fbpx

personal collections

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone personal collections

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    dashesndots
    Participant

Thank you all for reassuring me, haha. There are just some beautiful things that I’d love the chance to buy someday if the opportunity came up. 🙂

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Want ads are passive, and not a problem. 🙂
        Writing to someone, via PM, Facebook, comments… meaning you are directing your wish at a person, can be harassing if done more than once*.

* I guess if enough time has passed, say, 10 years since the forum stated, and you asked again, it wouldn’t really be harassing them. General rule of thumb though, if you ask once and get told “no”, or you aren’t replied to, it’s probably best to let it go!

E.G.

“Dear Jennifer, I see you have a Labradorite Griffin in your collection. I really want one, if you want to sell it let me know!”
        (later)
        “Hi again Jennifer, I just wanted to remind you that I really love your Labradorite Griffin, please don’t forget about me if you ever sell it!”
        (later)
        “Oh Jennifer what a cool photo of your collection! I see the Labradorite Griffin peeking out, I’d love to give him a home someday, hehe!”

You can see how even when said in a friendly tone, these messages can get very wearisome!

A want ad, on the other hand, is completely passive.
        “WANTED: If anyone has any of these and wish to sell them, I’m happy to pay top dollar for them! List includes: Labradorite Giffin, Moonstone Mother Dragon, Pizza Poad #3, etc”

You can easily see the difference. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

dashesndots
        Participant

Thank you Jennifer, I guess I am just being overly paranoid (nothing new for me). I definitely see the difference!

Natasha
          Participant

Yeaaaaah the person who was driving me nuts? Sent me almost 100 emails. AND she would send an email ever hour or so, with a sad face, asking why I wasn’t emailing her back. And demanding I tell her which pieces were in my collection. Asking for photos and details of pieces I specifically said were not for sale or trade. I never mind a polite inquiry. I never mind an add. Hell, even if I’ve told them a piece is not available, I don’t care if they keep their add up. You’re fine, DashesandDots. Trust me, you’re just fine 🙂

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

tig3r06
            Participant

Natasha, now I definitely understand why people are so leary of showing their cool collections. When I’m bored I Google to find what old test paints looked like for fun, but it’s so much better to see a “real” pic from the owner. So sad and I’m just in shock, tons of emails and demanding. I don’t mind in the threads people commenting how much they love something and saying stuff like “grabby hands” “drool” etc even more than once. It kinda gives you satisfaction you have something even more special that you already love, but if someone did what Natasha is talking about then I would not respond very kindly or not all after a few times. I’m always cruising all the ads so if I find something someone wants I can give a heads up if they weren’t aware.

Thank you! All of the comments here have been so helpful.

dashesndots
              Participant

Oh dear – Natasha, I’m so sorry you had to deal with that. Just ridiculous. I would have been completely overwhelmed and upset by that.

And yes, I agree with Tig3r06, all the comments are very helpful.

StormDancer
                Participant

Personally, I would be ok with someone contacting me once every few years to let me know that they would still be interested in a piece I have stated was in its forever home. I am also fine with them keeping the piece listed in a wanted ad, even if it is known to be a piece in it’s forever home. That helps me to know who to contact if circumstances change and I do have to sell something I was never intending to let go.

This forum is generally full of kind, helpful people who all understand that life has ebbs and flows to it. Circumstances can change in the blink of an eye. Just use common sense and courtesy when dealing with each other and as Bodine originally posted, respect each other.

Looking for:
                  "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Kim
                  Blocked

Natasha I had two people email me like that too that saw pictures of pieces I had that I posted in the ‘Show Your Collection’ thread. With the one person I was flattered at first they were interested in a couple of my pieces but I told them they were not for sale at this time and then I continually got several emails a day after that which I thought were a harmless way of the person wanting to be friends but they kept asking about the pieces until I finally decided to just sell one of them as I needed the money anyway. I later had another lady email me in a similar fashion and I decided to sell her a piece only because of the high offer and I don’t regret that. But I must admit the first piece I sold I now miss as I have a hole in my collection now where it used to be. It is replaceable though as it was a production dragon but I haven’t seen any for sale since. With that said if anyone has a copper patina young or baby dragon for sale, let me know. As for the emails, they eventually stopped and everything seems to be back to normal now. I must admit it was a bit stressful but it won’t stop me from posting pictures as I love sharing on here.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

scenceable
                    Participant

want ads and show your collection threads and the like are great. It’s helpful to know what other people are into if you ever want to sell or trade, or look into three or four way trades. It’s so nice to have a community where we can help each other out like that. So I do think that a polite email “if you ever sell please keep me in mind!” or a want ad are actually very good things.

I have had the same issue as Natasha and others lately with incessant pestering (I have blocked the couple people who were doing it) and agree that it’s really poor etiquette. So agreed with Bodine and everyone, please don’t do it 🙂

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

While I can’t control what people do with email, if anyone is ever feeling harassed via forum comments or private messages (through the forum), please let me or one of the head honchos at Windstone know, as that sort of behavior is not allowed here.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Natasha
                        Participant

Thanks, Jennifer. The harasser used the “email” link her the first time, then just used my email from then on. I blocked them both her and in my email, because it was makiing me nuts!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                          ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                          Mother: Okapi
                          Gothic - Mahogany
                          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Angelika_Zen
                          Participant

I will post a “want” Ad, if there’s a must-have. I have been guilty of the single PM to a collector who has a piece I would love to add to my collection, but it is just that, ONE message. I expect them to be deleted and forgotten about, as they have been… but I am always hoping for the slight chance that a deal can be struck…and it has happened! I have also had someone bother me, emailing me up to 8 times in a 2 hour period, all for a peice that was never for sale. Not ok!

I believe 99.9% of the collector here, are not like that. This is a great bunch and this is a great thread for those who think its ok to harass people about something in their collection.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

etruscan
                            Participant

The “Really Want” footnotes at the bottom of posts are useful too. Someplace there is a “Wish Lists” thread that was another way for people to list pieces they hoped to find, but it got hard to manage.

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

I used to have a footnote at the bottom of my post, but it disappeared when WS changed to WordPress. How do you do a footnote now? I can’t find where it’s done – do you know? I don’t want to have to enter a footnote each time….

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                                Participant

I don’t know for sure (I haven’t tried it) but I think it’s the field called “Forum Signature” – go to “Profile” and click on “Edit” and it will show one field for “Name” and below that is “Forum Signature”.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.