fbpx

PYO questions.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody PYO questions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Purplecat
      Participant

I think I remember seeing something a large PYO dragon a while back and I thought I’d ask since I’m working up the bravery to do a PYO. Are they available? Also thought I’d ask about a PYO flapcat as I’m itching to do one purple.(we need a begging smiley) (insert one here!) Last question, I promise. If you find a damaged windstone and would like to custom paint it after repairing it(say light blue male or fledgie) is that allowed, and I’d have to keep it, right? I really don’t want to step on any toes so I figured I’d ask. Thanks.

Maria
        Participant

I don’t mean to barge in, but I can answer the first two questions:
          The Keeper PYOs (big dragons with one claw up) are – unfortunately – not available yet. They probably had to be put on a back burner in favor of the griffins. But it shouldn’t be too long now. I’m itching to paint a couple too. πŸ˜€
          Melody said elsewhere she would like to do a flapcat, so that’s a “sometime.”

purplecat wrote:

If you find a damaged windstone and would like to custom paint it after repairing it(say light blue male or fledgie) is that allowed, and I’d have to keep it, right?

This question had come up in a previous thread, and this is what John said:

John wrote:

OK, I was able to talk this over with our copyright attorney and he came to the same conclusion as I did. It is not illegal to repaint them or, probably, to sell them if they are correctly represented. It is also not a misuse of our trademark (Windstone) to use our name to describe them as Windstone sculpture as long as it is clear that they are repainted by the artist and not repainted by Windstone. But, he also agreed that if this gets out of hand it will one day create a headache when we can no longer tell if they are repainted Windstone pieces or painted knockoff castings. Or when someone else down the road misrepresents them. So, again, it is something we would never encourage.

Purplecat
          Participant

Sorry to re-ask a question but I was curious. I actually looked for it but no avail. I however did find the thread about the correct paint to repair a damaged windstone so I’m not as much worried about it now (I couldn’t figure out how to match the paint on a black gold). I’m dying in anticipation for the griffins so YAY!!! Thanks for the help.

You’re welcome!

And don’t worry about re-asking questions. There’s been a lot of discussion since the forum started, so sometimes its hard to find things. But chances are someone will remember if something has been discussed before! πŸ™‚

Arlla
            Participant

Good heavens, I don’t know how anyone could possibly keep up with everything that’s said on the forum…well maybe Ski…and the search function doesn’t seem to be all that useful for me, though that could definitely be operator error. πŸ˜‰

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
              -J R R Tolkien

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Arlla wrote:

Good heavens, I don’t know how anyone could possibly keep up with everything that’s said on the forum…well maybe Ski…and the search function doesn’t seem to be all that useful for me, though that could definitely be operator error. πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜† I do (usually), but I kinda have to for the most part. πŸ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

Arlla wrote:

did they make it part of your job description? πŸ™‚

Jennifer
                Keymaster

gryphondreamer wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

Arlla wrote:

did they make it part of your job description? πŸ™‚

Nope! Just helping out. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Melody
                  Keymaster

purplecat wrote:

I think I remember seeing something a large PYO dragon a while back and I thought I’d ask since I’m working up the bravery to do a PYO. Are they available? Also thought I’d ask about a PYO flapcat as I’m itching to do one purple.(we need a begging smiley) (insert one here!) Last question, I promise. If you find a damaged windstone and would like to custom paint it after repairing it(say light blue male or fledgie) is that allowed, and I’d have to keep it, right? I really don’t want to step on any toes so I figured I’d ask. Thanks.

The large pyo dragon is cast in epoxy and ready to have molds made. Our mold maker is on vacation, so everything is at a halt!
                    I am going to let John answer the question about repaints, because I really don’t know the answer!

* points up at what John said before * πŸ™‚

Skigod377
                    Participant

Melody wrote:

The large pyo dragon is cast in epoxy and ready to have molds made. Our mold maker is on vacation, so everything is at a halt!

On VACATION??? What??! πŸ˜›

Maria
                      Participant

How dare they, huh? πŸ˜†

dragonmedley
                        Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Melody wrote:

On VACATION??? What??! πŸ˜›

My thought exactly. I mean, sheesh… you’re dealing with addicts here!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.