our website.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Copper83
    Participant

So, why is the product catalog shown 3 times on the home page, in 3 different sizes of text?

John
      Keymaster

copper83 wrote:

So, why is the product catalog shown 3 times on the home page, in 3 different sizes of text?

Because Tom posted a page that we were working on to improve the index page, before it was ready to post. I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to strangle him.

John
        Keymaster

The Castle [Dave wrote:

“]The problem of the missing OW Dragon on the home page appears to be its z-index stack placing. Right now it is set at -1, which somehow is putting it behind the visible page on Firefox, etc. I tried changing it to 1 on the fly and it then shows up fine. Unfortunately I can’t do the same thing for, What’s it called? The Microsoft browser? So I don’t know what effect (if any) it would have there.

Anyway, can someone pass this on to either Tom or the other Nice Guy?
          Dave thanks so much for informing us (Tom) as to how to fix this.

Rusti
          Participant

John wrote:

copper83 wrote:

Because Tom posted a page that we were working on to improve the index page, before it was ready to post. I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to strangle him.

Bad boss, no cookie! ;P

Purplecat
            Participant

I nearly went cross-eyed looking at it the first time trying desperately to find the ‘forum’ button! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Maria
              Participant

On the homepage? It looks fine to me – no different than yesterday.

Maria
                Participant

Ah, never mind. The catalog is a real jungle. πŸ˜†

Purplecat
                  Participant

Hehe…yep! πŸ˜†

John wrote:

Tom posted a page that we were working on to improve the index page…

I miss the violin. I don’t think having “Alberti Design” relegated to being a simple text link is going to have much appeal to anyone looking for your site who lands at the root directory.

More to the point, though, I always liked the juxtaposition of your violin with the sculptures. As a visitor to the site, there to look at works of art, it reinforced my own feeling of sophistication, which is always a good thing.

Purplecat
                    Participant

I have no musical ability whatever but I did enjoy the look of the violin with the dragon. πŸ™‚

John
                      Keymaster

purplecat wrote:

I have no musical ability whatever but I did enjoy the look of the violin with the dragon. πŸ™‚

Yeah, I liked it too but I also have to admit it is much more clear how to navigate with the new buttons and less stuff. That is an historicaly significant violin that has been in the family fo three generations and it’s really a pretty piece but we don’t get enough traffic for anybody to even inquire about it. The text only link is ok for that reason as well. I am bringing traffic in straight to the Alberti page now from Google ads.

Purplecat
                        Participant

Ah, oh well…it was very nice looking up there. I’ve wished many times I could have just one drop of musical talent, but i’m totally tone-deaf… πŸ˜•

Jasmine
                          Participant

I’m on Firefox and there seems to be a small problem with the placement of the text and buttons. Your logo is overlapping your email addy and the top button is overlapping the “Find a Windstone brick and mortar dealer and view our”…plus the text isn’t a complete sentence (as shown in the quote).

John
                            Keymaster

Jasmine wrote:

I’m on Firefox and there seems to be a small problem with the placement of the text and buttons. Your logo is overlapping your email addy and the top button is overlapping the “Find a Windstone brick and mortar dealer and view our”…plus the text isn’t a complete sentence (as shown in the quote).

We will take a look at that tomorrow. Thanks.

Jasmine wrote:

… and the top button is overlapping the “Find a Windstone brick and mortar dealer and view our”…plus the text isn’t a complete sentence (as shown in the quote).

If you read the background text, then the button text, you get a complete sentence. It’s just not so obvious because it’s unexpected (mostly due to the differing styles).

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.