fbpx

Post pics of your non-canine/feline pets!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Post pics of your non-canine/feline pets!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

Bullsquid luv ur scaled babies!!
      Had an injured garter snake as a kid I re-hab’d ; my Dad was hoeing the garden and didn’t see the snake 🐍 so end of his tail was amputated….
      He was young; named him Charlie…
      Always felt he knew I wanted to help him.
      Was successfully released back into nature; he hung around my house a lot and always let me pet and hold him and never tried to crawl away…he was very tame and relaxed ….

Angelika_Zen
      Participant

What a great turn out for Charlie!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bullsquid
        Participant

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Snakes are such misunderstood animals, it’s great to be able to share them with people who appreciate them. Tiberius readily ate a meal last night, so it seems that he is settling nicely into his new home.

Angelika Zen, that’s such a pretty little corn/milk/king snake you found! I’ve only ever found a few wild garter snakes and some kind of water snake in my area. Regarding snakes as pets, they’re actually super low maintenance. My boa and python only eat once a week, and that will get even less frequent as they get older. The only things that need frequent upkeep are refilling their water bowls and misting their enclosures, which I do every other day. The tricky part of snake keeping is getting their enclosure set up properly to begin with, ensuring that you have the right temperature zones for your specific species. But once you have the heat source(s) set up with a thermostat, they regulate themselves. Easy!

Suzanne-Marie, that’s sounds like such a great experience with Charlie. Having pets is wonderful, but there is something even more special about having a friendship with a truly wild animal that can leave at any time, but chooses to visit you.

Suzanne-Marie
          Participant

Thank you Angelica_Zen.
            Bullsquid, you are so right; I was so happy that he got better, and was so tame !!
            My Dad was the one who made me see that he needed to be released back into nature; so I was thrilled to see him hanging out often; years later we found him dead in a ditch close to my house; we had a funeral for him and I cried buckets; but he was free and I remember how nice it was to hold him for the beautiful soul he was.

Bodine
            Participant

Aww,wasn’t meant to be.Sorry Suzanne.
              I think snakes are beautiful and I mean no harm.They just need to go live anywhere,just not with me.😄
              I saw this just now and had to grab a shot. I bet it messes with his head.

20200302_0755333

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
              Participant

This pairs 1st time spawning.Crossing my fingers they raise them successfully.

20200312_1819462

Bodine
                Participant

Ok snake enthusiast….please identify.
                  I scraped my hands across it cleaning out leaves.

20200317_1244572

Bodine
                  Participant

They’re at it again.They keep eating the eggs.I think KoiBoy likes caviar.
                    I am going to try and raise this batch when they are finished before dinner.

20200503_0708342

20200503_0713132

Bodine
                    Participant

Let’s hope this works.There are a few hundred eggs on it.

20200503_1456412

KingBeast
                      Participant

Nero, my pastel male bp
                        Nero, my pastel male adult ball python

Mortimer, Irian Jaya blue tongue skink
                        Mortimer, my Iryan Jaya male adult blue tongue skink

And the newest lil baby, Lucerne! Blue eyed lucistic ball python
                        And last but not least, little baby Lucerne, a Blue Eyed Lucistic ball python~

Absolute Godtier wishlist
                        Contusion Male Dragon painted by Brandi Wise
                        Bantam Kickstarter dragon #102, "Alien", red/black colors with black eyes. Clone is fine. If you get one and want to get rid of it, PLEASE message me.

etruscan
                        Participant

Nice! Thanks for posting photos.

merrillannwhite
                          Participant

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a snake that was actually all white before. The albinos usually have pinkish or yellowish markings. Very cool.

KingBeast
                            Participant

Yup, That’s because albanism is a lack of only the melanin pigments in an animal (so you see the yellows, reds, and the like – hence pink eyes, yellow markings, etc), where leucism can be a lack of any and all of the pigments but not necessarily all of them. That’s why leucitic animals can be normal colored with white patches – or all white with normal eyes. Blue eyed lucy ball pythons have a mutation where their eyes are likewise effected so they’re blue. Some BEL’s will have color to them, in the right light Lucerne does have some very pale yellow markings, but mostly she is that stark white which is on of the reasons why I fell so hard for her right away.

Absolute Godtier wishlist
                              Contusion Male Dragon painted by Brandi Wise
                              Bantam Kickstarter dragon #102, "Alien", red/black colors with black eyes. Clone is fine. If you get one and want to get rid of it, PLEASE message me.

Angelika_Zen
                              Participant

Beautiful!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

Beautiful Bullsquid !!
                                  Thank you for the info too; very interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.