fbpx

potters cat?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody potters cat?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    laphon1
    Participant

I just visited your gallery and looked at the new pictures of molds. Is the “potter’s cat” something new? Or have I, in my own inimitible fashion, missed something?

laphon1
      Participant

Skigod377
        Participant

I was wondering that myself…

Maria
          Participant

You-re not along, laphon. It isn-t anything I-ve ever seen before, either.

SPark
            Participant

Likewise. I like it, it’s very cute. Melody does good felines.

Melody
              Keymaster

laphon1 wrote:

I just visited your gallery and looked at the new pictures of molds. Is the “potter’s cat” something new? Or have I, in my own inimitible fashion, missed something?

The Potter cat is an almost life sized cat that I sculpted in around 1993,(old!) using my cat “Potter” as a model.He was intended to be an outside garden cat, made of cement. We didn’t have the cement pouring process worked out when I did this sculpt, so we tried to sell them in plaster as indoor pieces…and they were a TOTAL FLOP. I do make spectacular duds. I don’t think we sold a single one from a store! Even the cat stores couldn’t move them.

I saw one pair of these “yard” cats(the Potter cat, with his companion the “Butterfly” cat) on Ebay once. I was suprized that they sold for a reasonable price! I don’t remember who got them though. Them is rare kitties.

Copper83
                Participant

So, now that you have the cement pouring process worked out, will you try this one again? I know I’d like to see them.

lamortefille
                  Participant

Me, too. He would look nice sitting on my front porch:)

I’d like one too…though I’m not sure if I could bring myself to put him outside… ๐Ÿ™‚

And there’s another concern about that too. A few weeks ago there was a news article about some thieves going around stealing Christmas decorations! Makes me wonder if a nice statue on the front porch would disappear too…

mimitrek wrote:

I’d like one too…though I’m not sure if I could bring myself to put him outside… ๐Ÿ™‚

And there’s another concern about that too. A few weeks ago there was a news article about some thieves going around stealing Christmas decorations! Makes me wonder if a nice statue on the front porch would disappear too…

My freind has two pretty big lion statues outside her apartment building which keep being stolen, despite them being about 30 pounds each, and, later, being cemented down. Nothing is safe around here!

Incredible…there are all kinds of people running around. I saw another article about thieves digging up and stealing trees in people’s front yards. Apparently they were running around and doing this in the dead of night.

Copper83
                    Participant

I always worry about that kind of stuff too, but so far, we haven’t had any trouble here. I have 2 dragons and a griffin in the yard.

lamortefille
                      Participant

The kids around here are more mischievous than destructive. They tip the tops off of bird baths once in a while and smash the pumpkins after Halloween. Thankfully, they don’t break anything. I have a cement cat from another artist on my porch – it could always use a friend. ๐Ÿ˜€

Jodi
                        Participant

We had a nice griil stolen out of our back yard on a Sunday morning while we were out buying chicken wings to grill on it. We were hoping it was college students who would return it when they left town for the summer, but it never came back. And we had to buy a new one that we don’t leave out in the yard. I worry about the statuary too, but there’s nothing too monetarily valuable out there — just sentimentally valuable.

In one city i lived in some people stole one of those giant gumball machines, out of a restarunt, while it was open, in a town I lived in some tree planters stole one of those giant machines filled with little keychains and stuff. I have heard of 50 lb horse statues stolen, a calf one was stolen as well. Some people just get right foolish when drunk.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.