fbpx

Problem with PYO unicorn . Blank with eyes glued in .

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Problem with PYO unicorn . Blank with eyes glued in .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn
    Participant

I recieved 2 PYO unicorns from someone and the eyes were glued in and they are unpainted ones .
      How do I remove the eyes without damaging the unicorns . And I have no idea what glue was used .

Heather
      Participant

PYO’s used to be sold with the eyes already glued in. I wouldn’t recommend trying to remove the eyes as that could cause damage. You can try using a masking fluid that you can paint over the eyes so that they will be protected from paint. You then remove the film from the eyes when you are done painting and everything should look good. Hope this helps.

Carolyn
        Participant

Thanks I was a bit worried . I’ll tell who ever paints it to do that .

Kujacker
          Participant

When they were sold with the eyes glued in, I removed them before painting. I used nail polish remover. Just a drop or two is all that was needed to loosen the glue. However, it’s still “dangerous” to remove the eyes. You can chip the eye sockets. But I would use a tiny tiny flat head to remove the eyes.

Do what you feel would be easier for you. If you’re afraid that you’ll break the eye socket if you try to remove the eyes, then just mask the eyes off or paint carefully around them.

Carolyn
            Participant

I’ll have to leave that to the person who paints them for me . I have no talent in painting .

WolfenMachine
              Participant

Ive also heard a needle is useful for wiggling the eyes free once the nail polish remover is applied

Carolyn
                Participant

Thanks . I’ll tell the person who paints them .

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

As others have said, all PYOs used to come with eyes glued in (for copyright reasons). The official response is that you should not try to remove the eyes, and it’s “at your own risk” sort of a situation.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

scenceable
                    Participant

since the eyes are glass, even if you get paint on them you can easily remove it with a bit of nail polish remover afterwards. Just put a bit on a brush and wipe the eyes down. 🙂

Carolyn
                      Participant

Ok they sholud be fine then . I’ll let this thread stay because it might help someone else .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.