Quest update!

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest update!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

I think most people know I’m expecting baby #3 in July. There have been more complications this time (I’m older, it happens!) and while to date it’s not been anything SUPER serious, it is very distracting and I haven’t had a chance to get another quest out. πŸ™‚

My plan is to try to get something going in April, and then perhaps a short, late May/early June game of some type. After that, I will be taking a break while I am on maternity leave and starting things back up, likely in September, once I’m back at work/school/all normal activities.

For any newer folks, I’m not an actual Windstone employee, just a volunteer/friend so sometimes Quest-running and any forum work takes a back seat to my other responsibilities. πŸ™‚

Stay tuned! I’m really hoping to have a new Quest going before the middle of April! πŸ™‚

Natasha
      Participant

Congrats on your next baby! How exciting!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Landipan
        Participant

Congrats on baby #3, and don’t worry about us, we can be a patient!

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Aggie83
          Participant

Ditto the above posts. Best wishes on the new baby who obviously takes big time priority and may these last months go smoothly in bringing a healthy new little bundle to your family.

jmoore
            Participant

Ditto from me, too! Best wishes for a healthy Momma and healthy Baby.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Trifecta!
                Congrats Kiya! Take it easy while you can! πŸ™‚

An April Quest would be neat to try and do…

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
                Participant

Congratulations on #3! Hope things go great and smoothly for you, the baby and your family!

darjeb
                  Participant

Congratulation on your new baby I hope everything goes OK for both of you

Kiya
                    Participant

Update!

I am planning to start a quest some time on 4/15 if all goes well. Stay tuned!

Kiya, I hope you are doing alright, and the new baby too! :~

Kiya
                      Participant

Thanks! I meant to get something posted last week, but between some increases in my health issues as well as working a lot of 12-14 hour days, I just haven’t had a chance (I’m also in school…hahahah!)

I have everything planned out, just need life to cut me a little slack so I can post it for you guys. So sorry!

Aggie83
                        Participant

Hi, Kiya, I suspect I speak for many by saying that you owe no one an apology. Your first post said all that was necessary – you are a VOLUNTEER. You just keep taking care of yourself and your little munchkins – present and soon to arrive. We’ll just wait til after baby #3 arrives and you have all that free time to put together Quests – HA!!!!! πŸ˜‰

Stormbreeze
                          Participant

^^^ This. Why in the world would you be sorry? We all have you to thank for these wonderful quests, and it’s volunteer work too! πŸ™‚

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

I agree with Stormbreeze and Aggie83, don’t agologize, I was just wondering if you and the baby were alright. Just take care of yourself, you’re pregnant and you need to take it easy too!!

Kiya
                            Participant

We should be okay – I developed gestational diabetes this pregnancy (ironic since I’ve gained almost no weight! hah!) I was doing okay with diet and exercise to control it, but things recently destabilized and I’m potentially looking to have to start taking insulin. Strangely – when you’ve eliminated almost all processed food from your diet and cut your carb intake to the bare minimum for health – it’s hard to find something else to change to keep things on an even keel! πŸ™‚

If I have to go on insulin, it involves twice weekly dr’s appointments – something I’m willing to do if the baby needs it, but it’s pretty rough since my dr is almost an hour away. Basically I’ll be spending 6/hrs a week dealing the dr stuff (tough to fit in with a full time job, two other children, and a half-time course load).

There’s no reason to think we both won’t be okay – we have a good medical team and all of the ultrasounds show the baby is very healthy and developing normally. It’s just a lot of additional worry and time trying to figure out how to make sure things stay on track. πŸ™‚

I have insurance and a flexible employer so it’s not the most horrible thing that could happen – and honestly if I HAD to fail a test this pregnancy, I’m glad it was the glucose one and not the three cancer screenings I’ve had (seriously – this has been a very exciting pregnancy for me!)

So, end of the day, everything should work out. Nothing to be unduly worried about – just lots and lots of balls to keep in the air! πŸ™‚

Also, sorry for the information dump, today was rough and I guess I needed to vent a little! LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.