fbpx

Production

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Production

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

Quote:

I have another question along these lines. You mentioned in the Violet Flame Poad thread that you still had some “good” ruby paint left. So, how much paint do you order at a time? And roughly how many critters can get painted per gallon of paint?

*ETA–I guess that’s two questions. ๐Ÿ˜€
      I don’t know the answer to either!
      I didn’t personally deal with ordering paint in California, so I don’t know how much we got at a time, exactly. We buy most of it in gallon jugs, and we have 50-60 gallons ( just went out and looked) sitting in the paint cabinet.

And, in addition to not knowing that, I also have no idea how many dragons we can paint with a gallon of paint. That’s a good question, but I never figured it out!

megamibabe16
      Participant

Thanks for the Windstone behind the scenes education. Thank you for all of the hard work. It is amazing what humans can do once they get started.

Rachel
        Participant

ghostndragon wrote:

Quote:

I have another question along these lines. You mentioned in the Violet Flame Poadโ„ข thread that you still had some “good” ruby paint left. So, how much paint do you order at a time? And roughly how many critters can get painted per gallon of paint?

I didn’t personally deal with ordering paint in California, so I don’t know how much we got at a time, exactly. We buy most of it in gallon jugs, and we have 50-60 gallons ( just went out and looked) sitting in the paint cabinet.

And, in addition to not knowing that, I also have no idea how many dragons we can paint with a gallon of paint. That’s a good question, but I never figured it out!

OooOOoohhh. I just answered myself…or Melody did. How in the world did that happen??? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Hannah
          Participant

๐Ÿ˜† did Melody accidentally hijack your account, or was that a server burp?!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Melody
            Keymaster

ghostndragon wrote:

ghostndragon wrote:

Quote:

I have another question along these lines. You mentioned in the Violet Flame Poadโ„ขโ„ข thread that you still had some “good” ruby paint left. So, how much paint do you order at a time? And roughly how many critters can get painted per gallon of paint?

OooOOoohhh. I just answered myself…or Melody did. How in the world did that happen??? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Easy I must of goofed up the”quote” thing somehow. There is always a way to goof something up!

Kelly
              Participant

๐Ÿ˜† At least the goof worked out!! Great questions you guys. Thanks for taking the time to explain some of the methods, Melody. I learned some more things about the windstones and found it pretty interesting. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tyrrlin
                Participant

Melody wrote:

Right now counting me and Wendy, who is learning, we have four painters. We had as many as 24 painters in the old days!

Melody wrote:

We are still painting very small batches of each color but ideally we want to get painters painting the same thing for as long as possible. It takes a few hundred of something to even get up to speed! Yup, painting these things is no dream job. It is a demanding, tedious and frustrating job! ๐Ÿ™„ let me out of here

I dunno about *painting* them, but I could set them on fire for you.

….or hit them with a hammer. I’m good at that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Windstone collector in remission. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kujacker
                  Participant

Hmmm I have a friend who is an artist for a living. I’m currently helping him by coloring two children’s books. I started out slow because I kept trying to do everything artist like… and detailed. Each page took me forever because I was trying to be perfect. After he kept telling me not to be so detailed, I started working without that “artists mind”. I completed the first 9 pages of the second book today in about 3 hours. The first book I could only get about half of that in the same amount of time, and it wasn’t nearly as detailed!
                    So what I’m saying is, I can see how if you learn to “let go” of some things, perfection in my case, things will go MUCH faster.

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

I agree with Kujacker. I worked for a few months, at a small graphics place, designing ads. I was so excited to get to play with Photoshop and Illustrator all day and actually get paid for it…but the lady who was my…”supervisor” I guess, just kept bringing in more and more that needed to be done. I realized that they didn’t care if they were awesome or not, as long as they were “decent” and finished. After that I decided to keep my art as a hobby.

Melody
                      Keymaster

NicoleH wrote:

That’s some really interesting information. What pieces are you casting now? Are you moving on to any of the bigger sculpts yet?

Yes, We are starting to cast Emperors. Those have been a real pain for some reason. The wings have been getting pinched in the mold and coming out too thin. We are having weird mold problems like that, and it is not always easy to tell why it is happening.

Carolyn
                        Participant

Wow that is a pain . Trying to figure out why something is going wrong . Could the weather have something to do with it ? I hope you get it solved . Keep up the great work .

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.