fbpx

PYO dragon in progress!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYO dragon in progress!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

The dragons a lot more complicated to paint then the griffin! There are so many little places to get the paint into. Anyway, here’s some pics:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/saydee72/pyodragonside.jpg?t=1163903574

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/saydee72/pyodragonfront.jpg?t=1163903639

He’s going to be an artic dragon, with a blue and whitish color scheme, but I’m not sure what i want to do with all the unpainted parts right now. Any suggestions?
    He’s painted in watercolor, like my griff, which is working better than I thought it would. I painted him in shades of blue and teal, then went over it with white, and gave him kind of a white antique. I think it looks kinda cool. Anyway.

frozendragon
    Participant

that looks really cool so far

That looks really nice! I like the blue and white color scheme.

Maria
      Participant

I like his iciness. Is it just me or is blue really the preferred hue for these PYO dragons?

frozendragon
        Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I like his iciness. Is it just me or is blue really the preferred hue for these PYO dragons?

seems like it….mine was black…but had blues and purples

frozendragon wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

seems like it….mine was black…but had blues and purples

lol well I’m going to do either the sterotypical green or red πŸ˜›

Well so far all the dragons have been blue eyed, right? When they come out with diffrent colored eyes, I think there will be less blue colors schemes.

That’s true — Nambroth’s PYO dragon was green eyed, and her brown color scheme looked really good with green eyes.

frozendragon
          Participant

mimitrek wrote:

That’s true — Nambroth’s PYO dragon was green eyed, and her brown color scheme looked really good with green eyes.

yeah I’m ready for different eye colors…..but not ready to buy them….hehe

Skigod377
            Participant

Very nice! You are really good with those watercolors!!

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

Oooo I had forgotten you were using water colors! Very nice! Can’t wait till he/she’s done!

ladybrooklyn
                Participant

Oh wow that’s water color??? cool! I like the effect!

I’d almost think a wash of metallic silver over some of the unpainted areas (chest scales mainly) would look nice… not solid silver… just a wash over it to give it that metallic hint…

My PYO Dragon should be here tonight! He’s gonna be green… but not JUST green… oh no I went to town with interference paints on Friday!!! I can’t wait to use them! Oh they are SOOO cool!!!

I can’t wait to see more pics of your dragon finished! πŸ˜€

ooooh how about BLACK horns on his head? πŸ˜€

BDW
                  Participant

Hi!
                    Beautiful start and in water colors no less! How about a little darker blueish purple as a suggestion for some areas but you will definitly need a lighter color for others. maybe a very light aqua color? πŸ˜† You do want to keep it cold and icy! :mrgreen:
                    Good luck and keep it up!

OH! You’re actually using watercolours? Great πŸ˜€ I was thinking about using my watercolour paints for my newest additions πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.