fbpx

Pebbles ร  la Maya Hill?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Pebbles ร  la Maya Hill?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

I’d love.love.love to see Pabble Wolves get figured out somehow, I absolutely love the sculpt, and I can’t get enough of the GB wolves ๐Ÿ™‚ My household is currently harboring 8 of the GB wolves (6 of them are mine, 2 are my moms) Wolves done in that natural finish sound absolutely amazing..

We should try a wax finish on the wolves. They are big enough to hold onto while being polished.
      These pebble things are so darn smooth, ANY crumb or splat of an airbrush shows as a blemish on the surface. They are an absolute disaster as painted pieces.
      I could do another grab bag batch as “goof-ups “, like I did last time, but I guarantee they WOULD all be goofed-up.

I’d totally buy another goof-up GB of wolves ๐Ÿ˜€ Out of my pack, I either don’t even see the goof-up, or to me it adds character to them.. doesn’t bother me in the slightest! ๐Ÿ˜€ So if you get the urge to do another set of wolves, I’d be totally ok with that ๐Ÿ˜€ haha <3
      Ohhh.. Nettuce, Lichen and leafy wolves.. that'd be an AWESOME batch! I'd go straight crazy for a Nettuce wolfy ๐Ÿ˜€

'n ohh, wax finish? that intrigues me for sure! ๐Ÿ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

pbbt quoted myself instead of editing XD So extra page…

Anyway, my addition was safari wolves could be pretty badass too! If they’d work with you ๐Ÿ™‚

Misty
        Participant

Too bad you can’t treat these like real pebbles and throw them in a tumbler to polish them up =)

Rachel
          Participant

I really love the pebbles. Could you use just a gem in a hole left in the bottom? Or a tack of some sort? Or maybe you can use a vibratory tumbler?

I believe you about being difficult to paint. I’d be happy with unpainted ones, especially the sculpts that I don’t yet have. However, it might limit the number that people would want to purchase. Perhaps the tea/ink staining that someone mentioned?

pegasus4240
            Participant

Well, that’s too bad that you can’t color the gypsum before casting. I do like the stick idea and filling the hole with a pewter logo or maybe even a pebble. ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Angie

rock-reader
              Participant

What about the idea of having some type of stick put into the bottom of the mold as it’s drying then sanded off after it’s painted and finished?

Yes that was my idea, and it seems to work, but we would then need a nice way to finish the hole left in the bottom. I was thinking of making little pewter inserts with our logo that would both plug the hole and serve as a stamp. I think that would look cool.

I think the pewter logo would look great.

Melody
                Keymaster

I’d love.love.love to see Pabble Wolves get figured out somehow, I absolutely love the sculpt, and I can’t get enough of the GB wolves ๐Ÿ™‚ My household is currently harboring 8 of the GB wolves (6 of them are mine, 2 are my moms) Wolves done in that natural finish sound absolutely amazing..

We should try a wax finish on the wolves. They are big enough to hold onto while being polished.
                  These pebble things are so darn smooth, ANY crumb or splat of an airbrush shows as a blemish on the surface. They are an absolute disaster as painted pieces.
                  I could do another grab bag batch as “goof-ups “, like I did last time, but I guarantee they WOULD all be goofed-up.

Tea stain or equivalent technique? There have been some nice PYOs done with tea and with archival ink staining.

Stain looks great, when it works, but each casting takes stain differently and they don’t all turn out nice.

dragonmedley
                  Participant

So, seriously, would the unpainted option still stand? Let us figure out the finishing! And I’m thinking that a non-painted look would have its appeal.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

littleironhorse
                    Participant

So, seriously, would the unpainted option still stand? Let us figure out the finishing! And I’m thinking that a non-painted look would have its appeal.

I second this! I know that I’ve considered just putting eyes into the PYOs and keeping them unpainted. The sculpts are gorgeous enough to allow it.

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

I like this idea as well, PYO or not, I’d be fine with just a non painted one….

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

If there’s to be another goof up batch, let it be of the foxes, please!!! The wolf lovers had their turn. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I tend to think the PYO idea makes the most sense though. If there’s no good way to finish them in bulk, let the artists here cope with them one at a time. That way, you’re still making money off of them without wanting to tear your hair out in the process.

Lokie
                        Participant

The hope that I will someday get a bat-eared and artic fox is what keeps me going each day =P

The pewter bottom idea is neat. I’ll take it as a PYO as well. Honestly, anyway I can get one is good for me. They are so beautiful!

tempest618
                          Participant

I’m with you Lokie, I really want bat-eared and arctic foxes. I’ll take them any way I can get them.

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

I’m with you Lokie, I really want bat-eared and arctic foxes. I’ll take them any way I can get them.

*agrees* ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum

tdm

Kim
                              Blocked

I love foxes. I would rather a fox than a wolf.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.