fbpx

Quest 10

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Ayonah
    Participant

Welcome to Quest 10!

We found some pictures of Windstones – but they’re only small sections of each sculpture! We need help figuring out which sculpture is which!

Every day from now until 3/8, a new thumbnail will be posted to the forum by my L’Eagle. In order to enter the quest, send your guesses as to which sculpture the close up comes from to my email address: Ayonah @ windstoneeditions . com.

Please do not send your guesses each day – wait and send them in a single message at the end of the quest.

At the end of the quest, hopefully we’ll know which sculpts these photos came from and we can post full size pictures!

Every correct guess will get one entry into a drawing on 3/10 for a prize – A lovely slate grulla hatching pegasus!

Good luck!

Kiya
      Participant

L’Eagle Foo –

Each day, a close up thumbnail of a photo taken of a Windstone Sculpture will be posted to the forum and Facebook page. The full photos from which the thumbnails were taken will not be posted until the end of the quest. Please do not post your guesses to the forum page. Anyone who posts their guesses to the forum will be disqualified.

The photos may be past or present production pieces. No sculpts which were exclusively limited production (such as moon dragons) or sculpts which were never produced in volume (like the mother meerkat) were used.

Guesses should be sent in one email after the final photo is posted. Please format your email as follows:

Subject Line – Quest 10 Photo Guesses

Email Body –

Forum Name:

Photo 1:
        Photo 2:
        Photo 3:
        Photo 4:
        Photo 5:
        Etc. (there are 15 photos)

You do not have to have a guess for all 15 photos, however, you are only allowed ONE email per user – additional emails will be discarded.

Failure to label your guess with the photo number you are guessing OR failure to include your forum name OR failure to correctly title the email (i.e. correct subject line), may also disqualify your entry.

All registered forum members who have reached the age of majority in their country of origin are eligible to participate.

The contest will run from 2/22/2013 – 3/8/2013. Guesses must be received by 11:59 pm PST on 3/9/2013. Every correct guess will earn a single entry into a random drawing for the quest prize (hatching pegasus painted by Melody Pena).

You must send your guess via email to Ayonah @ windstoneeditions . com (remove the spaces). Entries sent in via any other method will not be eligible.

Please send any question to Ayonah’s email OR send a PM to Kiya.

Clarifications will be posted to this thread as needed through the contest period.

Thank you and good luck!

Kiya
        Participant

Quest 10 Prize!

photo quest_10_prize_zps8beba5fe.jpg

etruscan
          Participant

Hi Kiya – Will the thumbnails be oriented properly, or could they be tipped, reversed, and so forth. Thanks!

Kiya
            Participant

Hi Kiya – Will the thumbnails be oriented properly, or could they be tipped, reversed, and so forth. Thanks!

Good question! They could be tipped, reversed, etc. They will, however, stay true in shape/size (i.e. we won’t make a gem bigger, or a scale smaller to throw you off).

Further, they’ll all be in black and white so color doesn’t give you a clue. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sirithiliel
              Participant

I have a question. Do we need to specify color as well, or just the sculpture?

**EDIT*

you answered my question too haha

Kim
                Blocked

I am confused. If they are in black and white are we just supposed to guess the figure style and not the colour?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kiya
                  Participant

I am confused. If they are in black and white are we just supposed to guess the figure style and not the colour?

Yes, just the sculpt.

Sirithiliel
                    Participant

Just a quick question…is there a chance of statues being repeated? for example, and i’m using this since you said it wasn’t going to be one of the pictures, let’s say a moon dragon was one picture. is there a chance another picture you use would be a different spot on the moon dragon?

Kiya
                      Participant

Just a quick question…is there a chance of statues being repeated? for example, and i’m using this since you said it wasn’t going to be one of the pictures, let’s say a moon dragon was one picture. is there a chance another picture you use would be a different spot on the moon dragon?

No, it will be different sculpts each time.

However, it could be multiple sculpts in the same family. So, there could be a mother and a baby of the same creature, for example.

pony-up
                        Participant

I think it would be neat if all the people who get all 15 correct got their names put in the hat for a separate, smaller prize. Assuming not a whole bunch of us get em all right, that is! lol

Kiya
                          Participant

I think it would be neat if all the people who get all 15 correct got their names put in the hat for a separate, smaller prize. Assuming not a whole bunch of us get em all right, that is! lol

๐Ÿ™‚ After I see how many people get them all right (if any), we might do that!

Pam took the photos and she’s had to ask me about a couple of them! I’ve tried to make some of them more obvious – here’s hoping! ๐Ÿ™‚

What do you guys think? Have you all been able to recognize at least one or two?

Sirithiliel
                            Participant

I think I’m doing rather well so far haha, I’m 95% positive on some, a bit less positive on others, and there’s only one that i have no flippin’ idea about =D

Pixie-dust
                              Participant

I agree with Pony up! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve figured out all but one. I am pretty sure but it really is one heck of a pic to try to decipher!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.