. I have two kids, 10 & 14, my husband and my parents to watch over. You’re going to have a third child, you’re brave!! I’d think I’d pull my hair out if I’d have another!

Prezaurian
        Participant

Ack! That all sounds WAY too exciting for me! You have my admiration in being able to handle it all. I still have no idea how Moms do it all!

Natasha
          Participant

Wow, you have a ton going on, Kiya! It’s so hard to have to take care of yourself on top of all the other responsibilities you have in life and an hour drive to the doctor is no fun. But I’m glad you seem to have it under control, even if it is stressful juggling all those plates at once!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

We should be okay – I developed gestational diabetes this pregnancy (ironic since I’ve gained almost no weight! hah!) I was doing okay with diet and exercise to control it, but things recently destabilized and I’m potentially looking to have to start taking insulin. Strangely – when you’ve eliminated almost all processed food from your diet and cut your carb intake to the bare minimum for health – it’s hard to find something else to change to keep things on an even keel! πŸ™‚

If I have to go on insulin, it involves twice weekly dr’s appointments – something I’m willing to do if the baby needs it, but it’s pretty rough since my dr is almost an hour away. Basically I’ll be spending 6/hrs a week dealing the dr stuff (tough to fit in with a full time job, two other children, and a half-time course load).

There’s no reason to think we both won’t be okay – we have a good medical team and all of the ultrasounds show the baby is very healthy and developing normally. It’s just a lot of additional worry and time trying to figure out how to make sure things stay on track. πŸ™‚

I have insurance and a flexible employer so it’s not the most horrible thing that could happen – and honestly if I HAD to fail a test this pregnancy, I’m glad it was the glucose one and not the three cancer screenings I’ve had (seriously – this has been a very exciting pregnancy for me!)

So, end of the day, everything should work out. Nothing to be unduly worried about – just lots and lots of balls to keep in the air! πŸ™‚

Also, sorry for the information dump, today was rough and I guess I needed to vent a little! LOL

Kiya, Hey how you doing? We haven’t heard from you in a while, just want to make sure you are ok! I didn’t have a diabetes with my pregnancy, but I did have low amniotic fluid and they had to induce my labor. I would it’s hard as hell to drive all that way just to see a doctor, but it’s for the best to make sure you both are healthy. I would have to say at least its only 6hrs, not a bed ridden kind of thing and you would probably go stir crazy. You should try juicing, you get all the vitamins and minerals you need, and they contain water content, I enjoyed juicing coming up with different combinations, I have a juice recipe book I can take pics for you and you can try them. Let me know if you would like that, well I’ve got to get going, house crap, you know?!(rolls)

phantomess
            Participant

You’re in my thoughts as well, Kiya- hope everything is going okay for you (as okay as can be in the situation, of course!). Don’t worry about the quests being delayed. We understand and want you to take care of yourself. πŸ™‚

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Kiya
              Participant

I’m okay, things seem to be stabilizing over the last week or so after a crazy few days so cautiously optimistic things are headed in a better direction. Baby is fine so far which is the important thing! πŸ™‚ Now, if work would just stop being 12 hours a day, I might get a routine back!

Thank you for the offer of juicing recipes, but right now I’m pretty much not allowed to have juice. Even with the pulp in, fruit juice breaks the fibers down too much and causes blood sugar spikes for me. The only fruit I can still eat at all is strawberries (I miss apples so much!) I know you can do vegetable juices too, but the ones that taste good have a similar issue and I would rather chew greens. πŸ™‚

I’m in the very strange boat right now of continuing to lose weight while 7 and a half months pregnant. I was fluffy to start with so it doesn’t hurt the baby at all, but I never thought pregnancy would be a weight-loss plan! πŸ™‚

Lauren
                Participant

Wow, most people definitely don’t have weight *loss* during their pregnancy. Not that I think anyone would envy the situation you’re in; it sounds super stressful. I am keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to stabilize for you and your kiddo. (Making a pregnant woman work 12 hour shifts!? Yikes, what are they thinking?)

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Holy smokes Kiya! What a whirl wind ride you’re having! Wish I lived closer to you to be able to lend a hand a little easier! As it is, should you need some extra help shoot me note and I’ll come… Hope your munchkins aren’t running you too ragged and I’m sure your sweetheart is a big help, seriously though, if things get really exciting around your place holler and I’ll come help. My schedule is way flexible and I know about roller coaster pregnancies πŸ˜‰

tdm πŸ™‚

tdm

Kiya
                    Participant

(Making a pregnant woman work 12 hour shifts!? Yikes, what are they thinking?)

They don’t make me precisely, I work at home and my hours flex based on the needs of my account on any given time period. Sometimes when we’re slow, I work 4-6 hour days. When we’re busy that can jump to 10-12 hours (or more). I just got unlucky that our business picked up right at the end of the pregnancy. We’ve had to bring on 4 new people to cover the extra work coming in and as a manager, part of my job is to help train and onboard them, then provide support until they reach a level of independence.

Flex time is great, being salary is great – I mean, until you hit crunch time anyway. πŸ™‚

Kiya
                      Participant

Holy smokes Kiya! What a whirl wind ride you’re having! Wish I lived closer to you to be able to lend a hand a little easier! As it is, should you need some extra help shoot me note and I’ll come… Hope your munchkins aren’t running you too ragged and I’m sure your sweetheart is a big help, seriously though, if things get really exciting around your place holler and I’ll come help. My schedule is way flexible and I know about roller coaster pregnancies πŸ˜‰

tdm πŸ™‚

Aw, that’s so sweet! πŸ™‚

Thankfully, my older kids are quite a bit older (11 and 7) so they’re at school all day and require much less “hands on” parenting even when they are home. We’ve set some expectations with them that this summer they need to take on more chores (it’s long over due anyway) and their 16-year-old half brother will be visiting for a month so we’ll have another set of hands. My mom is also close by so we have additional ‘adult’ back-up as needed.

Things will be fine ultimately, I just took on a few too many things with work and school to start with, and then with the added pregnancy complications I’m just running out of gas. πŸ™‚

Kiya
                        Participant

Okay, I am _finally_ in the last weeks of school and my time should start to free up soon! Yay!

I’d like to go forward with the quest, but there’s not time for all of it to happen pre-baby (some would happen post baby).

As I won’t be working/in school from July – September, I should be okay to run a quest, BUT, there would be a one week period of time while I’m actually having my baby where you guys would not be able to get responses to questions or emails confirming I received entries.

So what do you think? If I announce the week ahead of time, would a week of me being offline be alarming mid-quest? I’ll make sure the entry period has enough time afterwards for me to confirm entries/deal with any submission errors before we close.

Let me know! I could also wait until post baby to start, but that’s a whole ‘nother month!!! πŸ™‚

Natasha
                          Participant

Okay, I am _finally_ in the last weeks of school and my time should start to free up soon! Yay!

I’d like to go forward with the quest, but there’s not time for all of it to happen pre-baby (some would happen post baby).

As I won’t be working/in school from July – September, I should be okay to run a quest, BUT, there would be a one week period of time while I’m actually having my baby where you guys would not be able to get responses to questions or emails confirming I received entries.

So what do you think? If I announce the week ahead of time, would a week of me being offline be alarming mid-quest? I’ll make sure the entry period has enough time afterwards for me to confirm entries/deal with any submission errors before we close.

Let me know! I could also wait until post baby to start, but that’s a whole ‘nother month!!! πŸ™‚

I’d say start whenever it’s easiest for you! I don’t think it would be jarring to have to sit on questions for a week, but if it’d be better for you and your family to wait til you’ve given birth, that’s what’s important!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                            ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                            Mother: Okapi
                            Gothic - Mahogany
                            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

I agree – Kiya we’ll work with whatever you decide that’s best for you and your family. πŸ™‚

You need to think of you and the little one first. We’ll adapt. It’s just so nice of you to do these Quests. πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.