fbpx

Poads

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Starbreeze
    Participant

Glad to see you’re not too excited Whippet ๐Ÿ˜†

Sweet. A 6 pack for me. hehe

Elena
      Participant

Yea Poads!!!

Megan
        Participant

You know, if there is ever a Windstone convention held… there should be fun poad activites. Such as:

The PYO Poad Workshop! Every color imaginable! Create your dream poad’s colors, impress your friends, expand your painting horizons to something round and plushy! (swapping and trading optional)

The Poad Easter-Egg Hunt! See how many YOU can find! So round and colorful, they’re sure to catch the eye even when hidden about the lawn. Keep all the poads you can add to your basket! (please do not wrestle over the poads — there will be plenty for all)

And last but not least — the Poad Photo Op! Immortalize the happy times you and your poad have shared against one of our whimsical photo backgrounds! (choice of beach, carnival, jungle explorer, astronaut space adventure, or Ancient Civilization backgrounds)

Oh yeah… Poad Con 2007. ๐Ÿ˜‰ *goes to hide from the men in white coats* I’m not crazy, really…

Melody
          Keymaster

CherylKaufman wrote:

Watch Melody sell these poads they have cast and as it turns out they are murderous, vengeful, evil creatures in her comic….shifty eyes- but hey, at least we all have one on our night stand!

No no, they are nice, and useful.

wolflodge100
            Participant

somehow, I just can’t picture an evil poad!

wolflodge100 wrote:

somehow, I just can’t picture an evil poad!

And that’s the sheer BEAUTY of the plot!

Bob

WOW that is a SURPRISE BUT NOT THE SURPRISE I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!
                I did not even know about this one!!
                Melody was holding out on me too!!

Melody
                Keymaster

gryphondreamer wrote:

what is the comic about? besides the poads?

Poads aren’t major characters, but play an important part in the story. It’s about..oy, I can’t explain it easily…it’s about siblings, and war and kingdoms, and love, you know, the usual stuff a fifteen year old writes about (that’s when I started it).
                  But the part that I am trying to finish, which includes the poads, is about the doctors who care for demons.

Megan
                  Participant

Ooh… sounds like something good ๐Ÿ˜€ I’d like to read that someday.

ladybrooklyn
                    Participant

Melody wrote:

gryphondreamer wrote:

Poads aren’t major characters, but play an important part in the story. It’s about..oy, I can’t explain it easily…it’s about siblings, and war and kingdoms, and love, you know, the usual stuff a fifteen year old writes about (that’s when I started it).
                      But the part that I am trying to finish, which includes the poads, is about the doctors who care for demons.

So this comic… what were your plans for it? was it to be distributed through comic shops? just available to this group?

Is it to be the start of a series? or just a one shot?

This is sooo cool! 140 poads and counting! HA HA! TOO cool!!!

I can’t wait to hear more Melody! you have me soooo curious about this comic! not just for the poads… but I’m curious about the story!!!

So how does one come about getting one of these comic books? Is it the poad that comes with the comic book? I am confused, I actually read the entire thread and I am still lost… ๐Ÿ˜ณ
                      I’d really like just one poad…6 would be nice, but just one will do! ๐Ÿ˜€
                      And, I know the art of the comic would be awesome too. I love your prints Melody!!

Melody
                      Keymaster

ladybrooklyn wrote:

Melody wrote:

gryphondreamer wrote:

So this comic… what were your plans for it? was it to be distributed through comic shops? just available to this group?

Is it to be the start of a series? or just a one shot?

This is sooo cool! 140 poads and counting! HA HA! TOO cool!!!

I can’t wait to hear more Melody! you have me soooo curious about this comic! not just for the poads… but I’m curious about the story!!! I planned to self publish , using Windstone as a way to promote it! Hence, the poads, the Lion Kirin and other creatures that I was planning to do.
                        This comic I am trying to do now is a snippet out of the middle of the story; just the part that involves poads. I am working it out to stand on its own as a story, so it is fairly simple. A young doctor aspiring to fill the now vacant position of his mentor.

Melody
                        Keymaster

WindstoneCollector wrote:

So how does one come about getting one of these comic books? Is it the poad that comes with the comic book? I am confused, I actually read the entire thread and I am still lost… ๐Ÿ˜ณ
                          I’d really like just one poad…6 would be nice, but just one will do! ๐Ÿ˜€
                          And, I know the art of the comic would be awesome too. I love your prints Melody!!

The poads were intended to be things that I could use to promote the comic.I pictured them sitting on a desk in a comic store and having customers go “What is this??”
                          The poads are now sitting, waiting to be painted, while the comic is in limbo. I don’t have time to do it. I am getting it out, slowly, but the poads want to move on! They can’t wait for me! So maybe poads will go ahead out into the world without me. I was going to sell a poad with a comic, together.

Maria
                          Participant

Oh Yes! Send the Poads ahead. A herd for me…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.