PYO dragon in progress!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYO dragon in progress!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Thanks a lot everyone! ^^ Greatly appreitiated!

Quote:

I’d almost think a wash of metallic silver over some of the unpainted areas (chest scales mainly) would look nice… not solid silver… just a wash over it to give it that metallic hint…

I was thinking of getting some blue and silver shiny paint and giving him some metallic touches, but I’m not sure where to get some, and I’m not sure how it will look with the watercolor. I think I’ll go looking for some this weekend though! Thanks!

Quote:

How about a little darker blueish purple as a suggestion for some areas but you will definitly need a lighter color for others. maybe a very light aqua color?

I don’t think I want to paint him purple, but I think I might give him some dark blue in places. And I think I want to paint his wing membranes light blue/aqua, yes! Thank you πŸ™‚

I’m taking suggestions for the colour of my Ki’Rin PYO. XD I can’t decide!

LyoMoonheart wrote:

OH! You’re actually using watercolours? Great πŸ˜€ I was thinking about using my watercolour paints for my newest additions πŸ˜€

Yes πŸ˜† The watercolor makes a really diffrent affect I think, thats not ocmpletly shown in the photos. The paint is absorbed into the statue reeeeeal fast, you kind of have to work speedily. Instead of leaving a thick creamy seal like the acrylic, the watercolor kind of turns powdery and rather dull. In some places where the statue is really smooth, the paint won’t want to stick at all, and you’ll have white patches. If you use too much water in some places, the statue will loose some of its detail, or become kinda smooshed. Its hard to get a really even coat all over, but if thats not your goal, then I think it looks really cool, and you can make some really nice shading with it. I can’t wait to see yours!

Saydee72 wrote:

LyoMoonheart wrote:

OH! You’re actually using watercolours? Great πŸ˜€ I was thinking about using my watercolour paints for my newest additions πŸ˜€

Yes πŸ˜† The watercolor makes a really diffrent affect I think, thats not ocmpletly shown in the photos. The paint is absorbed into the statue reeeeeal fast, you kind of have to work speedily. Instead of leaving a thick creamy seal like the acrylic, the watercolor kind of turns powdery and rather dull. In some places where the statue is really smooth, the paint won’t want to stick at all, and you’ll have white patches. If you use too much water in some places, the statue will loose some of its detail, or become kinda smooshed. Its hard to get a really even coat all over, but if thats not your goal, then I think it looks really cool, and you can make some really nice shading with it. I can’t wait to see yours!

not quite x_o I’ll try it to see what it looks like at first

SPark
    Participant

I want to try one with watercolor! I may wait though, given that the next few I want to make are for gifts for folks, and I don’t want to experiment with something that’s for somebody else.

Skigod377
      Participant

Any more progress on the Ice Prince?

skigod377 wrote:

Any more progress on the Ice Prince?

No πŸ™ I’ve been real busy with school, ARG! All I’ve done are the membranes on his wings.

Skigod377
        Participant

Well, I guess you gotta have your priorities. Just make sure to post pics when you’re done!!

he’s gorgeous πŸ™‚ I think you should do it πŸ™‚

Kujacker
          Participant

Oo. An Arctic theme! He looks good! πŸ˜€ Like how he looks powdery. Real nice!

Maria
            Participant

I like the effect of the watercolors. You can do a lot with that. Hm…

Starbreeze
              Participant

Beautiful!!! So cool and icy looking!!! I love him!! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                Participant

This looks awesome!! I like the green griffin you did a while back, but I think this one is better. Well done!!

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

He looks awsome!. Now you are making me want to grab my paints and finish off my wolf I started a while back.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.