fbpx

Post pics of your non-canine/feline pets!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Post pics of your non-canine/feline pets!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Bullsquid
    Participant

We have a thread for members to post their dogs and another for cats, but I couldn’t find a thread for members to show off their non-dog and cat pets, and those pets deserve their time in the spotlight too! I’ll start us off.

This is my new scale-baby named Rowan, which means “little redhead”. She is a captive-bred Common Boa from the Sonoran locality. I think she is just gorgeous and I look forward to spending the next 25 years or so with her.

Rowan1
      Rowan2

GardenNinja
      Participant

Pretty!

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

dragonmedley
        Participant

OMG, she’s all tiny!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

etruscan
          Participant

She is lovely!

Suzanne-Marie
            Participant

Such a pretty girl !!

StormDancer
              Participant

Oh she is gorgeous! Congratulations on your new scale-baby!

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bullsquid
                Participant

Thanks, everyone. It’s amazing to think that she will reach 5-6 feet in length as an adult when she is so little now as a 4 month old.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Rowan is so cute!! So beautiful. What a lovely friend!

All of my pets are non typical!

I have two rescue cockatiels, one of which cannot be any younger than 31 (wow!). One I adopted when a friend that passed away wanted me to have her, and the other was from a family that couldn’t keep him.

I have a rescued pionus (bronze winged pionus) that is like a child to me, I’ve had her for 19 years now.

khukitchen1

I also keep chickens, and honestly they make amazing pets if you get a friendly breed and raise them thoughtfully. My current chickens include Bielefelders, a German breed known for being large and friendly. They are huge puppies and are very sweet birds, and all 9 of them try to get into my lap at once for hugs and cuddles (not joking!)

bieleslap1

They are very curious without being destructive, here they are, trying to figure out Pokemon Go:

bielesplayingpokemon1

Even the rooster is a total sweetie and cuddles in for naps:

moosesleepinginhand6months

I also keep captive bred shrimp; I’ve kept freshwater neocardinia before but right now I am focusing on my brackish Opae ula shrimp. They are tiny, less than half an inch long, and fascinating!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Bullsquid
                    Participant

Wow, Jen, that is quite the menagerie of birds! Some pets have such long lifespans that they really are like children in a way. And your chickens are adorable.

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

OMG! Bullsquid your little Scaly is So Cute! I like snakes a lot but the only reptiles my parents would let me have growing up were Green Turtles, and my Hubby and rest of my family will only tolerate dogs and fish. I’ve had for past pets: 3 Green turtles, Guppies, Goldfish, and other assorted fresh water fish, a green Parakeet, a grey Cockatiel, a Love Bird, 3 Gerbils, a Cat, a grey Mouse, and then our dogs. I also was given a Ferret too!

And Jennifer – Love all the Bird/Chicken photos! Especially Mr. Cuddles Rooster! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Melody
                        Keymaster

Here’s Berd. We’ve had Berd for 32 years. It’s like having a two-year-old with a pair of crosscut shears on his face and a 90-decibel megaphone voice. With soft feathers that smell amazing in the sun.
                          I also have two ancient cockatiels, three box turtles, a duck, a pigeon, three guinea pigs, and two goldfish.
                          As our fellow house earthlings have aged and passed on, I haven’t been replacing them, so our household has been shrinking!

sherry10151982
                          Participant

WOW Melody berd is gorgeous!!! I like the name too!! LOL! I absolutely love snakes Bullsquid!! And your Rowan is so freaking cute!! And Jennifer, your chickens are so adorable I want to squeeze them and kiss their cute beaks!!

Suzanne-Marie
                            Participant

Awww Jennifer your chickens are so beautiful !!
                              Melody🦋 Berd is gorgeous!!
                              32 years is a long time!!
                              Might you post photos of your other animal companions ??

Suzanne-Marie
                              Participant

Here is Tooii; she was 8 weeks old when I met her; took her home at 18.5 weeks old; she just turned 10 years old 12/1.

2E7C0936-439A-4E4F-9C0F-DA605209E4C1

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

1st photo above she was 3-4 weeks old Nekkid.
                                  Here she is at 11 weeks old.
                                  First flight !!

51544780-C2CA-472D-ACDF-1AF2AEA83EB4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.