fbpx

Ow, my credit card.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Ow, my credit card.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Well I just purchased 7 1oz and 2 4oz containers of Golden paint and one container of GAC 100. That’s 15 oz of paint. $80 (with shipping)! Let it never be said I don’t use quality materials on these! πŸ˜† Really though, for what I got, it was less than retail. Most of the time these 1oz bottles are $7+/ea depending on the series number. My paint alone last time I got it cost well over $150. I can’t even fathom how much the Factory spends on paint. Thousands of dollars, I’m sure. 😯

Well, at least now I can get back to work on the moon griffin and her chicks!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Skigod377
        Participant

Geeez! Severe! I feel ya. I have done it a few times. I keep hoping that the pricey-er the paint, the better my painting. πŸ™„ Your results are awesome, though so it must be worth it!! πŸ˜‰

Maria
          Participant

Oof! I didn’t realize paint was so expensive – or that it could account for so much of the price of a Windstone…

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Oof! I didn’t realize paint was so expensive – or that it could account for so much of the price of a Windstone…

A lot goes into them! πŸ™‚ Quality is important.

Maria
              Participant

Yep! That’s why we buy. πŸ˜€

LOL good ol’ Golden brand, always so pricey LOL πŸ˜†

Akeyla
                Participant

say, where do you buy your colors? got a good hint?(golden and other good acrylics)
                  only just last week I calculated via catalogue the amount of the minimal I’d need for some exhibit works and… ouch my eyes still hurt. I felt like starting a fire and switching to charcoal artwork…

I get mine at Dick-Blick…Or just Blick. I can never remember which one it is now. πŸ™„

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

I usually get them from Dick Blick too.. some of the best prices I can find!

Nambroth wrote:

Well I just purchased 7 1oz and 2 4oz containers of Golden paint and one container of GAC 100. That’s 15 oz of paint. $80 (with shipping)! Let it never be said I don’t use quality materials on these! πŸ˜† Really though, for what I got, it was less than retail. Most of the time these 1oz bottles are $7+/ea depending on the series number. My paint alone last time I got it cost well over $150. I can’t even fathom how much the Factory spends on paint. Thousands of dollars, I’m sure. 😯

Well, at least now I can get back to work on the moon griffin and her chicks!!

Oooo, you said chicks. Sweet.

John
                    Keymaster

Nambroth wrote:

Much of the paint we use is now well over $250 per gallon, wholesale.

John wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

Much of the paint we use is now well over $250 per gallon, wholesale.

Wow, that is expensive at least to me.

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Me too!!! 😯

SPark
                        Participant

I remember reading once a list of “things by the gallon” that was just sort of showing that a gallon of gas being three bucks wasn’t actually that expensive, when you consider other fluids we buy, and how much they would cost if we bought them by the gallon.

I mean, there’s 128 fluid ounces in a gallon. Even then $1 a bottle cheap paint would be $64 for a whole gallon of the stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.