fbpx

poad lore…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody poad lore…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Are poads four footed wee beasties or two or have they four or two feet and wings? *kept me awake last night…*

twindragonsmum

tdm

Rachel
      Participant

My poadlettes have at least 4 feet.

rock-reader
        Participant

I don’t think poads have wings (But then again, I didn’t think Kade had wings either! Speaking of which, where are his wings in the skinny dipping scenes of the Veligent?) I believe they just have wing patterns on their backs, like any of the other assorted markings they have

etruscan
          Participant

Real Poads don’t have visible wings.

Melody said the winged Poads she painted were just artistic expression – “The wings were intended as artistic decoration, you know, like the way some people get pretty wings tattooed on their backs. I don’t know for sure whether or not Poads can pull out wings the way the people can in this story [the Veligent]. Poads have other ways of getting around quickly in an emergency, so wings haven’t been needed.”

I asked in the “Veligent” comments section on page 87:

http://windstoneeditions.com/veligent-page-87

etruscan
            Participant

I don’t think poads have wings (But then again, I didn’t think Kade had wings either! Speaking of which, where are his wings in the skinny dipping scenes of the Veligent?) I believe they just have wing patterns on their backs, like any of the other assorted markings they have

Melody says that people in the Veligent store their wings in another plane of existence – see comments on the Veligent page 88:

” … The wings are usually stored in another plane of existence, with her vel…and other things…
              This is why fantasy is the best; nothing makes sense. Kinda like quantum physics.

You can’t see it, but there is a tingley spot just inside of people’s shoulder blades where the wings emerge. You can probably feel yours.”

StormDancer
              Participant

Hi, I’m new to the site and forums but I went looking for answers about poads yesterday.
                This is what I found…

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/what-poad-story

Hope it helps!

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Oikessss! Shoulda done my homework better ๐Ÿ˜‰ But it still leaves the question of two legs or four? Like guinea pigs? Or like parrots? *trots off to go catch up on my reading…* :bigsmile:

tdm

tdm

etruscan
                  Participant

Four feet like guinea pigs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kim
                    Blocked

All the poad sculpts seem to have 4 feet. I think they have heads like birds but their bodies are like guinea pigs unless they had front talons and wings like griffins but I don’t think they are like that.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
                      Keymaster

Four little feet. Three toes on each foot, I think.
                        I can’t remember how to post pics here, but page 88 of “the Veligent ” has Podge swimming with her feet visible: http://windstoneeditions.com/veligent-page-88

etruscan
                        Participant

I can’t remember how to post pics here, but page 88 of “the Veligent ” has Podge swimming with her feet visible: http://windstoneeditions.com/veligent-page-88

Podge reminds me of a platypus I saw swimming around when visiting in Australia! ๐Ÿ™‚

Melody
                          Keymaster

Podge reminds me of a platypus I saw swimming around when visiting in Australia! ๐Ÿ™‚

I think Poads would be classified as monotremes, like platypuses -if this world had classifications.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.