fbpx

pyo baby step suggestion?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone pyo baby step suggestion?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

hi, i am really considering doing a pyo myself, but i have no experience with it. can anyone recommend something small and inexpensive to get me used to painting these things?

(i have read through some of the posts here and i do realize you get what you pay for, but i am just trying to get used to the techniques of painting models)

thank you for any help given.

Skigod377
    Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

hi, i am really considering doing a pyo myself, but i have no experience with it. can anyone recommend something small and inexpensive to get me used to painting these things?

(i have read through some of the posts here and i do realize you get what you pay for, but i am just trying to get used to the techniques of painting models)

thank you for any help given. If you go to Ebay and search for bisque unpainted, lots of things will pop up. They are not too pretty… but they are good for practice, and cheap 😀

You can try and contact drag0n to see if she has something still. And like Ski said you can try searching ebay.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I have tons of bisque, but not any dragons left. Dragoness & DragonsCavern cleaned me out =) If you want to pay the shipping you can have whatever you want for free.

I know I have some wolves & unicorns of some sort. I’ll go check at the factory and let you know.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lokie
        Participant

If you just want to run down and grab something quickly, you can also try your local craft store; they usually have plenty of unpainted ceramic or plaster pieces for relatively cheap. However, finding a sculpt you like there might be difficult.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

yea, I have hydracal too which is very similar to painting a PYO but they are VERY HEAVY and cost alot to ship. They have plaster projects at Michaels and stuff like that that might end up being more cost effective for you.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

walmart has some decent ceramic animals for .44 each

dragonmedley
            Participant

You can check out the dollar stores too. I’m always surprised at what one can find there!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

everyone,

thanks for your suggestions. this weekend i will make a trip out to walmart/micheals/dollar stores and see what i can find.

i appreciate the help. i am crafty, not artistic. 😐

Lori
              Participant

grumble … i went to 3 local craft stores and NONE of them have the plaster figures anymore

wal-mart it is i knew we have the lil guys there
                apparently painting plaster is only hip for xmas now used to be the stuff was everywhere :S

Whistful wrote:

grumble … i went to 3 local craft stores and NONE of them have the plaster figures anymore

wal-mart it is i knew we have the lil guys there
                apparently painting plaster is only hip for xmas now used to be the stuff was everywhere :S

I have the same problem. Only Walmart has anything worth getting. Depending on the Walmart they may carry larger $6 figures.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.