Post pics of your non-canine/feline pets!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Post pics of your non-canine/feline pets!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

She LOVES to fly so much !!
      Also loves to cuddle and play.

6DA7D47C-D593-4F19-9BD2-6BADD2C2AE19

Suzanne-Marie
      Participant

Here she is looking out to the forest that backs up to her room; surveying her Queen-dom !! LOL

Kim
        Blocked

I love seeing pet photos! They are all beautiful! Suzanne-Marie, those are awesome pictures of Tooii! I had an African Grey for around 8 years named Birdie, got him when I was around 17 or 18 but then several years later, my mom and I went through 2 foreclosures after we were defrauded by a private mortgage lender and lost our homes and had to move to a rental which ended up being a nightmare with bad neighbors and we ended up moving every few months, when leases were up or having enough of loud partying neighbors, etc. After two moves my bird was getting so stressed, he was feather picking and we had to find him a new permanent loving home. He went to a very experienced bird family with multiple other parrots he could be friends with but it broke my heart. I visited him a couple times after they took him and seemed to be doing well and adjusted well.

We have had cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and other animals all my life at different times but our last dog a border collie named Pepper passed away of cancer a few years ago around the same time we had to move to our first rental. After that it was hard to have a dog renting so we just had cats. We still have 4 cats now and had a few guinea pigs we rescued but found homes for some of them and kept two. Here are the two guinea pigs we still have Fluffy and Orangey. I don’t even know how old they were when we got them but we’ve had them at least a couple years. Fluffy is a character and loves to climb up on the side of the cage and squeak for food whenever she hears us walk by. She likes to be petted and I have to bath her and cut her hair once a month because it gets dirty if it gets too long. Orangey is more shy about being held and more possessive of her cage. She was a lone pig when we got her and had to get used to sharing her cage. They both like being let out to run around their room each day and they chase each other and hide behind things and squeak when I walk by.

guinea1

guinea2

guinea3

guinea4

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
          Participant

`Aww,they are all precious Even your snake is pretty though I am in noway fond of them.Personal reasons but their coloring and markings are beautiful no doubt.
            I have my fish besides my furries.I want chickens but I would probably lose them before they got grown.Many cats in this neck of the woods.
            Derp&Earp…inseperable.He guards her well.

IMG_20200129_061625

Two of my babies from eggs.A breeder pair but young yet…

IMG_20200129_061541

KoiBoy and Fancy,paired…

IMG_20200129_063351

IMG_20200129_063412

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
            Participant

Last but not least,my 3rd Marbled baby I raised from egg along with two new friends.I got a fancy finned Silver Striped and a standard fin Silver Stripe.Out of the three I will get a match pair.Yes,fish are pets too.I spend a lot of time just watching them,they recognize me when I walk by,come to the front and just stare at me.Feed me Seymore! They warn me away from their tanks when spawning.Especially Derpy.He eyeballs me.You can tell he is saying something like,”Come on in here,I dare you!”
              Their mating dance is interesting.One or the other starts poking the other one in the side and belly,hours later they will start cleaning their chosen spot,the female will go get the male and push him back over when he wanders off.They tend to get bored with it.When she is happy with it she starts going up and back again laying eggs.She moves over,male comes behind her as she waits,then her turn again.It is a cool dance to watch though many times not successful.The males don’t do their thing properly most of the time.It is so cool watching the eggs become wigglers and then many babies swimming free.

IMG_20200129_064654

IMG_20200129_064715

Bullsquid
              Participant

Bodine, your fish are so pretty! And Kim, your black and white guinea pig has such long hair, she reminds me of a shih-tzu, lol.

I have to admit, I am intimidated by large parrots like Berd though. They are beautiful, but that beak gives me pause.

picklesoap8
                Participant

Such beautiful fish, Bodine! I had no idea or never thought that people could raise fish from eggs. I always just assumed people got all their fish ready to go & swimming already. What a fascinating process to see them from eggs, hatching & then fishies.

I adore fish- they are so mesmerizing & relaxing to watch.

Suzanne-Marie
                  Participant

Luv your guinea pigs Kim!!
                    I got one from DDVM’s collection that looks like my guinea pig, Mr. Mig who is at the Rainbow 🌈 Bridge.
                    Bodine your angels are so beautiful !!

Bodine
                    Participant

Thanks,I have my camera now so can get clear pics.Here are Amber and David’s tanks.
                      Hard to get a clear shot of the Parrots.

20200211_1233213

Bodine
                      Participant

20200211_1257013

20200211_1255064

Bullsquid
                        Participant

I got another scale-baby! Meet Tiberius, a 7 month old half dwarf Burmese python. He’s cute as a button, but very skittish (he hasn’t learned yet that humans are not big scary predators trying to eat him). I’m going to enjoy working with him to get him nice and tame. He’s going to be a big boy when he grows up!

Tiberius1

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

AwwwwI love his coloring and pattern. ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

Awwwww I wish I had a house full of animals!! I always said when I win the lottery, im going to build a habitat for anything needing rescue. I used to have rats. I think I went through 10 of them back in the day. When you have something that plays and snuggles like a cat but only lives 2-3 years, its heartbreak hotel!!! I have to start taking home babies that have longer lifespans. I find snakes are fascinating. I love them. Im the one the guys call on at work to get them out of the urinal and back outside. Lol. I have always stayed away based on an uneducated assumption that they are high maintenance, and with cold/long winters, I often wondered if I could give them a safe home. Your pets are gorgeous you guys! I love the pics!

I came across this guy while I was out with the dogs, and thought it was so beautiful, I kept its picture.

IMG_0819

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

Awwwww I wish I had a house full of animals!! I always said when I win the lottery, im going to build a habitat for anything needing rescue. I used to have rats. I think I went through 10 of them back in the day. When you have something that plays and snuggles like a cat but only lives 2-3 years, its heartbreak hotel!!! I have to start taking home babies that have longer lifespans. I find snakes are fascinating. I love them. Im the one the guys call on at work to get them out of the urinal and back outside. Lol. I have always stayed away based on an uneducated assumption that they are high maintenance, and with cold/long winters, I often wondered if I could give them a safe home. Your pets are gorgeous you guys! I love the pics!

I came across this guy while I was out with the dogs, and thought it was so beautiful, I kept its picture.

IMG_0819

Is that a Corn Snake? I may be a bit rusty on recognizing them.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Angelika_Zen
                                Participant

I thought it was a milk snake…

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.