fbpx

PT's Art -WIPs – June 29 (pg. 11)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion PT's Art -WIPs – June 29 (pg. 11)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

OMG, wow… PT, you really ought to consider selling your stuff. 🙂

I have considered it, but these fellows are very delacate break very easily. I still need to figure a way to make them a little more robust so they can at least survive the trip to their new owner. I also want to figure a way to sort of ‘mass produce’ them to – especially the fairy dragons. I like to be at a point where I can produce a batch at a time, with relative ease and little time. Then I’ll feel confident in selling them.
      I’m still rather a novice when it come to sculpting, but I find myself learning new things everytime I finish a new critter 😉

ForestDragon
      Participant

Despite your misgivings, your attention to detail (like the muscle detail) is lovely and worthy of praise.

Do you use wire armature? That may help. I have had problems with the fragile nature of some of the polymer clays as well (enough that I haven’t used them in a while). You also might consider mixing a sturdier polymer with what you are currently using. Polyform (makers of Sculpy and Premo) has a list on their website of the different products they make and the durability and moldability of each. It might be helpful to check it out (then again maybe not).

Good luck!

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

Thank you! Yes, I do wire armature and I also bulk out with aluminum foil. What was happening in the beginning is that sometimes the clay over the armatures was to thin – when it flexed it would break. Also, when I was more of a novice, I didn’t always bake the clay as long as I should have. I’m getting closer to a technique to make my sculpts more resilient. I also use a little apoxie sculpt ( for claws and horns) after the item is baked. I have even used it to repair some of the damaged polymer sculpts I have. I’ll will look into the Polyform as an option to. Thanks!

ForestDragon wrote:

Despite your misgivings, your attention to detail (like the muscle detail) is lovely and worthy of praise.

Do you use wire armature? That may help. I have had problems with the fragile nature of some of the polymer clays as well (enough that I haven’t used them in a while). You also might consider mixing a sturdier polymer with what you are currently using. Polyform (makers of Sculpy and Premo) has a list on their website of the different products they make and the durability and moldability of each. It might be helpful to check it out (then again maybe not).

Good luck!

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

Here is my sea dragon. He still needs a few bits of touching-up and I intend to make a base for him. I’m a little annoyed at the way he came out. I wanted his tail to lay completely flat, but it didn’t. I also accidentally broke one of his fins, but I managed to fix that.

lamortefille
            Participant

I never looked through this whole thread before. Your sculpting and painting are just as wonderful as your feather fans!

Edited for spelling. 😳

bayoudragon
              Participant

OMG… I loves him!!

dragonmedley
                Participant

He’s wicked! I love him!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
                  Participant

He looks fantastic to me! I like that color scheme and those glowering yellow eyes! 😀

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

Oh WOW! I am absolutely impressed. I really love how you did the body, sea dragons are a hard one for me and I just love how this one is almost like a dragon version of a hippocampus. The skin tezture and scales are just awesome too! and that hand painted blending and choice colors.

Complete WIN from me.

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

Thanks so much for the compliments! Super Sculpy is quickly becoming one of my favorite media to date 😉 .

wow…. it is beautiful!!! i love the texture and colors. very good work!! you are definitely inspiring me to finish my next one.. although it is nothing compared to this beauty.

Maria
                        Participant

These are so good!

Katherine
                          Participant

lamortefille wrote:

I never looked through this whole thread before. You’re sculpting and painting are just as wonderful as your feather fans!

Seconded! This is the forst time I have looked through this entire thread too!! Stunning-absolutely STUNNING!!!!

purpleturtle wrote:

Here is my sea dragon. He still needs a few bits of touching-up and I intend to make a base for him. I’m a little annoyed at the way he came out. I wanted his tail to lay completely flat, but it didn’t. I also accidentally broke one of his fins, but I managed to fix that.

He`s sooo cool! I like him! :yes:

are you planning on selling any of your sculpts?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 177 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.