fbpx

Peacock Color

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Peacock Color

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

I am wondering, did the peacock color change over the years? The peacock color I remember drooling over in the Wicks and Sticks that we had here was a darker color without such a beautiful intence blue on it. It had more non-rich colors… (that sound bad but I really LOVED that color).

In your gallery you have a peacock mother and a emepeacock mother nose to nose. That peacock color is the color that I remember, not the one I am seeing on the OW’s that are a rich blue.
      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/galleries/displayimage.php?album=16&pos=19

I am trying to gather pics for a visual aid and I am waiting for promission from people first before I make it since those are not my pics and not my dragons! πŸ™‚

Stephanie
      Participant

Skigod377
        Participant

The newer dragons, like the fledes, spectrals, and the Old Warriors have more colors on them. A pretty green and more vibrant (it seems) blue. There are discussions about it around here somewhere. They have changed a bit over the years, it seems.

Stephanie
          Participant

That is what I thought. I know I missed out on the OW’s… MAN I want one but not willing to bid for it on Ebay, my pockets don’t run that deep! lol

Starbreeze
            Participant

The original peacock OW had more muted purple and a champagne/purple color on his chest. Later the colors became more vibrant. I like both versions of peacock, but I prefer the peacock on my OW. I got him at Wicks & Sticks, when the peacock line was first produced. Here he is. You can’t really see his chest here, but I can take more pics if anyone wants them. Also, this is with flash. πŸ™‚

Stephanie
              Participant

Oh yeah! That is PRETTY! I missed out on that color! Dang it! Heck I’ll take more pics!!! πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
                Participant

Okay…I’ll take a couple more. I’ll have to say he is one of my favorites. When my son was little, he used to kiss him because he felt bad because the dragon had boo-boos!!! πŸ˜† My son was looking at him recently and very tactfully stated me that my OW would be his when I was gone!!! πŸ™„

Melody
                  Keymaster

Serenity wrote:

I am wondering, did the peacock color change over the years? The peacock color I remember drooling over in the Wicks and Sticks that we had here was a darker color without such a beautiful intence blue on it. It had more non-rich colors… (that sound bad but I really LOVED that color).

In your gallery you have a peacock mother and a emepeacock mother nose to nose. That peacock color is the color that I remember, not the one I am seeing on the OW’s that are a rich blue.
                    http://www.windstoneeditions.com/galleries/displayimage.php?album=16&pos=19
                    r
                    I am trying to gather pics for a visual aid and I am waiting for promission from people first before I make it since those are not my pics and not my dragons! πŸ™‚Everyone has pretty much answered for me, but yes there are two colors of Peacock. The older pieces such as the original family ( male Mother hatcher and young)were painted with the darker colors. Other dragons have the brighter colors. We thought that the brighter colors looked better in gift stores, but we didn’t want to use those colors on the old dragons that had already been issued in the dark colors, because then the family members wouldn’t match each other.
                    It is possible that there are old dark peacock Rising Spectrals or Scratchers out there, I think we made a few before we switched paint. Another thing to watch for on Ebay.
                    What do you want permission for?

Stephanie
                    Participant

Well, my pockets don’t go that deep for Ebay. πŸ˜› Some of those go for lots of money.

Stephanie
                      Participant

Quote:

What do you want permission for?

I thought since I didn’t take the pictures of the dragons and they are other peoples dragons it would be wrong just to post them somewhere else.

I won’t need to now since my question has been answered. πŸ˜›

I don’t like posting other peoples pics without permission from them first! πŸ™‚ Unless it is quoteing, then they are attached anyways! πŸ˜›

Starbreeze
                        Participant

Here you go. I took him outside for some fresh air. πŸ˜†

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

Ohh he’s pretty!

Travistie
                            Participant

That is a beautiful OW! I was never a huge fan of the peacock color… but the OW looks great in it. Maybe you ought to keep a close eye on your son starbreeze! πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                              Participant

I think so!!! He certainly keeps a close eye on all my Windstones!!! πŸ˜†

Stephanie
                                Participant

OoOoOoOoOooo Thanks! He is indeed very pretty!!! πŸ˜€

Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.