fbpx

Purple Wolf Griffin Family – SOLD

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Purple Wolf Griffin Family – SOLD

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

DragonsCavern wrote:

Pegasi – Yea, I found that out later LOL. But they are gorgeous pieces! And wow has the “Fortitude” one shot up in price since I bought mine! 😯

I liked the idea of the Fortitude statue until I noticed they made the woman into a fairy.

pegasi1978 wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

Pegasi – Yea, I found that out later LOL. But they are gorgeous pieces! And wow has the “Fortitude” one shot up in price since I bought mine! 😯

I liked the idea of the Fortitude statue until I noticed they made the woman into a fairy.

Yea, I am not “big” on faieries either πŸ™„ , but I just loved the horse and the snowleopard. So I had to get it hehe. πŸ˜†

Just a reminder…..bids/offers will be accepted until Midnight tonight (Pacific Time). And then I will contact the winners to be. πŸ˜€ Any non-offered items I am going to list on Ebay.

Thank you everyone for ALL your support! **BIG HUGS** πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
      Participant

DragonsCavern wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

Yea, I am not “big” on faieries either πŸ™„ , but I just loved the horse and the snowleopard. So I had to get it hehe. πŸ˜†

I don’t mind fairies, I actually like them. I just didn’t like that they changed it so drastically from the original painting. I think the statue would have looked much better without the wings.

pegasi1978 wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

I don’t mind fairies, I actually like them. I just didn’t like that they changed it so drastically from the original painting. I think the statue would have looked much better without the wings.

I totally agree with you. I was actually thinking that when I bought it. And when I got it home I actually inspected it to see if I could get the wings off without ruining the statue. πŸ˜†
        BUT I decided against it. πŸ˜€

Setsunawolf
        Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

I only wish I’d bought the first Fortitude print when it was out. (I didn’t like it so I didn’t buy it πŸ™„ ) She canned the run becuase it wasn’t selling and redid the print to include the dragon. That 1st run is worth quite a lot now.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Pegasi1978
          Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

I only wish I’d bought the first Fortitude print when it was out. (I didn’t like it so I didn’t buy it πŸ™„ ) She canned the run becuase it wasn’t selling and redid the print to include the dragon. That 1st run is worth quite a lot now.

The Fortitude print didn’t get changed to include a dragon. Omen is the one that changed. Originally it had a Lion. Then she changed to a dragon. I can’t remember if it was called Omen originally or not though.I don’t have the file on my computer and don’t feel like digging out the CD it is burned on. Also at one point Fortitude was called Bradamante.

Setsunawolf
            Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

setsunawolf wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

DragonsCavern wrote:

The Fortitude print didn’t get changed to include a dragon. Omen is the one that changed. Originally it had a Lion. Then she changed to a dragon. I can’t remember if it was called Omen originally or not though.I don’t have the file on my computer and don’t feel like digging out the CD it is burned on. Also at one point Fortitude was called Bradamante.

Omen I think is a rename of the Fortitude print…or maybe the print’s original name was Strength. But I know Omen wasn’t the original name for it. I have all three except for the one with the lion. πŸ™„

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Pegasi1978
              Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

Omen I think is a rename of the Fortitude print…or maybe the print’s original name was Strength. But I know Omen wasn’t the original name for it. I have all three except for the one with the lion. πŸ™„

Strength was the original name for Omen when it was the girl in a red dress standing next to a lion. Bradamante and Fortitude are the exact same print.

Sorry for all the Nene talk DragonsCavern, but at least it keeps bumping your thread up higher. πŸ˜†

pegasi1978 wrote:

setsunawolf wrote:

Strength was the original name for Omen when it was the girl in a red dress standing next to a lion. Bradamante and Fortitude are the exact same print.

Sorry for all the Nene talk DragonsCavern, but at least it keeps bumping your thread up higher. πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† Its OK with me, PLUS I am learning more about Nene! πŸ˜‰ . Ok, now I am confused tho πŸ˜† , the fortitude statue I have she is with a snow leopard. So did she go from a lion to a dragon and then a snow leopard? 😯

I wish I could have seen these original prints! πŸ˜• πŸ™„

By they way….just for the people that have winning bids on some of my items. I am packaging them up right now for shipment so I can get accurate shipping costs for you all. If you (and you all know “who” you are πŸ˜† ) can send me your mailing info so I can get that for you for your totals that would be greatly appreciated, this way there wont be any hesitation to your shipments. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

And Thank You ALL again for your help and support! πŸ˜€

Oh, the second young unicorn was just sold on Ebay…and the Peacock Wizard, WaterGazers Scratcher, the baby unicorn, and both Peacock Father Dragons are up on Ebay now. The rest here that have bids/offers are still “OPEN” until Midnight tonight Pacific Time. Congrats to the winners! πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
                Participant

DragonsCavern wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

setsunawolf wrote:

πŸ˜† Its OK with me, PLUS I am learning more about Nene! πŸ˜‰ . Ok, now I am confused tho πŸ˜† , the fortitude statue I have she is with a snow leopard. So did she go from a lion to a dragon and then a snow leopard? 😯

I wish I could have seen these original prints! πŸ˜• πŸ™„
                  Nope, Fortitude always had the snow leopard. Strength (with a lion) was reworked into Omen (with a Dragon). Nene used to have a lot of her older works up on her Web site, but she took them down. I have a lot of it saved on a CD. I just checked ebay and there’s an auction for Strength, so you can see it (even if it’s tiny).

OHhhhhhhhhhh NOW I get it! 😳 πŸ˜†
                  Thanks for the link! I am going to check it out. πŸ˜€

😯 😯 OMG I LOVE The one with the dragon!! πŸ˜€
                  I like the lion too, but I LOVE dragons πŸ˜† !
                  Wow they want ALOT for that print **choke** :mrgreen:, I couldnt afford that…wow.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Part of why that print is so expensive is it has been retired for several years and there were only 1500 to begin with.

The only reason I know so much about Nene Thomas’ works is I have been following her career since I met her at Dragon*Con 10 years ago. 😯 I can’t believe it’s been that long. If you want you can order a mini lithograph of Omen from Nene’s Web site: http://www.nenethomas.com/SmOmen.shtml

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.