fbpx

Peacock Emperor Horn Paint

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Peacock Emperor Horn Paint

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

lamortefille
      Participant

I have a Peacock Emperor with a horn that needs to be touched up. I noticed the horns are not gold, but more of a bronze? color. Can you tell me which paint or paint pen to buy to fix him up? I hate to keep asking Karen for touch-up paint. Thanks!

lamortefille wrote:

I have a Peacock Emperor with a horn that needs to be touched up. I noticed the horns are not gold, but more of a bronze? color. Can you tell me which paint or paint pen to buy to fix him up? I hate to keep asking Karen for touch-up paint. Thanks!

You actually didn’t ask me, but I repaired one and got a perfect match with Golden Copper paint. ๐Ÿ™‚

lamortefille
        Participant

That’s excellent, whippetluv! Thank you:)

Melody
          Keymaster

lamortefille wrote:

I can send you some touch up paint. Send me an email with your address and be prepared to remind me if you don’t get it quickly. I always forget who needs what. (I need a better way to keep track of this!)

Melody
            Keymaster

lamortefille wrote:

…Or just use Golden copper paint.

lamortefille
              Participant

Thank you for the offer, Melody. I appreciate it. ๐Ÿ˜€ I have to order my daughter’s PYO paint today and I will order some Golden copper.

WolfenMachine
                Participant

I too was able to mix up a perfect match with metallic gold and metallic copper. One drop of copper for 2 or 3 drops of gold.

lamortefille
                  Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

I too was able to mix up a perfect match with metallic gold and metallic copper. One drop of copper for 2 or 3 drops of gold.

Ah ha! It is a mixture of two colors? Too bad I missed this post:( Oh well, mine is painted now, in any case. I just repainted both horns and the other details on the head to match. It’s still not finished. I have to resculpt the horn, as it came out kind of sloppy:-/ I think I have an old, old Emperor. He is very washed out looking. The new details give him some “pop”, though.

Is the Golden copper supposed to be a different consistency or did I happen to receive an old bottle? Mine is very thick. It paints fine with a bit of retarder, but I was just wondering about it. I must have ordered 25 colors, but this is the only one that is so thick.

lamortefille wrote:

WolfenMachine wrote:

Ah ha! It is a mixture of two colors? Too bad I missed this post:( Oh well, mine is painted now, in any case. I just repainted both horns and the other details on the head to match. It’s still not finished. I have to resculpt the horn, as it came out kind of sloppy:-/ I think I have an old, old Emperor. He is very washed out looking. The new details give him some “pop”, though.

Is the Golden copper supposed to be a different consistency or did I happen to receive an old bottle? Mine is very thick. It paints fine with a bit of retarder, but I was just wondering about it. I must have ordered 25 colors, but this is the only one that is so thick.

Yeah mine is thick too!

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Mine is thick too- must be the way they got the metal particles/pigments in this particular paint? ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

lamortefille
                      Participant

Cool, thanks for the info, ladies! I’m new to all of this.

I would like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge, hints and advice. This is a great group. ๐Ÿ˜€

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

I used cheap craft store paint and it was not too thick at all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.