our website.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo! *jumps up and down and waves hands in the air* I’m unashamedly begging! Pleeeaase!

twindragonsmum
      Pssst…don’t tell but I’ve begged to often that now I don’t want to be to ovious about it. 😳

I’ll be obvious for the both of us! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum

tdm

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Yeah- you really need a dragon or something on the MAIN splash page. I have talked to several people that have said that seeing naught but the violin and the Maya Hill piece turned them from the site. If you want to capture more online sales of the Fantasy/M Pena line then you need to have something eye-catching on that main splash page. It can make or break it. Most people spend on average less than 5-10 seconds browsing a site that doesn’t catch their attention immediately. It sucks but with the internet being so huge and competitive, you’ve gotta get their attention and hold it immediately.

I also really appreciate and respect the message before entering the store- about asking people to shop locally first- but that click-through step may be loosing you customers. If there is a way to incoperate that into the store somehow so that a user does not have to click through another splash page to access the store, that would be ideal.

Same thing for the copyrights blurb when entering the main Windstone site. It’s great info and it should be seen- but adding a whole page of information just to get to the main site is going to lose you a lot of hits.

The layout on the main site is confusing. The eye jumps around everywhere and misses information. There are still people that don’t know you guys have an eBay sales gallery for heaven’s sake, and it’s listed right there. The eye just doesn’t know what to rest on to read. On this main page I would have an easily readable, large text column of links:

PRODUCT CATALOG

WINDSTONE ONLINE STORE AND AUCTIONS

COLLECTOR’S INFORMATION

FORUMS AND GALLERIES

NEW PRODUCTS

DEALER INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT AND USAGE

On this main page each of those would be a link to a sub-page. The main page can have a blurb of info about What and Who Windstone Editions is. Unless you click though all the links as it stands- a new user really has no idea what Windstone is! Ack!

On the PRODUCT CATALOG page, you would of course have links to the following, along with a blurb perhaps about the quality of Windstones and the craftsmanship. Tell people what they are about to see!
        * Dragons
        * Griffins
        * Gargoyles
        * Unicorns
        * Pegasus
        * Wizards
        * Mermaids
        * Stone Kittens
        * Bookends

* Wall Sconces
        * Candlelamps I
        * Candlelamps II
        * Garden Art
        * Art Prints
        * Artist’s Bios
        * Maya Hill’s Forms of the Feminine Spirit

The WINDSTONE AUCTIONS AND ONLINE STORE page of course would have the blurb about encouraging people to seek local retailers, and the following links:

# Windstone Online Store
        Our Cafepress Store
        # eBay Auctions
        Find A Dealer

I would also add the eBay sales Gallery link on this page.

The COLLECTOR’S INFORMATION subpage would have a blurb about how collectors can stay informed by visiting the following links:

* Stay Informed
        Before You Order Online
        News Page
        * Collectors Please Read
        * Marketing Mgr Needed
        * eBay Sales Gallery
        * Retired Pieces

The FORUMS AND GALLERIES subpage of course would have the following:

* Stay Informed
        Forums
        * Galleries

The NEW PRODUCTS page of course is pretty self explanatory!! A benefit to keeping this a subpage- easier and faster to update as you make new products!

COPYRIGHT AND USAGE should be self explanitory.

DEALER INFORMATION page should have the dealer requirements, and perhaps some info on HOW to become a dealer. The requirements are a little vague (though nice to have). Perhaps have an incentive to dealers on this page, such as the store display Secret Keeper contest you held before.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

BDW
        Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo! *jumps up and down and waves hands in the air* I’m unashamedly begging! Pleeeaase!

twindragonsmum
          Pssst…don’t tell but I’ve begged to often that now I don’t want to be to ovious about it. 😳

twindragonsmum

Then I’m totaly busted! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Pegasi1978
          Participant

I agree with Nambroth that the site needs some reorganization and her suggestions on how to do it are really good. The only reason I know where everything on the site is because I have explored it so much.

One suggestion for the store would be to add a link on the PYO order page to the eye and jewel colors page (or incorporate it into the page) so people can see what colors they are getting when the order a PYO.

BDW
            Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

One suggestion for the store would be to add a link on the PYO order page to the eye and jewel colors page (or incorporate it into the page) so people can see what colors they are getting when the order a PYO.

I’ve included a link to the eye and jewel colors page in the Important links for all new members a few weeks ago so you can refer to it there also.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Here is a graphic I threw together in about 5 minutes to demonstrate what I mean. This is just a suggestion, but it ‘reads’ much better than what you have now. There’s too much trying to occupy the same space on the current page. Try and break it up and make it easier for folks to navigate. Give them a visual of what you’re about. And tell them simply what Windstone is!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Tyrrlin
                Participant

*laughs* I didn’t think one could sell Nirvanacat’s cleavage on a website….is that a fantasy purchase?

*giggles, ducks and runs*

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Purely fantasy.

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

I’ve included a link to the eye and jewel colors page in the Important links for all new members a few weeks ago so you can refer to it there also.

Oh I know you included it there, but if random people “off the street” were to find the store and want to order a PYO as it stands right now, they won’t know exactly what color they are getting until it arrives unless they order a Muse.

Which reminds me I know that there are three eye color combinations for the muse, but why does it have to be in the store for each option? It would work just as well if there was one muse that had the three options under it (like how the other PYOs are now) and it would take up less space on the page.

Maebnus3 wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

I am on the page and it’s there. All 3 are there: the violin, next to it is the lap and then the maya sculpture. 😯 πŸ˜• I don’t understand why I see it and you don’t.

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/
                      I just checked on a hunch… It’s the browser! I can’t see it on Firefox (what I normally use), but it’s there on Internet Explorer! πŸ˜• How do you fix something like that?

BPB, do you use Firefox too?

Same here. I use Firefox and I don’t see a dragon.

Rusti
                      Participant

I’m missing the dragon too.

I second Nam’s organizational suggestions, but I think I’d lose the umpteen images of dragons on the page and save them for the image gallery/shop and pick one sculpt, the old warrior or secret keeper, or another impressive sculpt to sit next to the navigation menu.

With all the dragons on the page your eye still jumps a bit.

Use Windstone’s graphical griffin logo instead of the plaintext. It’s more eyecatching and includes your branding.

I’d also suggest a layout for the rest of the site that’s very similar, if not identical, to the store’s layout. The store is very easy to navigate, I can get to where I want to go very quickly and the menu is right there to the side if I want to go elsewhere instead of clicking the ‘back’ button.

So, menu to the right, logo as the top banner and content to the left of and below the banner. Like the margins on a sheet of notebook paper, really.

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum

twindragonsmum

Then I’m totaly busted! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Yeah, me too πŸ™ but it’s a fun way to go broke! (don’t tell my hunny 😈 😈 😈 )

tdm

Rusti
                          Participant

I needed a break from what I was doing. Just expanding on Nam’s ideas!

This is what I mean!:

Bob

BiPolarBear wrote:

You need to bring back the dragon image on the front page. I talk to people online and send them to this site to view your dragons and such now they may just look at the site not see any dragons or fantasy creatures and leave thinking its just a violin and feminine spirit store. Show the old warrior or secret keeper. or even a collage of a few products of each type.

We NEED dragons on the above!!
                              VERY GOOD IDEA!!

Tyrrlin wrote:

*laughs* I didn’t think one could sell Nirvanacat’s cleavage on a website….is that a fantasy purchase?

*giggles, ducks and runs*

I’m not sure which is worst, this or the black chicks for sale. YOu had better be careful or Al Sharptons head is going to explode. (Not that that would be a bad thing.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.