fbpx

Peacock Coiled Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Peacock Coiled Dragon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

I have a very minor repair issue. My coiled dragon is missing its forehead crystal.

I just bought a peacock coiled dragon off eBay–the seller claims the piece is brand new and in almost every respect it is. However, the poor thing is missing its identifying aquamarine crystal from its forehead. Does anybody know the size of the Swarovski crystal that fits there? Or where I can easily purchase one of a size/shape/ that would fit? I have a couple of online jewelry stores I frequent, but any specifics from “professional” Windstone rehabbers would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Prezaurian
      Participant

Hm, I’m not a ‘professional’ rehabber by any means…but I do know of an Etsy store that has a very nice crystal selection.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MoonSpheres?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=swarovski%20crystal%201mm&ref=sc_gallery_2

MoonSpheres is an excellent seller. I’ve purchased from her several times now. And she has an excellent assortment of swarovski crystals. However, I don’t know the size of the crystal in the coiled dragon’s forehead. ^_^; I don’t own one so I can’t measure for you either. Maybe someone else can?

Hm, I’m not a ‘professional’ rehabber by any means…but I do know of an Etsy store that has a very nice crystal selection.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MoonSpheres?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=swarovski%20crystal%201mm&ref=sc_gallery_2

MoonSpheres is an excellent seller. I’ve purchased from her several times now. And she has an excellent assortment of swarovski crystals. However, I don’t know the size of the crystal in the coiled dragon’s forehead. ^_^; I don’t own one so I can’t measure for you either. Maybe someone else can?

It’s either 3, 3.5 or 4 mm. My ruler is hard to tell, hope this helps. πŸ™‚

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
        www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
        Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

WolfenMachine
        Participant

If you email Susie (Susie@Windstoneeditions.com) she MAY be able to send you one. Since it’s second hand, I dont know, but in the past I received a piece direct from Windstone who had run off before he was bejeweled and she sent me a replacement πŸ™‚

Laura
          Participant

Hi prezaurian and thanks for the link. Even if I don’t find a replacement crystal there, I’m sure to find something else to spend my money on. I’m a magpie, so anything sparkly is my weakness. πŸ˜‰ 96037, thank you for the measurements, it definitely narrows down things. πŸ™‚ WolfenMachine, thank you for that email address. I contacted the eBay vendor who I bought the piece from and she said she got it direct from Windstone without the crystal; she even looked in all the shipping boxes to make sure it hadn’t fallen out and never found anything. So I think perhaps this dragon was also run off before he had the chance to get all crystallized. I will definitely try Susie first.

Thanks again for everyone’s helpful comments! πŸ™‚

twindragonsmum
            Participant

….I’m a magpie, so anything sparkly is my weakness. πŸ˜‰

Ha!!!! Another magpie sister!!! Welcome to the club – you’re in good company here; plenty of us magpies!!!!! πŸ˜‰ :bigsmile:

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.