fbpx

POLL: Old vs New Peacock

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone POLL: Old vs New Peacock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Pam

Pam

New = very vibrant, flashy colors
        Old = colors more reserved (less saturated); others may be very dark and look almost black, but overal the vibrancy of the colors is still muted

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2668 for pics

Well i have never seen either of them! Well one very quickly, i love brought colours so i voted for the new πŸ˜€

SPark
        Participant

A new peacock fledgeie was my first Windstone ever! I love the new color.

Starbreeze
          Participant

We need an “I like both” choice. πŸ˜€

Kasie
            Participant

starbreeze wrote:

We need an “I like both” choice. πŸ˜€

I’m with you on that one.

Heather
              Participant

My immediate reaction is to prefer the new version. I love bright colors! I bought a Fledgeling in peacock shortly before the retirement was announced, and I think his version of the paint job is my favorite. But I saw an Emperor in an older version of peacock the other day–base color is a deep blue without green–and I have to admit that the more I looked at him, the better I liked him. There are some of the nearly-black peacock pieces on eBay right now. I don’t know what to make of those. I wish I could see one in person . . . without having to buy him first! πŸ˜›
                It is neat that there are so many variations of one “color”. Does anybody know why so many variants were produced?

Allison
                Participant

I love the new one, but I only really noticed Windstones after the old version was already retired and done with. I probably never gave myself a fair shot at liking it. πŸ˜•

SPark
                  Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

My immediate reaction is to prefer the new version. I love bright colors! I bought a Fledgeling in peacock shortly before the retirement was announced, and I think his version of the paint job is my favorite. But I saw an Emperor in an older version of peacock the other day–base color is a deep blue without green–and I have to admit that the more I looked at him, the better I liked him. There are some of the nearly-black peacock pieces on eBay right now. I don’t know what to make of those. I wish I could see one in person . . . without having to buy him first! πŸ˜›
                    It is neat that there are so many variations of one “color”. Does anybody know why so many variants were produced?

The odd ones on ebay right now look exactly like some that were up several months back. Turns out they were photographed in an odd light, I think some kind of orange lighting? Not sure. Anyhow, when the seller posted pictures taken outdoors, they looked just like regular old peacock, nothing special about them at all.

Starbreeze
                    Participant

I would vote for the new peacock, except my OW in old peacock is my favorite Windstone. I like him better than my other Windstone in new peacock.

Pam

You’re right. I should have added a “both” option. Oh well…

Jodi
                        Participant

How about an indifferent choice? Like, “I like them, but I’m not collecting them.” Or “I don’t care for either.” I think I’m indifferent.

I like both, but the new is more eye-catching to me. :O

Maria
                          Participant

Ditto that, Algy.

I like the newer peacock, but I don’t own any of them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.