fbpx

Pegasus with paint damage

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Pegasus with paint damage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Northstar
    Participant

I recently acquired a male Pegasus but when he arrived I noticed his paint was odd. Almost like it was thin or missing in places but the weird thing is that it’s missing in the deeper crevices not like it was rubbed. From the pictures I thought is was dust that needed to be cleaned. Is this normal for older Windstones maybe? Or some sort of cleaning accident? Has anyone come across this before? My first thought was maybe a fake but he has a Windstone felt pad and glass eyes. Also I noticed the number 12 under his wing near his back. Does anyone know what the numbers mean? Sorry lots of questions but I thought this forum would be best for those that have seen paint issues.

etruscan
      Participant

When Windstone paints pieces they use a thin wash of a darker color to “antique” the item and make the details show. Is that what you are seeing?

The amount of antiquing can vary depending on who is painting the piece.

This is a guess – the 12 might denote the mold number (12th mold made for the male Pegasus). Windstone has to make new molds fairly frequently.

Northstar
        Participant

Thanks Etruscan! I’m familiar with the antiquing and dark washes but this seems different. I wish I could post a picture but it isn’t letting me.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Sharing a photo would help determine if it’s damage or something else going on… if you still have trouble posting a photo, you can email it to me and I can post it on your behalf.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.