fbpx

PCApothecary, and where I've been

Home Forums Miscellany Community PCApothecary, and where I've been

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Author

Just got the sampler pack today, as well as the Blue Willow perfume! Even Colin likes the perfume, and he’ll avoid the perfume section of a department store like it’s on fire! I think that’s because it’s a more subtle scent, more then nothing, but not overpowering. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think my favorite scents from the body butters are the Blue Willow, Twilight Gypsy, Moonlight Mojito and the Nearly Naked is perfect for work (where I’m not allowed scented stuff – was using nivea cream but it’s gross feeling). These leave my hands soft and not greasy, I love them.

And now I know what everyone’s raving about! Yay!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Purplecat
    Participant

Oh awesome!!! I had been wondering if your package had arrived yet, I nearly posted a question asking about it~! I’m really happy you like them!

Oh, and I extended the free art giveaway sale thing to last through the end of the month. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fritochick (Mary)
      Participant

Hi-just ordered soap—–WOW what a selection. Some sound good enough to eat!! I volunteer at a nursing home—-I’m taking them in when I get them for ALL TO SMELL!!!!

Laurie
        Participant

Places to sell, Flea Markets, farmer’s markets, home and garden shows, resorts. ๐Ÿ˜‰

twindragonsmum
          Participant

I REALLY like Fire Topaz and Dragon Butter – but there are still a whole lot more I need to try! PC, the butters are fabulous; non greasy, soak into my skin nicely and no ITCHING this summer!!! LOVE it!

twindragonsmum :love:

tdm

etruscan
            Participant

I FINALLY placed an order! I was excited to see all the new perfumes, and just HAD to try the Leather [scented] soap. Now I have to wait for the goodies to arrive.

Purplecat
              Participant

I saw that! I should be able to mail out your order tomorrow morning, and you’ll also have a free surprise in there as part of the July Art Giveaway I’ve been doing, since your order was over $60.

Oh! Before I forget, I’d like to remind any folks who’ve ordered in the past not to forget feedback! It took me a little while to find the Etsy feedback tab when I first started using it myself, so I thought I’d mention it. For scented products, feedback can be a wonderful reference.

There are a few new scents I’ve put together in the past month…the only one whose individual listing hasnt been put up yet is the new Honeycomb scent, due to the fact I need to get it’s photo shoot done.

This month’s new butter scents are:

Unravelled Dreams–
                A cozy blend of amber, sandalwood, dark chocolate, faint hints of espresso and mulberry. The smell I associate with late nights reading, curled in a blanket on my reading chair.

Dawns Garden–
                The smell of my backporch garden at sunrise. Fresh green tomato leaf, moss roses, sunflower, rosemary and the wet tang of morning dew. A delightful ‘green’ garden scent.

Wish You Were Here–
                Delicate freesia blossoms on a warm tropical breeze, with light hints of ocean saltwater. This scent has a wonderful backstory. It was a special request from a friend who desired a scent reminiscent of her honeymoon in Jamaica….tropical freesia blossoms, with the lightest touch of ocean air.

Honeycomb–
                The raw and pure scent of honey goodness. A scent of pure summer, harvested sunshine dripping from the comb.

The honeycomb scent is available, and already listed as an option for the multi-packs, but the individual full size tub listing isnt up yet. If you’re wanting one, just send me a note we’ll fix you up. ๐Ÿ™‚

The ‘Wish You Were Here’ scent came out so awesome…I didnt expect it to become one of my favorites, but it has….soooo wonderful.

etruscan
                Participant

My soaps and spray perfume are wonderful. The scents are multi-layered but subtle (a whisper rather than a scream). I don’t shop Bath and Body Works or Crabtree and Evelyn [I’m ready to sneeze just thinking about it], so I can’t judge their prices for comparable items, but PC’s prices compare well with the “specialty” soaps I see in grocery or drug stores.

Purplecat
                  Participant

Oh! Hannah! I FINALLLLY got a Cherry Blossom scent blend that I’m happy with!

I poked and prodded at it forever…and went through several types of cherry blossom oils before I found what I was looking for.

It’s not a ‘straight up’ cherry blossom smell, I blended it with a couple of complimentary notes for a really wonderful combination….I’m not really sure whether thats what you were hoping for, but I thought I’d post and let you know!

I made a few different products in that scent…so I’m just going to post a general link. If you only want to look at products in that scent, use the search function up above, but make sure the tab selected is the “this shop” tab. Just search ‘cherry blossom’ and it should pull everything up.

Link to store

http://www.etsy.com/shop/purplecatcreatives?ref=si_shop

Hannah
                    Participant

Oh! Hannah! I FINALLLLY got a Cherry Blossom scent blend that I’m happy with!

Lol! I wish you could have seen my face right then.. I clicked on this thread and was staring at my calender for a second there, not paying attention.. and suddenly my name caught my eye and I was all 0_0 (that’s supposed to look surprised!) XD

I’m so happy that you told me about this because I was just thinking the past couple of days how I need to place another order with you soon – it will definitely be on my list of must-tries (with about a half dozen other scents!) this upcoming week when I can afford another order ๐Ÿ˜€

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kelly
                      Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ I placed an order this morning. Cant wait to try them.

Purplecat
                        Participant

You’ll definately have to let me know what you think of it!

I love hearing what people think of different scents.

Got your order crowfeather! I’ll be putting it together today and mailing it out first thing in the morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

Purplecat
                          Participant

Oh!

I’m trying out an idea to see if it’ll help keep the scent selections available from becoming too stagnant….I’ll be discontinuing certain scents at the onset of fall, and doing the same at the start of spring.

I posted a blog entry with the lists of scents I’ll be dubbing ‘spring/summer’ type fragrances. If you have any suggestions regarding this, let me know~!

Link to the official notice:

http://purplecatcreativeswhatsnew.blogspot.com/2011/08/its-that-time-of-year-when-autumn-is.html

Hannah
                            Participant

Gah! I’m going to need to order me some Lilac soon then – that was one of the scents I wanted to try last time but didn’t get a chance to!

It sounds like (from the way I read the page) you’d still be able to do the summer scents in the winter, but there would be an extra wait for it, is that about right? (I’m mostly worried that you’ll discontinue Hothouse Roses in the spring, since that’s been my favorite by far!!)

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Purplecat
                              Participant

I’m already out of the ‘full size’ Eternal Lilac butter! I still have soaps and the sample sized butters though, for the moment.

Yes…any scent can be ordered any time of year, the biggest difference is you’d have to order a full batch of it. Which isnt too bad really…everything I make is made in small batches.

For example…a ‘batch’ of full size butters is only two tubs. A batch of soap is five bars…but even then it only adds up to approximately $25, which is still quite manageable as a purchase amount.

‘Hothouse Roses’ is going to be a ‘core’ scent…one that I keep constantly in the scent line-up.

It is more of a summery smell…but honestly it’s one I wear more than any other scent when it comes to the butters and perfumes…often enough that my children think of it as ‘my’ scent. ‘Cheshire Chai’ is probably second place for me.

‘Strawberry Ambrosia’ is another scent that’s really summery..but will probably stay a constant because my oldest daughter would probably be heartbroken if I discontinued it for any reason….it’s ‘her’ scent.

Small batches of already established recipes dont take very long to do…so there might be a three or four day wait before I can mail it out, but rarely would it be longer than that.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 124 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.