fbpx

Quest 17 – CLOSED

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 17 – CLOSED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

The stars have FINALLY aligned and we are running a costume contest for Windstones!!!

Dress your Windstone up! Glamorous? Funny? Or even SCARY?!?! All costumes are welcome, but use them to showcase your creativity and originality.

The overall composition of your entry will be considered by the judges as well, so a Windstone romping through autumn leaves or next to pumpkins may do better than one against a blank white background (though your costume will be the main consideration!!!)

You may dress up a PYO, but the PYO’s color scheme will not be considered as part of your entry – this is a costume contest not a painting contest. πŸ™‚

You may not make any permanent alterations to the sculpt. Costumes may consist of store-bought props (glasses, books, wands, etc), but must contain some hand-made or hand-altered pieces as well.

HOW TO ENTER:

Send your entries to ayonah @ windstoneeditions . com with the subject line “Quest 17 Entry”. Entries should not exceed 5 MB in size and MUST contain your forum user name in the body of the email.

WHEN TO ENTER:

From today at 8 pm PT through 10/31 at 11:59 pm PT, we will be accepting entries. After the entries are received, they will be submitted to a judging panel at Windstone. Up to 25 entries will be posted to the forum for the final voting period by registered forum members who meet the eligibility criteria.

NEW for this quest – We can now track who has voted and how they voted. This will NOT be shared publicly in any way, HOWEVER, before the winner is announced, we will be reviewing votes to confirm they are legitimate and fair. Any users discovered to be creating duplicate accounts for the purpose of “voting up” an entry will have their votes removed (both those cast by the original account AND the duplicate accounts). Additionally, any entrant found to be creating duplicate accounts for the purposes of influencing the results will have their entry disqualified. (This should not be confused with users soliciting friends and family to vote for them through social media – this applies to duplicate accounts only which are strictly prohibited by forum rules!)

WHO IS ELIGIBLE:

All registered forum members who have reached the age of majority in their country of origin are eligible to enter. We are again only allowing one entry per household. Minors may enter with written permission from their parent or guardian.

PRIZE:

One Grand Prize will be awarded to the winner with the highest voted costume during the voting period of the quest. The exact prize is TBD, but will be worth at least $150 USD and no more than $350 USD. I’ll do my best to post exact details before the end of the quest.

Official Rules can be found http://windstoneeditions.com/content/terms-and-conditions.

Good luck!!!

Amstaff
      Participant

Oh wow !! That sounds like SOOO much fun !! Hrrmmm…. I wonder if I can come up with something half decent? LOL!

Landipan
        Participant

Ooooh, I need to get my thinking cap on to figure out what to do, may even need to do a bit of shopping!

Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Ferlin1984
          Participant

Oh wow !! That sounds like SOOO much fun !! Hrrmmm…. I wonder if I can come up with something half decent? LOL!

It does sound like a lot of fun. Can you have more than one windstone in your picture? And is this a Halloween costume? Or anything?

Sirithiliel
            Participant

Ooh exciting! I know I suggested an idea like this, but i don’t know if it was my idea that sparked this Quest XD

I’ll have to start considering what to do!

Falcolf
              Participant

Oh, neat! I don’t know if I’ll enter but I’ll certainly enjoy seeing what everyone else comes up with! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kiya
                Participant

Ooh exciting! I know I suggested an idea like this, but i don’t know if it was my idea that sparked this Quest XD

This has been an idea we’ve been trying to fit in for about 2 years now, but I really wanted to do it in October! πŸ™‚

Kiya
                  Participant

It does sound like a lot of fun. Can you have more than one windstone in your picture? And is this a Halloween costume? Or anything?

I’m not sure what the difference is between a Halloween costume or other costumes. πŸ™‚ But, no restrictions – as long as it’s a costume that can be removed, you should be in good shape.

You can have more than one Windstone in the photo, but only one costume will be judged.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Hmmmmmmmm…
                      I Love dressing up for Halloween! So, what oh What to do? Ideas are startin’ to churn! πŸ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Ferlin1984
                      Participant

Hmmmmmmmm…
                        I Love dressing up for Halloween! So, what oh What to do? Ideas are startin’ to churn! πŸ˜€

Ok thanks.

etruscan
                        Participant

Well, DARN! I have been thinking about this possibility and considering costume ideas for a while, and then my daughter announced that she is getting married on November 1 and I am busy with that instead. Daughter’s wedding does take precedence over dressing-up Windstones, doesn’t it? :p

phantomess
                          Participant

Heh! What a perfect quest for October!

Not sure whether I’ll enter this or not… I do have a rather interesting idea for it, but I’m not particularly good at doing this kind of thing.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Amstaff
                            Participant

So, question- Can only one photo be submitted? Or can a person take multiple photos to show different angles of the windstone dressed up ? I dont want to confuse the judges by sending in too many pics, so Id like to know before hand which would be preferred πŸ˜‰

Thanks !!

Kiya
                              Participant

So, question- Can only one photo be submitted? Or can a person take multiple photos to show different angles of the windstone dressed up ? I dont want to confuse the judges by sending in too many pics, so Id like to know before hand which would be preferred πŸ˜‰

Thanks !!

Just one photo per entrant. πŸ™‚

If you wanted to show more angles, you might be able to get creative with mirrors or reflective surfaces. πŸ™‚

Skigod377
                                Participant

Sweet!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.