fbpx

PCApothecary, and where I've been

Home Forums Miscellany Community PCApothecary, and where I've been

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

I can certainly make some solid perfume in that scent! If you’re sure you’d like some, I can make some up this weekend and mail it out with the rest of your order on Monday. email me at purpletabby@gmail.com if you would like to do that, and it’d save you on shipping.

Oh, the Dragon Butter scent is one I ADORE in soap. It makes a very luxurious scent for using in soap form.

Email sent. Thanks!!

LadyFirebird
      Participant

I just ordered your sampler set of body butters and gave the six scents I would like. I hope you have these in mini because I wanted to try them. They sound wonderful and look forward to my order arriving. Let me know if you don’t have the scents I requested. 🙂

Purplecat
        Participant

No worries, I have all of the scents you requested! I’ll be mailing them out tomorrow morning!

WolfenMachine
          Participant

PC, my BF’s mom was saying how her hands get so dry, and I told her about your website. I wrote down how to find you on etsy, so if you get an order from Cypress, Tx, that’s her! She and my BF both like the Fire Topaz I carry around. It was funny, my BF stepped in “That stuff is great!” He’s one of your salesmen too!

Purplecat
            Participant

Oh, that would be wonderful!

Thank you so much for telling them about my website, and this project! I cant think of a better way for people to hear about me!

It also gives me a huge sense of joy knowing you enjoy my products enough to suggest them to other people…this is really a huge statement, and I cant begin to express my gratitude.

I sat here for a moment trying to find something profound or at least…bigger to say…so I can express how much it means to me, but I come up short on words, all I can really say is thank you!

Aww, Dragon I hope that you get it in time for your wedding!! May I ask when the date is? My brother is getting married tomorrow – it’s been a crazy year, culminating in (for me) a lot of baking, and a lot of opinion-giving to my soon-to-be sister in law 🙂 I’m excited and a little nervous and I’m not even in the wedding!

It’s August 6, but I’d need to receive the package before the last day of July (I’ll be driving up to my fiance’s hometown then). Although they did pass “Back to work” legislation last week, we should begin to receive mail again tomorrow! Hopefully they don’t decide to run it over with a truck because they’re mad at the legislation. O.o And I still don’t know if I’m excited or terrified – I’m terribly introverted so being the center of attention, so not my thing.

Purplecat
              Participant

Awwww! A huge congrats to you Dragon87 on your wedding! I really hope your package arrives in time! I heard that they’re going back to work on shipping things today, (at least the lockout here has ended) and I’d think they should arrive any day now.

If they do run over it with a truck just let me know and I’ll send you more, and we’ll call it a wedding gift (wink).

I’m really introverted too…..Chris and I simply eloped and were married at the courthouse. I figured it’s really the marriage that counts, so I was happy not to deal with the stress of being the center of attention.

However, as a cake decorator I truly loved being a part of the weddings that I did cakes for. Weddings can truly be a wonderful celebration for the beginning of a joined life. I’d really love seeing pictures of yours if you’d enjoy sharing them after!

Awwww! A huge congrats to you Dragon87 on your wedding! I really hope your package arrives in time! I heard that they’re going back to work on shipping things today, (at least the lockout here has ended) and I’d think they should arrive any day now.

If they do run over it with a truck just let me know and I’ll send you more, and we’ll call it a wedding gift (wink).

I’m really introverted too…..Chris and I simply eloped and were married at the courthouse. I figured it’s really the marriage that counts, so I was happy not to deal with the stress of being the center of attention.

However, as a cake decorator I truly loved being a part of the weddings that I did cakes for. Weddings can truly be a wonderful celebration for the beginning of a joined life. I’d really love seeing pictures of yours if you’d enjoy sharing them after!

My grandmother would kill me if I didn’t have a wedding. There’s only 60 or so people though – so I should be okay. I know all of them too, which is even better.

And I’ll probably have a *W00t I’m Married* thread come up when it happens. 🙂

Kujacker
                Participant

My brother’s wedding only had about 15-20 people. In fact they had it in New Mexico just because they knew most of their friends wouldn’t go. They didn’t want a huge wedding!

Hahaha totally hijacked this thread! LOL Sorry PC!

And I thought about eloping, but I’d really rather have a party where the people I WANT to come actually can – and those people can’t afford an elopment ceremony. Maybe I should’ve only invited 15 people… lol. 65 isn’t bad though. I should be able to spend time with most if not all of my guests that way, without feeling overwhelmed.

Maybe we can get back to poor PCs topic? I feel bad for hijacking this one! 😉

etruscan
                  Participant

OK – back to soap and body butters! It is very helpful to read “reviews” of the various scents from people who have tried them. Thanks to everybody who has posted information. I would never have considered ordering “Blue Willow” soap, but now I think I’ll try it (and certainly the rose, and maybe the lemon …)

P.S. What does an “amber” scent smell like? Is the name from ambergris rather than fossilized tree sap? Thanks.

Purplecat
                    Participant

Amber scented products are taking their scent cue from ambergris.

It has a sweet earthy scent, with a bit of spice on the edge, in my opinion. I like the fact that it can be used as a blender with many scent types and work nicely. Ambergris is good to use in scent blends that are more ‘out on a date’ type scents. It can be a challenge to find a truly good ambergris oil, but I’m rather picky.

Today’s ambergris are synthetic (and all I can say to that is thank god)…but here’s the wikipedia origin cut/paste of ambergris:

“Ambergris ( /ˈæmbəɡriːs/, Latin: Ambra grisea, Ambre gris, ambergrease or grey amber) is a solid, waxy, flammable substance of a dull gray or blackish color produced in the digestive system of and regurgitated or excreted by sperm whales.”

(In my opinion….this is one of those cases where I use a synthetic scent oil blend over the real deal, and quite gladly) I was a bit weirded out when I first learned the origins of ambergris, and quit wearing amber blends for …..a week? before owning up to the fact that I’ve liked the scent for years, and I needed to be more honest with myself.

In the end I concluded that I like the scent of artificial aged whale puke, and that’s that.

I hope I’ve been some help! (without putting you off from trying amber scent blends…..)

etruscan
                      Participant

Thanks – I had a vague recollection that ambergris was associated with whales and, given the declining whale populations, I wasn’t sure how ambergris was still available. I’m glad to know that now there are synthetic versions. Maybe I will try it.

Purplecat
                        Participant

You’re very welcome! (I’m glad to know there are synthetic versions too…though there are still those who use the real thing, going with a synthetic is more enviromentally friendly in this case—-not to mention I’m not sure how I’d feel about wearing the real thing.)

Ah, also…Now through July 14th I’m popping a free sculpture into any merchandise order $60 or more….I’m in a serious need for space again, and figured doing a giveaway is the best solution for too many test paints and oddball colors.

There’s a notice at the top of my etsy store..but it’s small, and although it’s expandable, I cant make the notice itself any bigger, so I wasnt sure how visible it would be.

LadyFirebird
                          Participant

Just got my mini sampler pack and these butters are wonderful! So far my favorites are Dragon Butter, Sensual Sandalwood and Twilight Gypsy. Some of the scents mellow out once you’ve had them on a while and give off a very pleasant scent. Okay, I’m hooked as well! Will try and take advantage of your sculpt give-away this month.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 124 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.