fbpx

People make me sick! – Pictures of Roxie! pg 3

Home Forums Miscellany Community People make me sick! – Pictures of Roxie! pg 3

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Don’t feel bad, you’ve tried everything, not just deciding to throw them out because they are inconvenient.

All of the animals I’ve had (except my parent’s dog, I think we got her from a farm somewhere for free) were rescues. Sugar and Spice were two abandoned kittens (by their mother) and were found under a trailer. Although Spice died when she was 2 from heart problems, Sugar lived to the ripe old age of 18 – even after battling terminal feline leukemia at 5. Mothball I don’t remember but I think her owners were throwing the kittens on the street, and Fluff came to our back door.

Kimi my current cat I got from the SPCA when she was about 1.

So I like people who would prefer to rescue cats and dogs rather then forget about all of these wonderful animals with their uniqueness and just go buy a purebred… for one, the rescue animals tend to be cheaper, so I don’t really see the appeal, considering the great benefits of getting a shelter animal!

keschete
    Participant

Kyrin wrote:

So, are you guys going to hate me for rehoming my two big dogs because they are a physical danger to my older dog Jewel? I love Sierra and Isabeau, but they literally try to kill Jewel if I let them out with her. And run over the kids in their eagerness to tear Jewel to bits. I am not completely sure why they hate her so much, but they do.

They get along fine with Ein our other little dog, the cats, the kids, (when Jewel isn’t in view), and the other two dogs we have. But Jewel has been in our family for 7 years, and the other two are young, only 2 years old. I think they will make great dogs for families in which they would be the only dog.

Kyrin

Absolutely not! You have a reason for rehoming your dogs and the operative word is that YOU rehomed them. You didn’t dump them at a kill shelter because you wanted a new puppy. The dog I picked up today didn’t do anything wrong. She is sweet, she gets along with my puppy, my cats and my other dogs.

Her owner basically “threw her out with the trash”. I rescue and I rehome adoptable dogs and I often keep the older dogs that no one wants. I often rehome more dominant dogs and I have a dog available right now for adoption. Czar is a 3 year old male who is trying to be boss and he needs a home with a strong owner. I screen the prospective owners and try to find forever homes.

I picked up Roxie today, the female 8 year old dog from the shelter. She has a skin allergy along her back and is missing some hair, otherwise she is just great.

She rode like a pro in the truck on the way home and she got really excited when I pulled into my neighborhood. I almost cried, I guess she thought she was going home.

She is adorable and I think she will fit in with the rest of the pack. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

The stupidity of people never cease to amaze me.

I went online today at Legalzoom.com and actually paid to incorporate a non profit 501 c 3 corp today. In 35 days I should have all the paperwork finished. The name I picked out was Tiny Terrors Min Pin and Dachshund Rescue. With that and a letter from my vet I can put dogs on petfinder and I can take donations (hopefully from myself) that are tax deductible. Who knows, I might actually be able to fundraise and get some volunteers.

I also went and got a book on developing a charity organization. At least it would be a good way to help fund taking in and caring for these older dogs πŸ™‚

The shelter I went to today is brand new, in the next county (parish) and the girl is in her 20’s and seems like she cares. I offered to help with all small breeds and I told her that I would help in any way I could as long as the shelter stayed clean and they were willing to accept my ideas. The cages and animals were clean and I was very impressed. I tried to encourage her to call me if she needed help.

Anyways, I will post some pictures of Roxie tomorrow, she is a very pretty dark red min pin. She seems like she will be a great addition and if I get her skin cleared up, I can start looking for her a new home.

Kaya

Jasmine
      Participant

Creating a charity is a wonderful idea. Hope it all works out for you!! πŸ™‚

Megan
        Participant

Aww… I know a min pin named Roxy, and she is the center of her human momma’s world πŸ™ Reading this thread made me sad, but I’m so happy you were able to give this little girl another chance.

Know what? I broke an iron-clad rule of mine today and bought a blue pearl curlie on a Buy It Now from eBay, because 100% of the sale price went to an animal charity auction. If you care for eBay at all, a few auctions or even a store there stocked with donated items might be a way to raise funds for your new charity. Just a thought πŸ™‚

purpledragonclaw
          Participant

Thanks for that info, Megani! I have never seen that kind of auction on e-bay, but I will keep my eyes peeled. Keschete, congratulations on Roxie! I hope she likes it with you and fits in!

lamortefille
            Participant

Kudos to you, Megani! πŸ˜€

siberakh1
              Participant

Wow, you’ve been busy Kaya! Glad Roxie is finding a new home πŸ˜€

keschete
                Participant

Here she is…what a sweetie, housetrained, sleeping in the bed with us, crate trained….why would anyone throw away an animal this sweet?

This is Czar..he is available for adoption, neutered, microchiped, house and crate trained, up to date on shots and HW prev. Sweet fella, good with female dogs and older children, needs supervision with small kids and cats/small pets.

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

Thank you for the pictures, keschete! She reminds me of my dog! She looks like such a sweetie! Why anyone would give away an animal that sweet is beyond me. 😑

Stephanie
                    Participant

Awww! Adorable! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                      Participant

How crappy that someone would give up their pet like that. Those dogs are lucky they have you… and lucky they are small. Old, big dogs are next to impossible to find homes for.

Awww Keschete, you’re pulling on my heart strings!

I’m so partial to Min Pins. My lifelong friend finally had to be let go last year. She was with me from the moment I rubbed her first heartbeat out of her to the moment that heartbeat stopped, a total of 14 years. And yes, she was a red.

Her mother could be really stubborn, but she was my first chosen pet (raised from birth) that was not a horse. When I lost her to a car a couple of years after the birth of that litter (in the middle of nowhere mind you πŸ‘Ώ ) I was so glad I had her daughter.

I’ve been so tempted to get another, but I already know from experience that there will not be another like her. Just like there was no replacing her mother.

Through the thread I kept thinking how wonderful you were for taking in those rescues and wished I could be as generous. Then it dawned on me, of the six critters I care for, four of them are rescues.

Duh!

I’m so glad you rescued her.

~Hoofer, sniffling darnit, but in a good way.

Starbreeze
                        Participant

Thanks for giving them another chance!!! They deserve it!!! πŸ™‚

darjeb
                          Participant

Some people should never have a pet because once they get tired of them or taking care of them they just throw them away like trash and they are not they are living, breathing animals who love you.

keschete
                            Participant

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Though I do not even actually think about saying no to a case like this, I get the call and if I think I can help, then I just say yes.

Update:
                              Roxie has been coughing and choking, not all the time, but periodically, and I live in south Louisiana. So we have a vet appointment Saturday to see if it is heart worms, heart trouble or allergies.

She is sleeping in the bed, snuggles on the sofa or in her personal basket. She really has been a jewel. Once she gets cleared by the vet, we can intoduce her to the pack and start her rehab. Usually dogs this old, live out their years with me, unless a special home pops up.

If you know anyone looking for an older dog that loves to snuggle, point them my way. I have three older red females that are older and all would love a home with someone who would snuggle with them.

This is Red and she is about 14 years old

Dixie is to the left and she is 9 years old and pup Kahlua is center and Red is to the right.

I think Roxie will fit in well with the old red girls club πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.