fbpx

Post pics of your dog (s) !

Home Forums Miscellany Community Post pics of your dog (s) !

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 345 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

She’s home (with my mom) and things went better than I was so afraid they would! We came by my house first so Queenie could meet her; Queenie is apparently totally unsocialized to other dogs and it has been a very big question whether we could get her to accept a pup. This was a big part of the choice to get a young pup which would be totally unthreatening to her. She was very intent, but did not threaten, even offered what seemed a few stunted play gestures. She did nip at her just a couple times, but I could see why and they were just corrective type nips no broken skin or harm done. I would not trust her with the pup at this time, but maybe there’s hope. I will continue to bring her over as often as I can, so hopefully she will come to accept her as a member of the pack.

I did keep the pup in a crate for first introductions, and everybody was kept leashed.

IMG_4227-Copy

327567747_859600085299224_5823746103832944115_n

Bodine
      Participant

Dog and Butterfly😍

20230227_071156

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
        Participant

Pip how is the pup getting along with Queenie?
          They look happy.💖

pipsxlch
          Participant

Oh what a lovely pic of Liberty! The depigment spot does look like a butterfly. (great song!)

I’ll have to get on the computer with the pics and post some; things are going beautifully! Queenie has been better than I ever expected her to be able to be- we were warned when we got her that she had dog/animal aggression issues. She doesn’t know how to tone it down for a smaller dog, so at first she was a bit overwhelming to Bean; we kept everyone on lead to have control. At the very first when Bean would ‘ouch’ yelp it seemed to trigger her drive a bit, but she listened to our correction. She is a dog very concerned that we’re pleased with her. Now, with Bean much bigger (20 lbs already!) and full of piss and vinegar they romp together off leash beautifully and really seem to look for their playmates. I have even left them together alone for an hour (Bean crated) and no problems. All is well even when Bean gets mad at Queenie knocking her down all the time and tells her off! She is even happy to share her water bowl and toys, and can relax and lay down with Bean. This makes me so happy- both that Queenie can have a doggy companion when we aren’t home and that can play doggy games with her, and we are hoping to buy a house and all 3 move in together, so they will be ‘sisters’.
            (Besides, everyone has bonded to Bean- she’s the old fashioned Aussie Mom hoped for, smart as a whip)

pipsxlch
            Participant

Here’s some pics of them playing

IMG_4258-2-Copy

IMG_4257-2-Copy

IMG_4259-2-Copy

pipsxlch
              Participant

IMG_4260-2-Copy

IMG_20230223_152824851_HDR-Copy

IMG_20230225_120622312_HDR-2-Copy

Bodine
                Participant

Wow look at that puppy grow.They look happy. How wonderful is that?💞
                  My little Bob.Giving me that,”Leave me alone mom”look😁 Too early for him. My little guy is 15 this year.I still have all 3 litter mates from Tweek’s only litter.

20230308_053828

dragonmedley
                  Participant

I’m happy to share our new addition to the family! This is Tokay, a friend for our Chablis. (I’m noticing now that I don’t have a decent pic of him alone…)
                    He’s a blue brindle whippet. Chablis is a whippet mix and Merlot, an Italian greyhound.
                    85334320-A9EC-47D1-BECF-ECDDA524EFC6
                    Here he is, sun bathing with Merlot… notice the choice of beds!
                    467D3643-A842-4D16-9646-264CC28869C8

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
                    Participant

Awesome dogs Dragonmedley.How energetic are they?

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Awesome dogs Dragonmedley.How energetic are they?

Very, but only in short bursts. Merlot is now 13, so his bursts are, well, very short and commensurate with the weather. Cold = no

The other two are both 2 years old (ish for Chablis) and they need to get their zoomies out. Right now, with all the snow, we’re talking about 20 minutes about twice a day. Once things warm up (and dry out), said zoomies will be paired with extensive sniffing. And the squirrel patrol will be ON. Prey drive is 100% active.

Greyhounds are energetic, but not constantly like a poodle, for example. They cuddle… and sleep… and cuddle. Hey, a squirrel, let’s run! Ok, now they need to sleep it off. 😀

Bodine
                        Participant

😆Liberty is the same way.She demands play/outside time,then rest,nap,loving and it’s on again .I am absolutely in love with my girl.She amazes me everyday.

20220702_111024

linda
                          Participant

Our old pupper Josie. She’s 13 now. She such a sweetheart 💕 and a very gentle soul.

20230309_190040

Suzanne-Marie
                            Participant

Awww Linda what a beautiful, serene, and gorgeous girl !!!
                              Sweet🐾Josie!!!!!
                              Warm Hugs !!!!!
                              🧚‍♀️🐶🕊

pipsxlch
                              Participant

Josie is a lovely grande dame!

Liberty takes such good photos. I got one of those giggle balls for Queenie awhile ago, she had no use for it. But Bean is enjoying it now.

Those sighthounds DragonMedly… such gorgeous dogs. And so sedate looking *gives my herding dogs the stinkeye* *but honest I love them for what they are*

dragonmedley
                                Participant

Josie is a lovely grande dame!

Liberty takes such good photos. I got one of those giggle balls for Queenie awhile ago, she had no use for it. But Bean is enjoying it now.

Those sighthounds DragonMedly… such gorgeous dogs. And so sedate looking *gives my herding dogs the stinkeye* *but honest I love them for what they are*

😂

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 345 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.